cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referred a friend but he didn't use my referral number

pwm444
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I obtain referral benefit if friend didn't use my referral number when registering with Public?

4 REPLIES 4

I keep seeing this back and forth

Sometimes they say they can fix referals other times they say its impossible

Without knowing what system is capable of you are never going to get an accurate answer and you have to send a message to moderators

I have sent (at least) 9 emails personally on this issue and although they have manually credited the accounts they usually claim it is no longer possible to correct refer codes automatically so I dont know anymore

If they were more clear it would certainly cut down on support requests

pwm444
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We didn't have my referral number available. I actually helped my friend set up his new account. I thought he only had to provide my Public phone number. It took so long to wait to set up his new account that point I told the Walmart rep to proceed/finalize the new account and I would sort out applicable rewards with Public later on line. (long line-up at Walmart)

Thank you for the link. Very helpful! I have emailed moderator team which will hopefully have the rewards applied to our accounts. 

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I would ask the moderator team about this, they might be able to help.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@pwm444, do you mean the friend forgot to apply your referral code during sign up or they used someone else as referral. If it is the former, your friend can get the moderator team to make the adjustment.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.