Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral reward details.

CJ_in_Chilli
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The reward text states

$1 Per Friend

Get referred and you'll receive a one-time $10 credit! Plus we'll take $1 off your payment every 30 days for every friend you refer for as long as they stay with us. Sharing is caring!

If I get this right, after all the work of convincing a friend to switch to PM he gets an instant 10 credit, but it takes 10 months for me to get that much (if he sticks with it that long).

Now if I got this wrong and we both receive a 10 credit (as some members may have alluded to) perhaps a bit of rewording is in order? 

In other words could someone please clarify what reward you actually received when your friend activated using your code, thanks!

Regards, 

CJ

9 REPLIES 9

CJ_in_Chilli

@ChuckYeah wrote:

A short time ago there was a special promo where the referrer and referee got an extra $10. This may be why some references were made to a $10 reward for the referrer.

Ultimately, I think you're on the right track. Public mobile wants new clients to stay, so they reward you for the longevity of your referral. If they stay 2 years, you receive $ 24 over that time.

@ChuckYeah yes long term patience always bring more rewards than instant gratification. It totally makes sense. 

CJ_in_Chilli

@GR wrote:

@CJ_in_Chilli you got it right in your first paragraph!   The friend gets a one time 10$ credit on their account to cover the cost of their Sim card and you get 1$ off a month for as long as they stay with public mobile!   Find 5 friends and it saves you 5$ a month. I find it's a great system, it takes a while but you can slowly get your bill lower! 

Thanks all for the great replies. 

@GR I admit it didn't seem worth the trouble at first look, but most of us will naturally tell our friends about good deals, so it's quite nice to receive a reward in return however small it may seem. 

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@CJ_in_Chilli Here is info on the Refer A Friend Reward.

The Refer A Friend Reward

How Does It Work?

It’s simple: you will earn $1 every 30 days for each friend you refer to Public Mobile who enters your unique referral code in the referral code box during activation. Plus, your friend will receive a one-time credit of $10. You’ll continue to earn Rewards on plan renewal dates as long as your friends remain active customers. If you’re on a 90-day plan, this means you’ll earn $3 every 90 days for each friend.

You can read about referrals here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

However from time-to-time, Public Mobile can offer bonus promotions.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@juice you should erase your refferal code from the post by clicking on the 3 dots to the right of the post. Refferal codes are not allowed in the community and will be removed by moderators or Oracle's 

juice
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Removed Referral code:  ShawnC13

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@CJ_in_Chilli , think of the $10 for the new account as a return of funds for the SIM card purchase even though it is binned in the refer a friend category.  Referral is a long game.  When I started here 3 years ago, I never ever imagined the success I would have with referrals.  

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

A short time ago there was a special promo where the referrer and referee got an extra $10. This may be why some references were made to a $10 reward for the referrer.

Ultimately, I think you're on the right track. Public mobile wants new clients to stay, so they reward you for the longevity of your referral. If they stay 2 years, you receive $ 24 over that time.

@CJ_in_Chilli   I agree with @GR  it can take ,a little while but they slowly start to add up. Combined with the other rewards they really start to put a dent in your bill. It seems like a pittance if your on the $60 plan but they can reduce the former $10 plan and $15 plan down to almost nothing in no time.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@CJ_in_Chilli you got it right in your first paragraph!   The friend gets a one time 10$ credit on their account to cover the cost of their Sim card and you get 1$ off a month for as long as they stay with public mobile!   Find 5 friends and it saves you 5$ a month. I find it's a great system, it takes a while but you can slowly get your bill lower! 

Need Help? Let's chat.