cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retaining accumulated rewards

darlicious
Mayor / Maire
Tips for referrals                                                             @WoozyPolarBear 

I work at a large company, so I printed off a bunch of business cards  with my referral information and plan prices and attached them to public mobile SIM cards that I purchased in bulk from an ebay seller. I paid about $100 for 100 sim cards ($1/SIM), and just left them on the counter in the cafateria/lunchroom at work. I signed up in January myself, and currently my account has a credit balance of over $1100, and I have over 70 referrals. The only out of my own pocket money I've spent was for my first month on the $40 plan and the SIM cards I purchased on ebay. Since then, the referrals have more than covered my plan cost. In fact, I am gaining about $30 a month even AFTER my plan cost is deducted.

@WoozyPolarBear  You accumulated a large credit of friend rewards in your account. How is this possible when the "rules" say you cannot save them towards future plan renewals. Basically you will only be rewarded up to the cost of your plan. If you have an excess of rewards can they be used toward the purchase of add ons. Needing a little clarification between your situation and the information supplied by pm in the help articles on rewards.
Tags
7 REPLIES 7

@popping wrote:

The cheapest PM SIM card I purchased was $5 each from TMS.

Every couple of months, I got offer from PCO(PC Optimum) app to spend $50 and get 25k PCO points back.  25k PCO pts = $25 grocery at RCSS, NF, Loblaws, SDM etc.  

That one was just tossed around on here a week or 10 days ago. Was very ambiguous whether you had to have been targeted with this offer and you wouldn’t know instantly whether you got the points or not. I guess you could return them unopened if you didn’t get the points. 

It sounded more like a targeted offer from PC Mastercard offering the 25,000 Optimum points. I virtually never use my PC Mastercard so I tried logging in to see if I could find anything about it online. As soon as I had myself Locked Out from too many attempts I gave up!

Terry

dickwong
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Pretty good.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The cheapest PM SIM card I purchased was $5 each from TMS.

Every couple of months, I got offer from PCO(PC Optimum) app to spend $50 and get 25k PCO points back.  25k PCO pts = $25 grocery at RCSS, NF, Loblaws, SDM etc.  

I wish I could find 100 SIM Cards for $100! Maybe this was soon after PM SIM cards went from free to costing $? I see some in the Cdn $7.50-$8 each range on eBay with free postage.

Terry

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Wow, way to hustle! I'll have to try that sometime.

@darlicious 

The information that Public Mobile has provided is incorect and/or outdated.  Rewards get converted to account balance before the system even charges the plan fee.  This means that anything in excess over and above the plan fee will remain in the account balance after renewal.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This looks like work.  How about doing it as a hobby?

Need Help? Let's chat.