cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral Rewards- I am joining soon, but can the referrer be someone switching to PM right after me?

Amida
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am joining soon to Public Mobile, but can the referrer be someone switching to PM right after I do?

My friend referred, or recommended, us to try Public Mobile, but they haven't tried/switched to it yet but researched the plans here are pretty good.

So, we all want to switch to PM and he referred me in this case, but he is not with PM yet, so can I still use his phone number as the referrer even though he hasn't joined yet, but will do so the same day as me?

He will use the same number when he switches to PM, that I put in as referrer.

Thanks for any help !! 😃

7 REPLIES 7

WOW, can’t believe I just did that.  Oh well.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Amida, Be the first of your friends to sign up.  Private message me if you wish to use me as your referring friend, so you can get the $10 portion of the referral, and I will get the $1/30 days.

cheers!

vanessapage
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No, because he's not a PM user. Why doesn't he sign up first and then he can refer you?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Amida, just switch the sign up order around.  If the parties do not mind who is going to refer and who will be the referred, let whatever happens happen.  The new referral rewards apply to both parties.  Arguably the $10 one time credit for the referred party is as good or better than $1/30 days.  The break even point is 300 days.  A lot can happen in the mean time (e.g., migration offer for Koodo). 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Whoever is referring you needs to already have an account, with an active PM phone number, because they can't get the referral reward retroactively.  Moderators have said they can't add referrals after the fact.  In other words, one person must activate first, then refer the other.

Orz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I don't think so. The referrer must be a current PM customer as far as I know, otherwise how else can PM give referrer the reward if the person is not even "on file"?

So your friend must first activate his line before you do in order to be a referrer.

You may already know that now the referee gets a one-time $10 credit. So being the referee has its perks, too!

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The person referring you has to be a Public Mobile user.  If they are not, you both will not receive any credit.

Need Help? Let's chat.