cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referred someone but not getting reward

natewu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I referred someone but I'm not getting $1 off or the $10 promotion. The person literally took 30mins to choose a number, not sure if that affects it...

22 REPLIES 22

Ivon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for all the suggestions. Good news is i message the modulator and got my bonus back! I learnt the lesson next time i cannot rely on staff at retails and go with my own research.

@Ivon wrote:

Sadly I did not get  the sim for free. I paid for my aunt sim, and sign up for $25 plan for her to qualify the promo. I did ask the staff particularly was it $10 in addition to the regular $10 bonus, and he told me yes, as he was reading from his screen. I will try to reach out to London drugs. If the sales wasnt so sure, I would have just get the sim and activate it myself. 

@Ivon  You definitely have a reason to complain to London drugs. Some of the responsibility you have to own yourself...but it's understandable that when you asked the London drugs staff member about the promo specifically and he gave you the wrong information there is an expectation that the professional knows more than you the customer. And sometimes pm promos do change on the fly...as this one did twice...appearing on people's account before the official announcement and some jumped the gun and activated on the $15 before the terms and conditions were available. Those who put in a request quickly and topped up their account to purchase the $25 plan were honoured by pm. Secondly pm extended the promo (nice!) an extra week which benefited many so things do change and it is reasonable for you to assume something may have changed and salesperson was informing you of that change. What is important to remember here is your issue lies solely at the feet of london drugs.They have a very strong customer service satisfaction guarantee and a price match policy of 30 days. I suggest this....first find another retail store that offers a free SIM card withvactivatio offer and ask for a price match. If you live in the lower mainland...go mobile repair has one on their website since June of 2019. Otherwise look in your area for one offered at the same time As your aunts activation. Then get a refund on the SIM card. That covers your aunts lost $10 credit. Now how to get them to compensate you for your lost $10 credit. A little trickier...but the want to make sure you Are a satisfied customer...and you can tell them how much you love to shop there and how you would hate to have to go elsewhere..... maybe free SIM card for your next activation or a $10 gift card or if you do shop there a lot...a $10 coupon. $10 additional dollars off a sale item that youve been wanting. Think of a few creative ways for them to compensate you for your loss but still benefits them as well. And this as a lesson well learned...in a way you are both a customer of public mobile and an employee (albeit an unpaid one) so you bear the responsibility going forward of being well informed of all the terms and conditions of promos and flash sales offered by public mobile. Best of luck.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Ivon  if you signed up at a store you won't get the 10$ and she won't get the extra 10$ just the normal 10$ like you said she got the next day 

Ivon

Sadly I did not get  the sim for free. I paid for my aunt sim, and sign up for $25 plan for her to qualify the promo. I did ask the staff particularly was it $10 in addition to the regular $10 bonus, and he told me yes, as he was reading from his screen. I will try to reach out to London drugs. If the sales wasnt so sure, I would have just get the sim and activate it myself. 

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

- make sure the person you refer entered your referral code and entered it correctly.

- did they get activated credit? If they did then it would mean they entered a referral code.

- check with the MOD

@Ivon wrote:

I encountered the same issue. The person I referred to already got the $10 credit the day after sign up/activation. But I still havent recieved it. I was at the store the staff told me it would work even I sign up in the store so I let him help my aunt to sign up. 

@Ivon very frustrating to hear you and your aunt will be denied the bonus $10 referral credit because "staff think they know what they are talking about when it comes to pm promos. Let me ask....were you specific about the bonus referral credit or were you both a little general about it leading to an assumption that it was just a regular referral? As well...did your aunt get a free SIM card? Unfortunately because you did not follow the conditions there is very little pm will do about it. However you may depending on the what was said between you and the salesperson in regards to the referral promotion and what kind of retail location you are dealing with...and a chain will be more likely want to fufill their customer service commitments than a smaller independant...maybe the opposite can be true. I think it comes down to this if your aunt received a free SIM card then she has still benefited an equal amount and you have learned the lesson that retail staff rarely are aware of any current promotion by pm and even if it qualifies for an in store activation you must monitor the activation and understand what is required to qualify and even direct the staff as to how to navigate the site and where and what to choose. Pm's model of self serve means it in almost all aspects of their mobile service. The more you learn about pm the better your experience  will be...whether you can get a credit for their mistake...at the very least your aunt should benefit from a free SIM card.

@Ivon 

You were misinformed by vendor.  Your aunt had to sign up at home, online to get the special promotion that ends today.  You will get ongoing $1/month credit as long as your aunt stays with Public Mobile.  Your aunt also will not get the extra $10 bonus credit.  

Here are the terms:

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a $25/mo plan or higher during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion. Learn more about Referral Codes HERE
  3. The extra one-time $10 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Purchase a Public Mobile SIM card. (Find a store)
  2. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on a $25/mo plan or higher at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  3. Enter your active Public Mobile referral code on the referral page during the activation process. The one-time $10 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

Ivon

I encountered the same issue. The person I referred to already got the $10 credit the day after sign up/activation. But I still havent recieved it. I was at the store the staff told me it would work even I sign up in the store so I let him help my aunt to sign up. 

natewu

Same thing happened here, been a few days still no $10 bonus. But I did get the $1 autopay.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Tom19   if your friend used your refferal code you should see the 1$ friend refferal in your account right away. The 10$ that he will get usually is in the account the following morning!  If you don't see the 1$ reward on your account then your friend will have to contact the moderator_team to see what went wrong 

Tom19

My friend did the activation front of me and still not received both $1 and $10. It is 4 days now. Hopefully, PM will fix this issue.

natewu

ah, I see. Activated at home. Gonna wait a few days to see then.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I hope they did not activate in store if it took 30 mins to pick a number.

@natewu 

The $10 credit usually appears within 72 hours.  Also, your friend had to activate at home, online for this week's special promotion.  Otherwise, if your friend activated in store, you will only get $1 ongoing credit (not additional $10)  as long as your friend stays with PM.  

natewu

@GR wrote:

@natewu  did you check your account to see if the 1$ reward is there?  Sometimes you don't get the text until the next day at 1pm or not at all

I checked again and got the $1 but no $10 credit anywhere..

@natewu wrote:

I referred someone but I'm not getting $1 off or the $10 promotion. The person literally took 30mins to choose a number, not sure if that affects it...

When you submit a ticket through the SIMon chat window, selecting the option for missing refer-a-friend rewards will bring up form for you to fill out that will ask a few questions including the referral code that was used. After filling that out, you should hear from moderators in a couple of days.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@natewu  did you check your account to see if the 1$ reward is there?  Sometimes you don't get the text until the next day at 1pm or not at all

natewu

Thanks, I'll try contacting help. I have not received a text message so far... But I did confirm they added the code.

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If they used your referral code when they signed up then you should have received the text message telling you this. If they forgot to enter the code then i would ask the person you referred to ask the moderator team for help, maybe they can apply the referral code to their account. The amount of time someone takes to choose a phone number should not affect anything.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Have the person who you referred to submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

jluong9
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You usually get a text within a few minutes after they have successfully activated if you refered someone or not. Always make sure that they enter your referal code when activating. If it didn't go through try contacting a moderator for some help.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@natewuDid the person enter your referral code? Time took to pick the phone number should not affect the referral. Log into your selfserve in a few days to see if your $1 got added.

Need Help? Let's chat.