cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards after suspension

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I just reactivated my account after having it suspended via lost/stolen so when I suspended it no rewards were applied unlike being suspended for non-payment where as your rewards are applied to the account then you're suspended. So once I have reactivated do I not still get my rewards that I earned in the month prior to self-suspension?

18 REPLIES 18

CFPartDeux

@darlicious wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

Its hopeless....I believe  @CFPartDeux  found the solution though...

Being somewhat vague as usual, it SOUNDS as though you're talking about the b.f. CONSTANTLY losing/breaking his phone? As for "the solution", IIRC, I've come up with a few of 'em..... duct tape, a string from one arm of his jacket, through to the other arm(like kids that always lose their mitts), or the sure fire way to prevent him losing his phone..... forbid him from ever owning one! 😉 😁

@LurganIeUk 

Its hopeless....I believe  @CFPartDeux  found the solution though...

@darlicious wrote:

@LurganIeUk 

I don't disagree with the "stolen" side of things but I am invariably dealing with the "lost" which has a 50/50 chance of being found!  Which is currently the case....."lost" somewhere in the house?!!

I'm going to assume you are not the one that looses a phone! Perhaps you should consider not be too helpful in finding. And you know....iPhones...have find my iPhone and other apps that allow you to see others phones too. And you can remotely make that lost phone beep, that is if all the settings are correct and the phone is on Data or Wifi. 

@darlicious 

Want to make sure we're talking about the same set of circumstances - i don't think we are.  I don't disagree that rewards should continue to accrue WHILE IN lost/stolen mode since while a customer is in that mode, they're still within their cycle of pre-paid service.

Are we so far on the same page?   Hope so...

I perceived that some users (perhaps not this OP) might believe that IF they place their account in Lost/Stolen mode, say very shortly after their most recent renewal, that they may think that when the service is removed from Lost/Stolen mode, that they may then get the full allotment of their rewards applied at the time of coming off Lost/Stolen mode, even if they were only on it for a day or two.

Clearly that's not the case and the rewards are based on 30-day cycles and paid out at renewals.  (i.e. not every time someone removes the Lost/Stolen status)

I think we were talking apples and oranges.   Sorry for the confusion in earlier post.

@HALIMACS 

Why should it make any difference when lost/stolen is enabled at anytime or any length of time during one's 30 day cycle ? You've paid for the 30 days whether or not you can use the service shouldn't be a condition of earning the rewards. In fact the very opposite is in effect. If you are suspended due to nonpayment your rewards are already applied then your service suspends. If you suspend using lost/stolen your rewards are not applied.

During the brief period that pm had fixed this glitch the rewards were applied during renewal as long as you were not suspended during the renewal process the rewards were applied to the account. They would still be applied manually after reactivating if that suspension carried thru renewal as the purpose has always been that rewards cannot be used to pay for your renewal after suspension due to nonpayment only.

@LurganIeUk 

I don't disagree with the "stolen" side of things but I am invariably dealing with the "lost" which has a 50/50 chance of being found!  Which is currently the case....."lost" somewhere in the house?!!

I realize there can be a few reasons to suspend an account. 

But for the true lost or stolen reason....would it not make more sense to always have one spare PM SIM Card and then use the SIM card change option? A spare can be as low as $2 if you keep a sharp eye on CCS. 

@darlicious I'm not surprised as they have to enroll during the signup, they are only eligible when they are paying for it not the minute after. It's nice if people run into mods that can or are willing to do it, I'm not sure how much of it is up to their discretion really. 

@darlicious wrote:

@HALIMACS 

It would add insult to injury if you suffered n autopay failure and you were then denied rewards but this issue only really comes up when suspending via lost/stolen. With the glitch back it causes a whole host of problems because of the new use for that feature when a customer is simjacked. Its current form was basically unheard of when I first posted about rewards not bring applied when using the lost/stolen feature for its original purpose. That was a mere 14 months ago.....

I feel that if using lost/stolen, the rewards shouldn't necessarily fully apply after removing that status.   Reason being, one could easily put their account in lost/stolen mode 1 day following a renewal in which the rewards were applied.   If they removed the lost/stolen mode 1 day after that, how would rewards reasonably get calculated and applied to that situation?   

Where it gets interesting is if the lost/stolen mode was enabled mid-cycle and the customer has 1/2 a cycle of 'earned' rewards allotment.   Should that be viewed differently than a couple days in lost/stolen status?   Could be ripe for abuse...

In the case of a true auto-pay failure, ABSOLUTELY the rewards should fully credit when reactivating.   And further to that, the customer shouldn't have to ask the Moderators to enable that.

@totalUser 

Except I have a referrsl who do to an issue during activation had to purchase a voucher for his activation. Once he set up his self serve he was able to add his card for autopay but two different moderators would not give him the autopay reward for his first month.

@HALIMACS 

It would add insult to injury if you suffered n autopay failure and you were then denied rewards but this issue only really comes up when suspending via lost/stolen. With the glitch back it causes a whole host of problems because of the new use for that feature when a customer is simjacked. Its current form was basically unheard of when I first posted about rewards not bring applied when using the lost/stolen feature for its original purpose. That was a mere 14 months ago.....

@treefrog 

This is prepaid so it's not about the previous cycle but the one that you are paying for.

When you signed up originally and when you pay and register for autopay you do get that $2 although you don't have previous cycle whether you 'earned'it.

They don't look back and see how many referrals you had in past 30 days but how many referrals you have right at that moment the payment is submitted you are eligible. 

It'sjust that you need mods to do it as system is not programmed to do it.

That completely makes sense, @treefrog 

It is a bit of a rigmarole, and there's no valid reason why you shouldn't have received them.

Good outcome!

treefrog

@HALIMACS 

I forgot to update that the moderator added my rewards after I inquired about them. According to the thread by @darlicious  the rewards cannot be used to pay for your plan when reactivating but you are still eligible for the rewards earned during a previous cycle or at least that's how I took it.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@treefrog 

Rewards are given on successful account renewals. 

It's my understanding that if someone's account becomes suspended due to an unsuccessful or non-payment upon renewal,  they may not receive rewards on the reactivation date,  but SHOULD on the renewal following reactivation. 

I might hope that the rewards for the 30- day period preceding account suspension WOULD, however, add to the credit on the next renewal. 

@treefrog 

Just message the moderators and ask for them to be applied. Reference the thread @JK8  supplied or my other thread mentioned if the moderator needs reassurance. As mentioned you just cant use the rewards to renew due to suspension for non payment ( although that is contradictory since your rewards will apply before you get suspended for non payment?!!)

treefrog

@JK8 

Thank you I will pass this on to the moderator.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@treefrog wrote:

I just reactivated my account after having it suspended via lost/stolen so when I suspended it no rewards were applied unlike being suspended for non-payment where as your rewards are applied to the account then you're suspended. So once I have reactivated do I not still get my rewards that I earned in the month prior to self-suspension?

See post by @darlicious here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Lost-stolen-my-rewards-bug-back-Edit-Yes-it-i...

Need Help? Let's chat.