cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove friend who referred me

meggo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I was referred to PM by an ex... I am still with PM but don't want him receiving the Refer-A-Friend reward anymore. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance!

10 REPLIES 10

helenhelen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

But you also got $10 off your first month out of it. I'd suggest moving on with your life.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@meggo, after some thought and reading the posts, there may be a different scenario you may not have thought off. I don't know if this ethical or not. But, it is way to get away from the ex. A bad experience with the ex, but a positive experience with Public Mobile, let's see if this sounds like a good way or not?

Do you have a spare phone you can use? If you want, you could get a new Public Mobile sim card and use a different email address. Use your referral code (the one you have now) and send this is other new email address. What happens then your new account would get a $10 credit from your old account. Give it a month, to make sure all is well and that you got the $10, and then cancel your old account that has your ex as a referral. 

The only issue with that is if you have any previous referrals (and none, even better) and the number of years with Public Mobile (if less than a year, even better, something to think about if you have been receiving more than $1 a month savings). Granted, if you want nothing to do with ex, and he or she brings bad memories, yeah, I would cut ties with them immediately. 

If this sounds unethical, if you know somebody else a friend you may have referred in the past, who could refer them to you, so they can get a referral savings. 

Merely a thought. I know this post sounds unethical, but, having memories of an ex is not a good thing either. And @meggo sounds like they like Public Mobile more than anything than the ex! 

@meggo wrote:

I wasn't looking for life advice, just if it was possible to remove that referral.

hahahahaha that is really funny!  Sometimes in trying to help, some veteran members could not help but impart some life advice. lol

@Jb456 and @computergeek541 gave you the answers, you might take or not.  Do what you think is best for you.  Best wishes!

@meggo wrote:

I wasn't looking for life advice, just if it was possible to remove that referral.

I understand that, but your question was answered with two alternatives which are to either have your Public Mobile services cancelled or that it otherwise wasn't possible. The part about an ex-partner was introduced in your first message. 

meggo

Thank you!

meggo

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541  it would cost the ex to pay an extra $1 per 30 days 😂

@Jb456 wrote:

@meggoThere kind of is away. Will cost you though. 

Not sure how long you been with PM and if you have any loyalty or referrals yourself but. Buy another another providers sim like Lucky as well as another Public Mobile sim.

Port your number out to Lucky. Public mobile account will close automatically and you'll loose any rewards you have and they ex will no longer be your referral.

Then activate a new sim and port your number back from Lucky to PM. You can use a new referral code to get $10 again. The rest will close you.

So not really worth it!

I agree that's a lot of trouble to go through just to get back at someone. In the end, it also doesn't accomplish anything.

@meggoThere kind of is away. Will cost you though. 

Not sure how long you been with PM and if you have any loyalty or referrals yourself but. Buy another providers sim like Lucky as well as another Public Mobile sim.

Port your number out to Lucky. Public mobile account will close automatically and you'll loose any rewards you have and the ex will no longer be your referral.

Then activate a new sim and port your number back from Lucky to PM. You can use a new referral code to get $10 again. The rest will cost you.

So not really worth it!

@meggo wrote:

Hi there,

I was referred to PM by an ex... I am still with PM but don't want him receiving the Refer-A-Friend reward anymore. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance!

No, it's not, and it can't be re-assigned. I suggest moving on.

Need Help? Let's chat.