cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referring a friend

LivSan86
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My friend is trying to register her public mobile sim card, she is having problems with the referral part. I referred her, but when she enters my phone number and submits her information, it says that my phone number isn't a public mobile phone number. I have been a customer for 3 months and kept my phone number from my old phone company. How do we get by this?

Thanks,

Liv

3 REPLIES 3

This happened in my early days.  I registered with a new number, then ported after all systems were confirmed working.

i ported my number, it was confirmed fully working.

My friend I referred a couple days later got the same error.  I lost out on the referral $1 per 30-day cycle.  There was no reward for the new customer at the time.

Moderators at that time could not assist in adding the referral.  But I got my number fixed, and got $29 in lost potential credits.  30 day cycle number 24 would have just ended.

@LivSan86, I’m happy for you there is a solution for this now... please advise the moderators that someone needs to fix your number so the referrals will work in the future.

LivSan86
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you so much i will forward this information to her

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@LivSan86, are you saying that when you set up your account you had your number ported over to Public Mobile.  Now your friend is activating a new account and is using your ported number for referral and it is being rejected as a legit Public Mobile number?  The only thing I can think of is that the self serve portal is acting up.  Try having your friend clear brower cache or use incognito mode and try again.  Worst case, have her activate without the referral and then contact the moderator team and explain the problem and they will add the referral after the fact.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include in the private message account number and PIN code along with a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.