cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral didn't work

debomu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my friend was referred by me and when he went to get his SIM card, he offered up my phone number as the referral just like I did when I joined (offered up the phone number of the person who referred me).  However, it didn't work and he walked away with the SIM card but didn't get the referral credit and I also will not get the referral credit ($10) or the ongoing $1/mo savings.  1. why was my phone number not accepted as the referrral (it worked when I signed myself in June)

2. How do we retroactively get my referral code attached to his account so we can both get the $10 credit and I can get the ongoing $1/mo credit?

THank you

12 REPLIES 12

debomu

Not sure if my answer posted.  But, yes they did it. However, the new client (who you referred) has to have your referral code and contact the moderator directly.  When I gave my code to my friend and he contacted the moderator directly they added the $10 credit to his account and started my $1/mo referral credit on my account.  But the person being referred (new client) has to request it, not the person doing the referring.  Hope that's clear and yes, they actually did it for us.

kazoo

Thanks, that's clear. Will ask my friend to contact a moderator about this.

debomu

I logged on to my PM account and got my referral code.  I gave it to my friend who then had to contact a moderator to claim the referral rewards.  The moderator then manually added the referral credit to his site as well as mine.  He go the $10 referral credit and I started getting the $1/mo off my bill.  So, yes it is possible and yes, they did do it.  But the new person signing up has to send in the request directly to the moderator....you (being ther person who referred) can't do it...request has to come from the new client. Hope that's more clear and yes, they actually did it.

kazoo

...and yes, I saw the reply, "all you can do is ask the moderators to add the referral and only you will get the reward." To my mind, that's not a definitive, "Yes, it can be done.", or a "No."

kazoo

I see that question #2 went unanswered: can the reference code be applied retroactively?

This last weekend a friend switched to PM in store and did not have my reference code handy. I have the code and know where to get it, and had mentioned the switch from phone # to reference code a few weeks back. The in store person - this was London Drugs - was super helpful to my friend; no complaints there. I was pretty much out of touch much of the weekend on the water, where the boat motor and my crappy hearing means I don't notice the phone making noise or vibrating. So, is there a way to have my friend use my reference code retroactively? 

Thanks for any help with this.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@debomu, by chance did you unsubscribe to text notifications? 

@debomu wrote:

They didn't offer any transition period for this new code thing??? It just changed 3 days before he went and now he loses out on the $10 credit just because I don't recall getting the announcement???  That's so wrong, no notice and just cut out the program because somoene didn't notice a single announcement message (not even sure I got it at all)

@debomu  As mentioned, login to your selfserve and get your reference code. Give it to your friend and ask them to message the moderator with the info and see if they will add it.

And they sent a text a week before that to everyone to explain what was taking place

Anonymous
Not applicable

@debomu wrote:

They didn't offer any transition period for this new code thing??? It just changed 3 days before he went and now he loses out on the $10 credit just because I don't recall getting the announcement???  That's so wrong, no notice and just cut out the program because somoene didn't notice a single announcement message (not even sure I got it at all)

There was advance notice. Text as mentioned and here.

For your refferal code log in to your account and look on the right top hand corner. It's a 6 character code!  Also you should of got it last Wednesday in a text from 5131 public mobile 

debomu

Anonymous
Not applicable

@debomu wrote:

my friend was referred by me and when he went to get his SIM card, he offered up my phone number as the referral just like I did when I joined (offered up the phone number of the person who referred me).  However, it didn't work and he walked away with the SIM card but didn't get the referral credit and I also will not get the referral credit ($10) or the ongoing $1/mo savings.  1. why was my phone number not accepted as the referrral (it worked when I signed myself in June)

2. How do we retroactively get my referral code attached to his account so we can both get the $10 credit and I can get the ongoing $1/mo credit?

THank you

They've changed over to a referral code very recently (5 days ago)...not your phone number.

You as the existing customer would only have got the $1 reward. The new customer would get the $10.

But now, all you can do is ask the moderators to add the referral and only you will get the reward...not the new customer.

Need Help? Let's chat.