cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral to Temporary Phone Number

hockeymaniac12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What if you refer a friend and they use your temporary phone number? I am waiting to port over my old number but a couple of friends are wanting to sign up, will it still work if my temporary number is connected to my activated account? Or should I tell them to wait until I get my phone number issue sorted and have them refer with my permanent phone number?

12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hockeymaniac12 wrote:
Cool rewards system, what a scam.

Many thousands of people successfully go through the process. Just because you're having some kind of problem doesn't make it a scam.

Other providers *only* offer refer a friend. This provider offers 4 different kinds of rewards. It's not a scam.

The refer a friend has two current flavours:

1. standard non-promo activations of $10 for the new customer and $1/30 days for the existing when activating in-store

2. promo credits of $25 for both when activated online

But hurry for the promo.

hockeymaniac12

Well I havent’ heard anything back, and reading through some forums it looks like they are unable to manually change anything once they activate. I have another friend going in today to purchase a plan so I gave her my current ACTIVE phone number and that first temporary number, hopefully one works but I doubt it because it didn’t work yesterday. This is so stupid, I’m not going to ask my friends to wait a couple of days with no phone while I wait for a moderator to message me back saying there’s nothing for them to do. Cool rewards system, what a scam.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hockeymaniac12, - if your friend signed up inx-store, and was unable to enter (or not asked by the clerk) for your number as a referer, I think he can ask the moderator team to update his account to add you as a referrer.  This should be done ASAP via private message to the moderator team.  If the story/explanation is reasonable, they should be able to do it for you.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Danitoo

From my understanding, the referral bonus is only availible online.  I just switched over yesterday and have already received the bonus credit. So get your people to do the activation online and enter your number in the referral section.  Sorry about your luck, maybe the mods can help you out?

hockeymaniac12

@CS_Agent

Ah, see, this is what I feared would happen. My friend just went in and tried to refer using my number, the one that is my permanent one currently active, and nope, system didn’t get it. No referral for me, no credit for either of us and I didn’t have the temporary number. And I have more people signing on but what’s the point when it doesn’t work for me?

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Basically, at the time of activation, the refferal PM number has to be the active number on the account. Once the activation is complete the referral linkage is done via the account numbers and not phone numbers. Both parties can change their phone number after this point. 

So  it all about timing

@will13am wrote:

@hockeymaniac12, I would suggest just porting your number now and give your friends the ported number.  Porting is very fast for wireless numbers, usually 1-2 hours maximum.  There is a fall back if things do fall off the rails.  The moderator team can fix referral issues after the fact. 

@hockeymaniac12, with the delay that could come in porting your PC MObile number it depends on when teh friends sign up.  If they are going to do it now use the temporary number that you were given.  If they are waiting until you get your port cleared up by the mods then have them use your fully ported number.  Once a referral is associated to your account number you phone number no longer matters and can be changed.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@hockeymaniac12, I would suggest just porting your number now and give your friends the ported number.  Porting is very fast for wireless numbers, usually 1-2 hours maximum.  There is a fall back if things do fall off the rails.  The moderator team can fix referral issues after the fact. 

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hockeymaniac12 wrote:

Okay Jessica, I'll give them both numbers and then depending on whatever is active at the time I guess it let's them know right away whether or not the number works!

Thanks!

@hockeymaniac12Rememer to advise them the sign up bonus can take 3 days but your $1 will show up right away in pending rewards. If after 3 days the credits are not applied the moderator team will be able to fix it for you, and them. So there is no reason to delay the process of getting the best deal on a mobile service.

hockeymaniac12

Okay Jessica, I'll give them both numbers and then depending on whatever is active at the time I guess it let's them know right away whether or not the number works!

Thanks!

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hockeymaniac12

If its not a do or die situation..personally id wait..make sure all is good account wise on your end..my 2cents

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hockeymaniac12 wrote:

What if you refer a friend and they use your temporary phone number? I am waiting to port over my old number but a couple of friends are wanting to sign up, will it still work if my temporary number is connected to my activated account? Or should I tell them to wait until I get my phone number issue sorted and have them refer with my permanent phone number?

@hockeymaniac12If what I read is correct then once the referral is added to your account you can change your number freely without it effecting the reward. If the new number is ported and they try to use your old number as the referral then it will generate the error "Please enter an active public mobile number" so I would suggest giving them the new number as well for that situation. If for some reason there was a problem the public mobile moderator team would be able to fix the error either way so don't have them hold off.

Need Help? Let's chat.