cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referrals to Public Mobile

kujo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Over the years I've managed to acquire a few referrals, but as of recently the total referral rewards appears halted.. I recently received another referral, when I checked my account the referral rewards had increased to mirror this referral, but less then a half hour later this reward was removed from my account.

When I last contacted PM about this same issue I feel I was just brushed off... Now that it has continued to be an issue I'm seriously considering changing providers (even if it means paying more) as the level of trust has been seriously eroded due to this experience.

Has anyone else had this issue?

How often can a circumstance occur before it's no longer a coincidence?

24 REPLIES 24

@Curly75 Please remove your personal information.

did you check the Friend list on My Account?  that will show the last 4 digits of the phone numbers of each friend you refereed , you cannot find it there?

Also, have your friend to wait 72 hours and see if she sees the $10 friend referrals bonus as well.

Then have your friend to open ticket with PM, click on the Bubble on the lower right or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.
Follow these these to get to ticket open page quicker:

1. Type: My rewards are missing,
  2. click on "Refer A friend",
  3. click on "Yes, I'm the referred customer',
  4. click "Click here to submit a ticket" .
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

@Curly75 You should remove any personal information this is a public forum.  Click on the three dots on the top right hand corner.

Submit a ticket to a CSA.

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Curly75
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@kujo wrote:

Over the years I've managed to acquire a few referrals, but as of recently the total referral rewards appears halted.. I recently received another referral, when I checked my account the referral rewards had increased to mirror this referral, but less then a half hour later this reward was removed from my account.

When I last contacted PM about this same issue I feel I was just brushed off... Now that it has continued to be an issue I'm seriously considering changing providers (even if it means paying more) as the level of trust has been seriously eroded due to this experience.

Hi @kujo as you can see from the responses above, this referral issue has been happening to other members as well.  Perhaps PM is doing some changes that they have not released yet, and I hope not to the detriment of users who earned those referral credits fair and square.  So I hope everything works out for best in the end.  Best wishes!

@Anonymous wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@Anonymous Perhaps a glitch triggered by the script they ran to remove "ghost" referrals? I will report this to them and find out what's going on. @gpixel 

I think some around here might think "leave well enough alone". Don't attract attention to it and all. 🙂

@gpixel wrote:

@NDesai yes just leave it. the last time I tried doing something I lost referrals like @will13am did. Ive experienced this before, same thing was happening when I was on a lower priced plan

I am sure they already know about it. They will do what's best for Telus. I understand your view on this as they might take a deeper dive into referral rewards, but at the same time we do not want someone else to lose out on referral rewards. Like i said, they did not say anything about this change so without coming up with a real strategy, they would not enforce it and not tell anyone. If they were to pause referral rewards that exceeds plan cost, who will then continue to refer for no rewards. 

I will not report this for now and consider it as a temporary glitch that will eventually resolve. Please let us know if you see more people report something similar. 

@NDesai yes just leave it. the last time I tried doing something I lost referrals like @will13am did. Ive experienced this before, same thing was happening when I was on a lower priced plan

Anonymous
Not applicable

@NDesai wrote:

@Anonymous Perhaps a glitch triggered by the script they ran to remove "ghost" referrals? I will report this to them and find out what's going on. @gpixel 

I think some around here might think "leave well enough alone". Don't attract attention to it and all. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpixel wrote:

@NDesai no they don't. but slowly I've been receiving the credit for them, but numbers are still not being shown. it's all good, I just need to upgrade plans to keep the train going

But if everything was as it was then you shouldn't have to.

@NDesai no they don't. but slowly I've been receiving the credit for them, but numbers are still not being shown. it's all good, I just need to upgrade plans to keep the train going

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpixel : you could link your previous thread/posts for NDesai. But @NDesai , we have the OP here now reporting something similar.

@gpixel wrote:

@Anonymous Now I'm past the reward time and my community reward sits around for the month until I renew again

this was what I meant when I was asking @NDesai .

since my community reward is sitting in my account longer it seems my $10 community reward + $2 auto-pay is stopping my total referral amount from increasing. I'm observing this through my list and 3 recent friends I referred 

That should not be the case. Do your referrals' phone numbers show up in the referral list? If yes, do the count match the rewards you are getting? What amount applies during the renewal? 
I am curious to know this as well. They haven't told us anything officially, so i doubt they would enforce it so quick.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpixel wrote:

@Anonymous Now I'm past the reward time and my community reward sits around for the month until I renew again

this was what I meant when I was asking @NDesai .

since my community reward is sitting in my account longer it seems my $10 community reward + $2 auto-pay is stopping my total referral amount from increasing. I'm observing this through my list and 3 recent friends I referred 

Like I said...maybe they're enforcing something now. Maybe it'll creep into the other rewards eventually. That would be unfortunate. Maybe that's why they haven't had the existing customer referral credit for a while. Or these little one-off promo's just now.

Oops.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpixel wrote:

@NDesai are you over by a substantial amount? and do you receive the community reward a few days/weeks before or after your renewal?

As you know, the community reward pays out on about the same day each month. Your renewal creeps up all the time.

Mine went through the community reward time and it got a little messy but it sorted itself out (or did I ask the mods 🤔) Now I'm past the reward time and my community reward sits around for the month until I renew again.

@gpixel wrote:

@NDesai are you over by a substantial amount? and do you receive the community reward a few days/weeks before or after your renewal?

Yes. We get the community rewards on the 6th of every month just like everyone else. Renewal date will change every month since we are on 30 or 90 days plans. It is safe to say it applies before the renewal date. It would take a long time to get the renewal date on the 6th. So if i am thinking correctly, may be only once in 5 years?, community rewards won't apply on the renewal date. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@kujo 

@gpixel  here has also observed this. There is an official statement in all the rewards stuff that says rewards will only go as high as your plan cost. For a long time it wasn't enforced. Maybe they're making it so. Maybe you and he can share commonalities and see if there is a pattern. I don't think it's happening with everybody....yet.

I can confirm that is not the case at least for my 5 years old account. Because of the community rewards, my total rewards surpasses the total plan cost. I have reviewed my last three renewals, and rewards always applied before applying the plan cost. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@kujo I got multiple texts over the last couple of days telling me i referred someone. I know i did not. This is resulting from the "ghost" referral fix they applied a few months back. To know how many actual referrals you have, please count the phone numbers listed on the Rewards Page. If the count do not match the referral rewards you are seeing, contact the mod team. As far as i know, the counter is pretty accurate. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

Oops.jpeg

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@kujo wrote:

@kujo   Unless you have reached the maximum number of referrals allowed of $110 (I think) you should still be able to get credit for new referrals.  However, there was a system glitch which allowed for referrals that were no longer active or had left PM to be credited to customers" accounts erroneously.  That was fixed a few months ago and that may be the reason why you're no longer receiving the so called "ghost referrals" 

But check against the numbers of people you referred listed in your rewards section of your account and if there is some missing referrals, submit a ticket to moderators either via the chatbot bubble bottom right or click the envelope icon and private message Moderator_Team.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@kujo When you say your were brushed off, what was the reply you received? There was an issue with people still getting referral rewards for accounts that were no longer active. Have you gone through your referral list and confirmed that everyone of them is still active? The referral that you just received. when it showed up with the last 4 numbers, is that one now missing?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kujo 

@gpixel here has also observed this. There is an official statement in all the rewards stuff that says rewards will only go as high as your plan cost. For a long time it wasn't enforced. Maybe they're making it so. Maybe you and he can share commonalities and see if there is a pattern. I don't think it's happening with everybody....yet.

Need Help? Let's chat.