Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Referrals to Public Mobile

Oops.jpeg

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel4 wrote:

@z10user4 Now I'm past the reward time and my community reward sits around for the month until I renew again

this was what I meant when I was asking @NDesai .

since my community reward is sitting in my account longer it seems my $10 community reward + $2 auto-pay is stopping my total referral amount from increasing. I'm observing this through my list and 3 recent friends I referred 

Like I said...maybe they're enforcing something now. Maybe it'll creep into the other rewards eventually. That would be unfortunate. Maybe that's why they haven't had the existing customer referral credit for a while. Or these little one-off promo's just now.

Highlighted
Oracle

@gpixel4 wrote:

@z10user4 Now I'm past the reward time and my community reward sits around for the month until I renew again

this was what I meant when I was asking @NDesai .

since my community reward is sitting in my account longer it seems my $10 community reward + $2 auto-pay is stopping my total referral amount from increasing. I'm observing this through my list and 3 recent friends I referred 

That should not be the case. Do your referrals' phone numbers show up in the referral list? If yes, do the count match the rewards you are getting? What amount applies during the renewal? 
I am curious to know this as well. They haven't told us anything officially, so i doubt they would enforce it so quick.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel4 : you could link your previous thread/posts for NDesai. But @NDesai , we have the OP here now reporting something similar.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@NDesai no they don't. but slowly I've been receiving the credit for them, but numbers are still not being shown. it's all good, I just need to upgrade plans to keep the train going

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel4 wrote:

@NDesai no they don't. but slowly I've been receiving the credit for them, but numbers are still not being shown. it's all good, I just need to upgrade plans to keep the train going

But if everything was as it was then you shouldn't have to.

Highlighted
Oracle

@z10user4 Perhaps a glitch triggered by the script they ran to remove "ghost" referrals? I will report this to them and find out what's going on. @gpixel4 

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@NDesai wrote:

@z10user4 Perhaps a glitch triggered by the script they ran to remove "ghost" referrals? I will report this to them and find out what's going on. @gpixel4 

I think some around here might think "leave well enough alone". Don't attract attention to it and all. 🙂

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@NDesai yes just leave it. the last time I tried doing something I lost referrals like @will13am did. Ive experienced this before, same thing was happening when I was on a lower priced plan

Highlighted
Oracle

@z10user4 wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

I think some around here might think "leave well enough alone". Don't attract attention to it and all. 🙂

@gpixel4 wrote:

@NDesai yes just leave it. the last time I tried doing something I lost referrals like @will13am did. Ive experienced this before, same thing was happening when I was on a lower priced plan

I am sure they already know about it. They will do what's best for Telus. I understand your view on this as they might take a deeper dive into referral rewards, but at the same time we do not want someone else to lose out on referral rewards. Like i said, they did not say anything about this change so without coming up with a real strategy, they would not enforce it and not tell anyone. If they were to pause referral rewards that exceeds plan cost, who will then continue to refer for no rewards. 

I will not report this for now and consider it as a temporary glitch that will eventually resolve. Please let us know if you see more people report something similar. 

Need Help? Let's chat.