cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral credit not obtained

kamalji1979
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have referred my friend and she has an active public mobile sim but I did not got the referral credit since couple of times.

17 REPLIES 17

@kamalji1979 congrats on getting back all 10 of your missing referrals. Contact the moderators and ask them wjy they werent credited last period and ask them to give you a credit for them. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

kamalji1979

Now it shows up but I could not get that credit for at least a year. Is there a way to get it back?

Best

Kamalji1979

@kamalji1979  You may want to confirm with them and record each phone number to have them added back if they haven't left.

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cielomartini 

If you know that all 17 people are still active with public mobile then you would need to get into contact with moderators. 

Click on the ? in the bottom right and follow the prompts or private message them using the envelope on the top right and type Moderator_team in the send to section 

@cielomartini wrote:

hi there, I have 17 friend referral for the last years i’ve been with public mobile but today for some reason they only credited 7 friends instead of 17.  All my friends are still active.  can someone help me please. Thank you. 

There was a bug that gave out too many refer a friend rewards that PM recently cleaned up. You will have to contact a moderator for assistance if you have more referrals than rewards given out.

Please contact a moderator (Public Mobile representative) via the chatbot:

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

cielomartini

hi there, I have 17 friend referral for the last years i’ve been with public mobile but today for some reason they only credited 7 friends instead of 17.  All my friends are still active.  can someone help me please. Thank you. 

Rachi_W1

Cheers!

@Rachi_W1 

First click the 3 dots on right hand side of your post and edit the post. Delete the referral code that's not allowed as it's open to all the public to see.

For your $10 it could take up to 72 hours to be credited to your account.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Rachi_W1

Hi! I just signed up for public mobile and was transferred from Rogers. I used my friend's referral code, but I was not awarded the $10 referral deduction upon sign up. I was wondering if this takes some time to get placed onto my account. The referral code was ------- and when I activated my account, there was a check mark beside it. 

please help! Thank you so much. 

randalp

I dont think you get the $10.00 credit. You would get the $1.00 per month credit, which does add up as you gain referrals. I have had it take up to 24 hours to get a referal active on my account. I got the text message as soon as it was linked ot my account. 

Be sure everything was entered correctly. I had a friend swear they entered it correctly, but was off by one letter. Can be easy to miss. 

@oglat wrote:

Did you get sms that you referred a friend, that should happen as soon as they open account

If the activation occurs after 9pm eastern/6pm pacific, that text message will not be received until 12pm easterm/9am eastern.  I can only assume that Public Mobile does not want to have people upset about receiving messages during the middle of the night.

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Did you get sms that you referred a friend, that should happen as soon as they open account

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kamalji1979 wrote:

I have referred my friend and she has an active public mobile sim but I did not got the referral credit since couple of times.

Are you expecting $10 referral credit?

You, as referrer, get $1 refer-a-friend reward per 30 days cycle as long as your friend stays with PM.  No one time $10 credit.

Your friend, as referee, will get one time credit $10.  No $1 per 30 days cycle.

@John12 wrote:

It should be in your account in couple of hours if your friend typed the code correctly!

It shouldn't take a couple hours. Refer-a-friend rewards show immediately.

John12
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It should be in your account in couple of hours if your friend typed the code correctly!

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Never has any issue with this. Did your firned correctly use your referral code? If yes, rewards should appear right away in your account. Be sure to check in self-serve and see if you can see your friend's number in the referral list.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@kamalji1979 wrote:

Your friend will have to contact the moderator. Have friend click on the ? in lower right side of screen to start process of moderator intervention. Please be patient as it could take a day or 2 for them to respond...usually much less.

Need Help? Let's chat.