cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rewards Program Not Working...

enee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ok, so I sat down in front of my computer with my friend to help him sign up for Public Mobile. I did the typing, he did the watching. When I got to the page where you fill in all of your contact information and passwords pins and referral information I found that I got an error. The error went something like this: "The Number is not valid". As I looked around the page to find this apparent number that was not valid all I could boil it down to was my referral phone number. I reluctantly deleted my phone number from the page and would'nt you know, the **bleep** thing worked!!

I joined Public Mobile back in April 2016 with a 90 day plan and a port of my old Wind Phone Number. My number has been a Public number for a good 6 months now and is certainly a valid Public Mobile phone number. I have been telling lots of people about public for these same months now and have been getting nothing for it and now I think I know why. This is so un-cool it’s hard to express. I happen to run a cell phone repair shop and work hard at showing people how much they can save on their monthy bills and I use my public bill as the ear catching example. It does'nt take much of an imagination to realized I actually really honestly have told a lot of people about Public Mobile, it makes me very upset to know it has all been for NOT.

I have seen the posts that state that once a person has been activated nobody can back date a referral for them. I think this is partially un-cool too. Although I see that backdating a referral for “anybody” on the system that forgot to input a referral during signup is very reasonable, there should be at least a one / two week window of time where a person could request to back date a referral. On top of that, dare I say, "The System Should Work", or am I asking too much!? Why should the customers of Public Mobile suffer because the company they believed in and trusted to provide promotions and services as they advertise, does not provide those promotions/services correctly? Please someone with authority answer this question for me.

You guys managed to get your heads around the "SIM Card Payment Thing", now let’s see if you can figure out that your referral rewards program needs to Actually Really Work. Big Sigh..

5 REPLIES 5

@JsGP wrote:

Hi enee.

I am dealing with this issue right now, years later. Did you ever get your issue resolved?  I have asked a moderator to look into it. It's for my Dad's phone. I went to a kiosk and had a number from my niece who had let me know about PM and what a great deal it would be for him since he uses his phone very little.  The representative did not enter the number unbeknownst to me before activating the account. She even apologized after and said that if I went to the website I could just plug the number in.  Ha! I wish I had just done it myself. I hope things have changed. 

@JsGP  Hi, I came across your post to a very old thread. Just wondering if you started your own... always best to post your own question to get a better response to your inquiry unless there is s new one that day dealing with a similar issue. Even still if it's yours you get to mark the solution to the person who helped you solve it. Anyhow if you didn't get help in these situations you need to contact the moderators via Simon (?) Keep it very simple with Simon and create a ticket explaining how the referral code was missed. It is likely they will apply it retroactively.  If you want to manage your dad's account for him just create the ticket for him and verify his account with the phone#, pin code#, email address for account and add the referral code for the moderator. They will get back to you within a day or two.

JsGP
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi enee.

I am dealing with this issue right now, years later. Did you ever get your issue resolved?  I have asked a moderator to look into it. It's for my Dad's phone. I went to a kiosk and had a number from my niece who had let me know about PM and what a great deal it would be for him since he uses his phone very little.  The representative did not enter the number unbeknownst to me before activating the account. She even apologized after and said that if I went to the website I could just plug the number in.  Ha! I wish I had just done it myself. I hope things have changed. 

jimmyche
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Totally agreed,

Or maybe show the referral number on the final confirmation page so we can confirm.

potato
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I agree, with all the issues and people having to start registration from scratch when it 404s or payment fails, there should be a 24h allowance on referral after activation. Another idea would be to extra highlight, this is your final chance to give a referral. Highlight the box and all. Maybe repeat it on the last page of registration if it has not been filled. 

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

I agree with you that if you weren't able to add a referral in the activation (the error you received) or maybe typed it wrong... there should be an opportunity for PM staff to add it or correct it.

Hey @Jeremy_M @David_J is there anything that can be done about this?  If not, can you please add this issue to your list of system improvements? I think it's unfair that @enee will now miss out on a referral reward because the system gave them an error.

Need Help? Let's chat.