cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral codes

savpackerinxd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Has anyone ever been able to change their referral code? 

12 REPLIES 12

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous  agreed it's first world problems probably like many things on this forum.

If it is a random generator. It's pretty easy to remove specific digits from being used.  I would say it's computer 101 but even that is too advanced a Google search is all that is needed.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7322689/generating-a-random-numbers-and-letters

popping

@Anonymous wrote:

Jeez. First world problems. On those rare occasions when someone asks for one, I give mine and then describe that such and such is so and so.

It's an oh not a zero. If written down then yes employ all those written techniques like the dashed 7 and slashed zero etc. If it _still_ isn't put in right then oh well.

I agree with popping...it's a random generator and I think it should stay that way OR go back to the phone number.

Agree.  I add one sentence about the zero or oh.  I also include the link to the activation page with my code filled in. If it fails, we have moderator as backup to fix it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeez. First world problems. On those rare occasions when someone asks for one, I give mine and then describe that such and such is so and so.

It's an oh not a zero. If written down then yes employ all those written techniques like the dashed 7 and slashed zero etc. If it _still_ isn't put in right then oh well.

I agree with popping...it's a random generator and I think it should stay that way OR go back to the phone number.

mimmo

@Carniam  no i just asked mods about changing the code.   as for the bigger issue O, 0 , 1 & I,  moderators have no control over that.   the PM team would be the ones who would have control over that.

@Alan_K  are you able to comment on this: removing these confusing letters/numbers from referal codes?  my referal code for example is 0Oxxxx

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mimmo Was there any discussion regarding taking out O01and I for new codes due to confusion?

mimmo

@savpackerinxd   i did contact teh moderators and they did say it was not possible.  I am assuming it is because it is autogenerated by the system on account creation, thus  not changeable.  

popping

I am not sure whether moderator will have access to the function to generate referral code.  It may not be as easy as we think because every referral code are unique in the PM system.  Otherwise, we may have the infamous phantom refer-a-friend reward count again if two or more accounts with the same code.

@savpackerinxd 

Follow the thread from @mimmo  earlier today as he will update the thread with what the moderators have to say on the subject. I have a feeling its a "no" .......but it never hurts to ask! I guess he won't be the only one waiting with baited breath.....

Eliza5

Hi @savpackerinxd ,

Welcome...no the referral code can not be changed.

Eliza5

tabi159w

In another post someone commented that they had asked PM and been denied. YMMV.

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I don't think you can change your referral code, it come with you self serving account.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@savpackerinxd there is a long time member that asked this question today.

he messaged the moderators earlier. I'm not sure if they came to a conclusion yet

here's the link to that post

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/anyone-had-success-changing-referal-code/td-p...

Need Help? Let's chat.