cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Referrals to Public Mobile

Over the years I've managed to acquire a few referrals, but as of recently the total referral rewards appears halted.. I recently received another referral, when I checked my account the referral rewards had increased to mirror this referral, but less then a half hour later this reward was removed from my account.

When I last contacted PM about this same issue I feel I was just brushed off... Now that it has continued to be an issue I'm seriously considering changing providers (even if it means paying more) as the level of trust has been seriously eroded due to this experience.

Has anyone else had this issue?

How often can a circumstance occur before it's no longer a coincidence?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Referrals to Public Mobile

@kujo 

@gpixel4 here has also observed this. There is an official statement in all the rewards stuff that says rewards will only go as high as your plan cost. For a long time it wasn't enforced. Maybe they're making it so. Maybe you and he can share commonalities and see if there is a pattern. I don't think it's happening with everybody....yet.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@kujo When you say your were brushed off, what was the reply you received? There was an issue with people still getting referral rewards for accounts that were no longer active. Have you gone through your referral list and confirmed that everyone of them is still active? The referral that you just received. when it showed up with the last 4 numbers, is that one now missing?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@kujo wrote:

Over the years I've managed to acquire a few referrals, but as of recently the total referral rewards appears halted.. I recently received another referral, when I checked my account the referral rewards had increased to mirror this referral, but less then a half hour later this reward was removed from my account.

When I last contacted PM about this same issue I feel I was just brushed off... Now that it has continued to be an issue I'm seriously considering changing providers (even if it means paying more) as the level of trust has been seriously eroded due to this experience.

Has anyone else had this issue?

How often can a circumstance occur before it's no longer a coincidence?

@kujo   Unless you have reached the maximum number of referrals allowed of $110 (I think) you should still be able to get credit for new referrals.  However, there was a system glitch which allowed for referrals that were no longer active or had left PM to be credited to customers" accounts erroneously.  That was fixed a few months ago and that may be the reason why you're no longer receiving the so called "ghost referrals" 

But check against the numbers of people you referred listed in your rewards section of your account and if there is some missing referrals, submit a ticket to moderators either via the chatbot bubble bottom right or click the envelope icon and private message Moderator_Team.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Oops.jpeg

Highlighted
Oracle

@kujo I got multiple texts over the last couple of days telling me i referred someone. I know i did not. This is resulting from the "ghost" referral fix they applied a few months back. To know how many actual referrals you have, please count the phone numbers listed on the Rewards Page. If the count do not match the referral rewards you are seeing, contact the mod team. As far as i know, the counter is pretty accurate. 

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Highlighted
Oracle

@z10user4 wrote:

@kujo 

@gpixel4  here has also observed this. There is an official statement in all the rewards stuff that says rewards will only go as high as your plan cost. For a long time it wasn't enforced. Maybe they're making it so. Maybe you and he can share commonalities and see if there is a pattern. I don't think it's happening with everybody....yet.

I can confirm that is not the case at least for my 5 years old account. Because of the community rewards, my total rewards surpasses the total plan cost. I have reviewed my last three renewals, and rewards always applied before applying the plan cost. 

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@NDesai are you over by a substantial amount? and do you receive the community reward a few days/weeks before or after your renewal?

Highlighted
Oracle

@gpixel4 wrote:

@NDesai are you over by a substantial amount? and do you receive the community reward a few days/weeks before or after your renewal?

Yes. We get the community rewards on the 6th of every month just like everyone else. Renewal date will change every month since we are on 30 or 90 days plans. It is safe to say it applies before the renewal date. It would take a long time to get the renewal date on the 6th. So if i am thinking correctly, may be only once in 5 years?, community rewards won't apply on the renewal date. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel4 wrote:

As you know, the community reward pays out on about the same day each month. Your renewal creeps up all the time.

Mine went through the community reward time and it got a little messy but it sorted itself out (or did I ask the mods 🤔) Now I'm past the reward time and my community reward sits around for the month until I renew again.

Need Help? Let's chat.