cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral reward taken away because of cancelled card due to privacy breach

azira
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

My family is on Public Mobile and I was getting a referral reward for referring my parents. They cancelled their credit card because of the NCIX privacy breach and had forgotten to add a new card for the auto-payment. They added a new credit card 10 minutes after they were notified that they didn't have a current card anymore and Public Mobile took away my referral reward the same day. It's been a few weeks now and I still haven't had any sort of change to say that I'd get the referral reward back.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@azira wrote:

Very late notice but here's an update:

I think the mod team misread the situation and did not provide me with a solution. I have waited for a billing cycle to see if the referral reward would appear but based on my bill it doesn't look like it. I can't double-check my bill because I've been locked out of my account for some reason. 😕

Very frustrating that a 10 min lack of credit card will deny any rewards. I don't see much point to referrals if something like this will upset the system.

Moderators are good to add back your missing credits because of the moderator wait time and credit card issue.

azira

Very late notice but here's an update:

I think the mod team misread the situation and did not provide me with a solution. I have waited for a billing cycle to see if the referral reward would appear but based on my bill it doesn't look like it. I can't double-check my bill because I've been locked out of my account for some reason. 😕

Very frustrating that a 10 min lack of credit card will deny any rewards. I don't see much point to referrals if something like this will upset the system.

azira

I have sent a message to the moderators and will update when I get a reply.

carrieellen

I've had the same issue. Thanks for bringing it to attention

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As long as service is paid everything should be fine. If they didn't pay yet then it would be removed until paid. 

This is still going on.  Dont you think the promo is already over.

Normally a reward is removed when an account is not topped up

The system SHOULD automatically re-add the reward next day after new card is added

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@azira, can you please post your transaction history for the last 90 days?  I’m wondering if the rewards were credited to your available balance before the declined was made.

In practice, the AutoPay is calculated as Total Cost, minus available reward credits and already available funds.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

@azira, are you able to see their phone numbers in the referral list?  Go to the rewards page, click on the little sideways triangle.  That should expand to a list of referral phone numbers.  All active referrals should be listed there.  If not, then you need to reach out to the moderator team.  Please report back outcome.  It would be important to know whether the system is smart enough to put back referral accounts that go out of suspension. 

@will13am

Thank you for the tip on getting the list of my referrals. 

One referral is a self-referral for a $10 plan.  I port my number to PM over the temporary PM number at activation time. I am happy to report that PM back office IT department did a great job in updating my referral list with the newly ported in number.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@azira, are you able to see their phone numbers in the referral list?  Go to the rewards page, click on the little sideways triangle.  That should expand to a list of referral phone numbers.  All active referrals should be listed there.  If not, then you need to reach out to the moderator team.  Please report back outcome.  It would be important to know whether the system is smart enough to put back referral accounts that go out of suspension. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

You probably need to contact moderator for help with referral rewards.  They should be able to re-instate your rewards.  

send a private message through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.  Also, include your parent's phone numbers, etc.  

Need Help? Let's chat.