cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Referral to Temporary Phone Number

What if you refer a friend and they use your temporary phone number? I am waiting to port over my old number but a couple of friends are wanting to sign up, will it still work if my temporary number is connected to my activated account? Or should I tell them to wait until I get my phone number issue sorted and have them refer with my permanent phone number?

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Referral to Temporary Phone Number


@hockeymaniac12 wrote:

What if you refer a friend and they use your temporary phone number? I am waiting to port over my old number but a couple of friends are wanting to sign up, will it still work if my temporary number is connected to my activated account? Or should I tell them to wait until I get my phone number issue sorted and have them refer with my permanent phone number?


@hockeymaniac12If what I read is correct then once the referral is added to your account you can change your number freely without it effecting the reward. If the new number is ported and they try to use your old number as the referral then it will generate the error "Please enter an active public mobile number" so I would suggest giving them the new number as well for that situation. If for some reason there was a problem the public mobile moderator team would be able to fix the error either way so don't have them hold off.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Referral to Temporary Phone Number

@hockeymaniac12

If its not a do or die situation..personally id wait..make sure all is good account wise on your end..my 2cents

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Referral to Temporary Phone Number

Okay Jessica, I'll give them both numbers and then depending on whatever is active at the time I guess it let's them know right away whether or not the number works!

 

Thanks!

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Referral to Temporary Phone Number


@hockeymaniac12 wrote:

Okay Jessica, I'll give them both numbers and then depending on whatever is active at the time I guess it let's them know right away whether or not the number works!

 

Thanks!


@hockeymaniac12Rememer to advise them the sign up bonus can take 3 days but your $1 will show up right away in pending rewards. If after 3 days the credits are not applied the moderator team will be able to fix it for you, and them. So there is no reason to delay the process of getting the best deal on a mobile service.

Oracle

Re: Referral to Temporary Phone Number

@hockeymaniac12, I would suggest just porting your number now and give your friends the ported number.  Porting is very fast for wireless numbers, usually 1-2 hours maximum.  There is a fall back if things do fall off the rails.  The moderator team can fix referral issues after the fact. 

Oracle

Re: Referral to Temporary Phone Number


@will13am wrote:

@hockeymaniac12, I would suggest just porting your number now and give your friends the ported number.  Porting is very fast for wireless numbers, usually 1-2 hours maximum.  There is a fall back if things do fall off the rails.  The moderator team can fix referral issues after the fact. 


@hockeymaniac12, with the delay that could come in porting your PC MObile number it depends on when teh friends sign up.  If they are going to do it now use the temporary number that you were given.  If they are waiting until you get your port cleared up by the mods then have them use your fully ported number.  Once a referral is associated to your account number you phone number no longer matters and can be changed.


* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Referral to Temporary Phone Number

Basically, at the time of activation, the refferal PM number has to be the active number on the account. Once the activation is complete the referral linkage is done via the account numbers and not phone numbers. Both parties can change their phone number after this point. 

 

So  it all about timing

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Referral to Temporary Phone Number

@Moderator_Team

Ah, see, this is what I feared would happen. My friend just went in and tried to refer using my number, the one that is my permanent one currently active, and nope, system didn’t get it. No referral for me, no credit for either of us and I didn’t have the temporary number. And I have more people signing on but what’s the point when it doesn’t work for me?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Referral to Temporary Phone Number

From my understanding, the referral bonus is only availible online.  I just switched over yesterday and have already received the bonus credit. So get your people to do the activation online and enter your number in the referral section.  Sorry about your luck, maybe the mods can help you out?