cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referred my wife

dandb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I told my wife about public mobile she went to Wal mart they signed her up and activated SIM..   my referral code wasn't entered anywhere yet can she still do it?  Can I still get the $1 off every month and the $10 credit?

9 REPLIES 9

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@kb_mv so referral code can be added by moderators after activation.  Good to know.  thank you.

@RosieR 

One of several official things around here that aren't so official in reality.

@Anonymous I know right?  I am getting frustrated with the system.  It is probably one way to get rid of people like me. LOL

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR wrote:

@kb_mv so referral code can be added by moderators after activation.  Good to know.  thank you.

@RosieR 

One of several official things around here that aren't so official in reality.

@kb_mv wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

The problem is  that no one had come back to tell us if they got their referral credit or the moderators had manually added the referral code... so, we don't really know.  I hope you get the moderators to add your son's referral code, so you can come back and let us know.  thanks in advance.

@RosieR A referral of mine "forgot" to use my referral code. I advised them to contact the moderators and they did in fact add it after the fact.

@RosieR wrote:

The problem is  that no one had come back to tell us if they got their referral credit or the moderators had manually added the referral code... so, we don't really know.  I hope you get the moderators to add your son's referral code, so you can come back and let us know.  thanks in advance.

@RosieR A referral of mine "forgot" to use my referral code. I advised them to contact the moderators and they did in fact add it after the fact.

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@dandb wrote:

Just got my wife signed up was done at Wal mart my referral code wasn't entered at the time can I still enter it somehow so I can qualify for the extra $1 off every month?

Hi @dandb it says on How to Activate page 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Activate/ta-p/251824

• If you’ve been referred, make sure you add your friend’s Public Mobile phone number in order for your friend to be eligible for the Refer a Friend Reward. You will not be able to add a referral number after activation.

But hey, there must be an exception to any rule, right?  Why else will we be advising new members to go to the moderators for help about referrals after activation?  The problem is  that no one had come back to tell us if they got their referral credit or the moderators had manually added the referral code... so, we don't really know.  I hope you get the moderators to add your referral code to your wife's account, so you can come back and let us know.  thanks in advance.

Please note:  Since your wife activated in-store, she should open a self serve account here

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

EDITED:  according to @kb_mv post below, moderators can do this for you.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@dandb wrote:

Just got my wife signed up was done at Wal mart my referral code wasn't entered at the time can I still enter it somehow so I can qualify for the extra $1 off every month?

Yes, contact a moderator. They will be able to add the referral code for you.

Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@dandb Don't berate her too severely, Walmart is infamous for neglecting the referral.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@dandb wrote:

I told my wife about public mobile she went to Wal mart they signed her up and activated SIM..   my referral code wasn't entered anywhere yet can she still do it?  Can I still get the $1 off every month and the $10 credit?

@dandb Officially the answer is no. Unofficial yes you can. Contact a moderator, explain what happened and they will hook you up.

Edited to add: Your wife (read you) has to contact them through her community account.

You can contact the mods one of 2 ways. Open a ticket through the automated ticketing system (SIMON) at the following link;

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

or you can contact them through direct messaging at the following link (note this way may take longer for a response);

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In either case you should receive a reply within 48 hours though typically they are much faster. Watch the envelope icon top right for a reply.

Need Help? Let's chat.