cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards for helping community

Tishie1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Does anyone know how much money it takes off your phone bill to ask a question or answer a question for the community?

14 REPLIES 14

tyedye00

yes! Plus when you get those achievements and solved solutions. #PlayTheGame

tyedye00

New member here, I think it is best that community rewards are not clearly defined because as many people here say, “we are here to help,” and it isnt about the $$ (good bonus though!).

Just be active, provide help where you can and ultimately the community will thrive in doing so!

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anonymous wrote:

@RossN wrote:

people always leave bottles on the bus and at work lol

Yup. In BC, the big bucks are in the big beverage containers and booze containers. 🙂

In Ontario only alcohol containers have a deposit. I do sometimes see a beer can on the side of the road on the walk to the bus stop, but I am not going to carry around a nasty old beer can all day just to make 10 cents.

Plus if there is almost certainly someone out there who needs that dime way more than I do so I am good with letting them have it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MandyJ 

There it is! The addiction!

Yeah...tell me about it. 🙂

There's that little ping of satisfaction in the brain when someone goes away working after you've suggested something to them.

MandyJ

Yea, I came to this community figuring, hey... why not do something productive with my time while watching the Blue Jays lose (again!).... so I tend to split screen the game and help some people over here while I'm watching. If that nets me a reward, then at least someone's winning in the end, right?....

But then I started getting a bit addicted to the board and now I keep a window open all the time and check it periodically throughout the day to see if there are any questions I could leave my input on. I just think this is such a cool business model-letting the customers share their knowledge for the chance at a smaller mobile bill.

This is my first month with Public Mobile though, so I have no frame of reference as to how much or little helping people is needed to get a community reward.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RossN wrote:

Yup. In BC, the big bucks are in the big beverage containers and booze containers. 🙂

kelvarnsen

@RossN wrote:

as someone already mentioned here before,"it would be much easier to collect recycleables for the amount of time and effort involved "I have been here since dec. 2018 and was lucky enough to be in the top 25% a couple of times I received 2 dollars  both of those months so I guess you could use that for a reference, you do it because you enjoy it not for 2 or 3 bucks!!

This is true. Although at the same time, I can't collect recyclables while I watch tv, or while I ride the bus or while sitting at my desk. 

Plus I post on a bunch of other message boards that I don't make any money off of, so that is a big plus for this one.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Great question, but it's all about frequency in relation to everyone else for that given month.  So if a lot of people in the community are posting a lot for the given month and you do very little, then in comparison to the rest you will get very little $$.  However let's say you contribute a ton in a particular month, a lot more compared to the rest of the community, then you'll get a lot more $$.  So technically there's no actual mathematical way to know how much you;d get based on how many times you post.  You just have to make it part of your normal activity (daily or weekly), and just be happy with what you get Smiley LOL

RossN
Mayor / Maire

as someone already mentioned here before,"it would be much easier to collect recycleables for the amount of time and effort involved "I have been here since dec. 2018 and was lucky enough to be in the top 25% a couple of times I received 2 dollars  both of those months so I guess you could use that for a reference, you do it because you enjoy it not for 2 or 3 bucks!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tishie1 wrote:

What about the random, non phone related page? Do you get money from engaging on that?

The Lounge does not get counted. Some Announcements threads do not get counted.

Also, in addition to the above, the community reward gets reset each calendar month. You need to be active each month to get the reward. You don't just do it all up front and then keep collecting the reward.

Tishie1

What about the random, non phone related page? Do you get money from engaging on that?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Tishie1 Well, no one actually knows the rate. You actually have to engage actively throughout the month and based on your posts, bravos, solutions, and helpful answers, you can earn from $1 to $15 per month. 

Need Help? Let's chat.