cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral from unknown community members allowed?

Mar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I read over the PM terms and conditions for the refer a friend offer and the terms state 

• You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation. So can a community member that I didnt already know refer me? Does a "personal relationship" count if it just began through this forum? While the $25 would be nice, I dont want to be in breach of the rules. Thank for the info!!
10 REPLIES 10

Mar

Thanks for all the thoughtful replies. I read everything I could find on the refer a friend program and decided that I wont use a referral. I appreciate the discussion very much. Thank you community! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mar wrote:

Hi @Anonymous

To me, the brotherhood and sisterhood of my religion actually does possess a personal relationship aspect to it because thats truly how I would feel if I had just met them out in the real world. So it felt to me like it met my understanding of PM's criteria, but then I thought I could be wrong. Thus, in the broadest sense, I was trying to understand what more experienced PM users know about the personal relationship criteria. 

Then I think you have your answer to your ethical dilemma.

Mar

Hi @Anonymous

To me, the brotherhood and sisterhood of my religion actually does possess a personal relationship aspect to it because thats truly how I would feel if I had just met them out in the real world. So it felt to me like it met my understanding of PM's criteria, but then I thought I could be wrong. Thus, in the broadest sense, I was trying to understand what more experienced PM users know about the personal relationship criteria. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mar wrote:

Sorry. Im new. The first post was an accidental one where I hit post without writing a comment. I didnt know how edit or erase it, so I posted again with what I actually meant to post. Since I didnt get a response from someone I felt could meet the criteria set out in the terms, now Im asking for clarification of the definitions. Again, apologies. 

While I applaud your ethics, your second post wasn't looking to meet the criteria here. It was looking to find someone to meet your own criteria.

Mar

Sorry. Im new. The first post was an accidental one where I hit post without writing a comment. I didnt know how edit or erase it, so I posted again with what I actually meant to post. Since I didnt get a response from someone I felt could meet the criteria set out in the terms, now Im asking for clarification of the definitions. Again, apologies. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is the third thread about referrals.  This member is looking to be banned. 

Mar

I do not want to be involved in shenanigans. It isnt about whether they will check or investigate. For me, it is about how PM defines a personal relationship. I just want to stay on the right side of things. Thanks for all the replies! 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

We are a big family here at PM community forum with members helping members.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mar wrote:

Hello, I read over the PM terms and conditions for the refer a friend offer and the terms state 

• You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation. So can a community member that I didnt already know refer me? Does a "personal relationship" count if it just began through this forum? While the $25 would be nice, I dont want to be in breach of the rules. Thank for the info!!

There are all kinds of referral shenanigans that go on. Do they investigate them all? No. Will they? Not likely. It's up to you.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Mar

It should be fine to get a referral from anybody.  It is done all the time....  as long as Public mobile gets more customers, I don't think that they would mind...

Need Help? Let's chat.