cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral rewards if my referrers switch to Koodo, legacy plans ending?

kkum
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Currently I'm getting $21 every 90 days in referral rewards.

With the enticing new Koodo offer, some of my referrals are looking to switch to it.

Will I lose the referral rewards of everyone that switches?

Also, I noticed PM has been pushing customers to Koodo quite heavily lately. 

Is this a bad sign for my existing legacy PM plan?

I'm currently on the $120/90 day 4GB, provincial calling, international text plan.

I'm afraid I'll receive another PM text spelling the end of this legacy plan but this time they go through with it.

Thoughts?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@srins02wrote:

Yes if your referals switch to Koodo, you will no longer recieve that money. They are trying to offer you good plans to switch so that they can shut down Public Mobile and then get people to buy there expensive plans.

@srins02 Public Mobile is not shutting down.  As @mimmo mentioned, it compete with Lucky (Bell's 3rd tier brand) and Chatr (Rogers' 3rd tier brand).  They may be slowly evolving to look more like those brands, but are not disappearing.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@srins02 where have you seen that pm is being closed.please do not spread rumours.

Pm is more likely to stay now that all 3 tel cos have low cost flanker brands.

srins02
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes if your referals switch to Koodo, you will no longer recieve that money. They are trying to offer you good plans to switch so that they can shut down Public Mobile and then get people to buy there expensive plans.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@kkum Yes, you will lose all your referrals if they move to koodo. As for the security of your current plan, they have not given us any information on what they will do if you decide to stay.

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kkum, Yes, unfortunately, you will lose the referral rewards from those people who leave Public mobile.

As for another possible price increase or push to Koodo, anything is possible.  If the math makes sense for you to jump, you need to jump.  If it is still better for you to stay, then wait it out.

Need Help? Let's chat.