cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral code combination

Eister
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Joined Public Mobile yesterday at London Drugs and just finished setting up my account today.  All went well and I received my $10. credit from a friend who referred me. Now received my own personal referral code, just not sure if the O is a number or letter.  Are the codes all issued as an equal 3 numbers plus 3 letters in random order?  I can clearly see 3 numbers... 2 at the beginning and 1 at the end.  So am assuming the 3rd 4th and 5th are letters, but not sure how to confirm.

11 REPLIES 11

Paro
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We had the same issue. The good thing was that when we were signing up on the public site and entered the referral code it was able to immediately verify if the code was right and confirm. 

Eister

Thanks!  I can see my O is definitely more round than oblong 0, so must be the letter....now all I need to do is find a friend to send it to!  Lol

GR
Mayor / Maire

The way I figured out mine is put the capital letter O and the number 0 to see the difference ....  O 0

I  that when you enter the code it doesn't matter if you put capital letters or not but the difference between the letter and number O or 0 would make a difference 

@Eister wrote:

Do you know if it is always 3 of each....numbers and letters?   Just curious. 

No, it's not. It can be any combination of letters and numbers.  Mine has 5 letters and only one number.  I've seen some with 2 or 3 numbers.

@EisterNot it is not necessarily 3 of each.. I have 2 digits in some of mine.

@Eister wrote:

Mine has 4 numbers and 2 letters.

And I've seen other codes with 5 letters.

Eister

@Eister wrote:

Thank you....I can see the difference in shape now that you posted them side by side!  

So I assume all referral codes may be a random combination of 3 numbers, plus 3 letters.

The number and letters are not position specific. It is indeed random.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Eister 

You can copy and paste your code and compare the letters on a text editor such as word or notepad.

At the time of activation, your friend has to provide a valid referral code. The screen will not accept an invalid referral code.

Eister

Thank you....I can see the difference in shape now that you posted them side by side!  

So I assume all referral codes may be a random combination of 3 numbers, plus 3 letters.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@Eister There are O and also 0 in referral codes as I got those in mine

Need Help? Let's chat.