cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referrals

Renee79
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Am I able to refer my children (age 14 and 12) and use me as a referral and get the discounts each month? Of course since they aren’t of age, it will be my name and credit card on all accounts. Thinking it maybe possible as it will be 3 different phone numbers?  Anyone know for sure?

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@arneveu wrote:

So if I am understanding correctly, we need to have different emails to count as a referral? It can be our name and credit card, but a different email?

You might be confusing things. Every activation needs a unique email address to sign up.

Any name can be used. The same payment card can be used if you're setting up multiple accounts. Perhaps stagger the days of activation so as not to trigger fraud suspicion by the bank.

A referral is entered by the new customer by way of a code from the existing customer.

arneveu

So if I am understanding correctly, we need to have different emails to count as a referral? It can be our name and credit card, but a different email?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarkS wrote:

Hi, can we confirm this is true? 

Without a quote...confirm what?

MarkS
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, can we confirm this is true? 

I am quite surprised that it has been so long now since any of the regular  promotions. There were a couple of one or two day promotions with the free 5Gb add on package but that's about it. I would think some sort of New Customers promo is overdue.

Terry

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire
@Renee79 Since Public Mobile is a post paid service, your children are not entering into any kind of contract by signing up. Just a clarification as you mentioned they are not at the age of majority yet. If your locale has official Public Mobile booths, they give away SIM cards with activation and sometimes have special deals at the booths.

egg007

Great tip!  Thank you!

@Dunkman wrote:

@Renee79 

If you are not in a rush, I would suggest activating when there are some special promotions. The $25 friend referral promotion for both parties is excellent promo for self referrals. 

And I would say we are about due for  that promo almost any time now. Sometimes it runs in conjunction with the $10 credit per month for first 6 months promo or the second month free promo. 

Renee79

Wow, thanks for that great tip!

@Renee79 

If you are not in a rush, I would suggest activating when there are some special promotions. The $25 friend referral promotion for both parties is excellent promo for self referrals. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

And yes you can use your number @Renee79 for the credit for referral...they will have 10$ each for the activation and you 1$ each 30 days.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Sure you can

You could have all 3 numbers in your name too and still collect the referral

The only thing I'm not sure it's how many times you can use your credit card for autopay, 3 should be good but it would be great to have an extra one on hand just in case

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Renee79 wrote:

Am I able to refer my children (age 14 and 12) and use me as a referral and get the discounts each month? Of course since they aren’t of age, it will be my name and credit card on all accounts. Thinking it maybe possible as it will be 3 different phone numbers?  Anyone know for sure?

Yes I know...I have 3 daughters...Smiley Wink you can have 3 diffrent SIM cards with 3 different numbers 1 for each and 3 different accounts for them with 3 different emails. But you can use the same credit card.Smiley Happy

Need Help? Let's chat.