cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Referral Missed renewal by a day, Lost my Referral credit

So in January 2018 my friend's credit card expired and she forgot to update the information.

She eventually did renew but by that time I lost my Refer a Friend reward. My plan renewed at the end of January, and again in April and then July. 

From July - Oct, I was finally able to get my reward back, only for it to disappear because of some technical issues (which was promptly fixed) I contacted the MODs and was told that her account was indeed active. After a week I get the following:

 

We have seen that subscriber has 2 referral accounts and has received RAF reward only for 1 referral. This is because the schedule of  1 referral account-xxxx has been failing every renewal (8 July & 6Oct) due to which subscriber's referring counter decremented by 1. This Refer-a-Friend reward counter of the subscriber will increment by 1 and will be set to 2 actual referral count upon next successful run of that referral-xxxx. This is as per business functionality of Refer-a-Friend reward counters. No issue observed from our end."

 

"Also, kindly note that the refer-a-friend reward is directly linked to your friend's payments and status. Their accounts should never go into the suspended state basically (not even for just a few hours or minutes) or else, you lose the reward and to get it back, they need to make at least 2 successfully 2 payments successively. If their payment date is after your renewal date, I am afraid that you will need to wait until the next one in order to get the reward back. "

 

So from what I gather from my communication with the MOD is that Publicmobile will NOT give me my reward even though my friend's account is currently ACTIVE. I am at a complete loss for words. I am really disappointed with Publicmobile and they way they are handling this. This company is trying to get out of paying out rewards even though the person I refered is still a customer. Now I wish I took the offer for Koodo... 

 

 

Mayor / Maire

Re: Referral Missed renewal by a day, Lost my Referral credit


@Nebula wrote:

So in January 2018 my friend's credit card expired and she forgot to update the information.

She eventually did renew but by that time I lost my Refer a Friend reward. My plan renewed at the end of January, and again in April and then July. 

From July - Oct, I was finally able to get my reward back, only for it to disappear because of some technical issues (which was promptly fixed) I contacted the MODs and was told that her account was indeed active. After a week I get the following:

 

We have seen that subscriber has 2 referral accounts and has received RAF reward only for 1 referral. This is because the schedule of  1 referral account-xxxx has been failing every renewal (8 July & 6Oct) due to which subscriber's referring counter decremented by 1. This Refer-a-Friend reward counter of the subscriber will increment by 1 and will be set to 2 actual referral count upon next successful run of that referral-xxxx. This is as per business functionality of Refer-a-Friend reward counters. No issue observed from our end."

 

"Also, kindly note that the refer-a-friend reward is directly linked to your friend's payments and status. Their accounts should never go into the suspended state basically (not even for just a few hours or minutes) or else, you lose the reward and to get it back, they need to make at least 2 successfully 2 payments successively. If their payment date is after your renewal date, I am afraid that you will need to wait until the next one in order to get the reward back. "

 

So from what I gather from my communication with the MOD is that Publicmobile will NOT give me my reward even though my friend's account is currently ACTIVE. I am at a complete loss for words. I am really disappointed with Publicmobile and they way they are handling this. This company is trying to get out of paying out rewards even though the person I refered is still a customer. Now I wish I took the offer for Koodo... 

 

 


@NebulaIt sounds like you will still get the reward, you will just have to wait 30 days extra without a referral so in the end you miss $1? Which seems fair ... regardless of 1 day, 15 days or 29 days, Correct me if I am wrong but if its not in the allocated time its not rightfully yours and its working as intended. I don't think thats worth switching services.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Referral Missed renewal by a day, Lost my Referral credit

I have to wait 2 renewals, which happens every 90 days. That means $6. Yes it is not much, but its the priciple of the matter. It has happened since the end of January. And I feel it will keep happening.

 

"Correct me if I am wrong but if its not in the allocated time its not rightfully yours and its working as intended."

 

No where did it say that there is an allocated time when I signed up my friend. I knew that it had to be active for me to get the $3. That is all.

 

 

@NebulaIt sounds like you will still get the reward, you will just have to wait 30 days extra without a referral so in the end you miss $1? Which seems fair ... regardless of 1 day, 15 days or 29 days, Correct me if I am wrong but if its not in the allocated time its not rightfully yours and its working as intended. I don't think thats worth switching services.


reward and to get it back, they need to make at least 2 successfully 2 payments successively. If their payment date is after your renewal date, I am afraid that you will need to wait until the next one in order to get the reward back. "

 

Mayor / Maire

Re: Referral Missed renewal by a day, Lost my Referral credit


@Nebula wrote:

I have to wait 2 renewals, which happens every 90 days. That means $6. Yes it is not much, but its the priciple of the matter. It has happened since the end of January. And I feel it will keep happening.

 

"Correct me if I am wrong but if its not in the allocated time its not rightfully yours and its working as intended."

 

No where did it say that there is an allocated time when I signed up my friend. I knew that it had to be active for me to get the $3. That is all.

 

 

@NebulaIt sounds like you will still get the reward, you will just have to wait 30 days extra without a referral so in the end you miss $1? Which seems fair ... regardless of 1 day, 15 days or 29 days, Correct me if I am wrong but if its not in the allocated time its not rightfully yours and its working as intended. I don't think thats worth switching services.


reward and to get it back, they need to make at least 2 successfully 2 payments successively. If their payment date is after your renewal date, I am afraid that you will need to wait until the next one in order to get the reward back. "

 


Thats the unfortunate part about being on the 90 day plan. You get the benefit of a data bucket across 90 days but you can easily lose on the friend referral.

 

A renewal is considered your plan length, so if its a 90 plan, then its 1 renewal. I know this as I also have the 90 days plan, however if I lose the $1 or $2 on the 30 or 60 day renewal its still much worth it for me to still stay on the 90 day plan because my data is spread across 90 days. A HUGE advantage (for me)

 

But thats the way the system works. If its that much of a concern switch to a 30 day plan or explain to your friend to top off in advance to prevent their service from being disrupted.

Oracle

Re: Referral Missed renewal by a day, Lost my Referral credit

This is the first I have heard of this policy.

 

@Alan_K are you able to clarify?  I do think recall seeing any rules similar to this the rewards rule page.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Referral Missed renewal by a day, Lost my Referral credit


@mimmo wrote:

This is the first I have heard of this policy.

 

@Alan_K are you able to clarify?  I do think recall seeing any rules similar to this the rewards rule page.


Thanks! I was trying to find a list of PM people to tag to see if they can shed some light on this and you did the job for me Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

Re: Referral Missed renewal by a day, Lost my Referral credit

@Nebula

I would send a private message to moderator explaining the fact that it is not your fault that PM computer unlink your friend's number to your account.  Request nicely to have your account credit with the missing amount.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Referral Missed renewal by a day, Lost my Referral credit


@popping wrote:

@Nebula

I would send a private message to moderator explaining the fact that it is not your fault that PM computer unlink your friend's number to your account.  Request nicely to have your account credit with the missing amount.


They did that in the past but I'm tired of having to message them about the same issue. It wasn't about the number being unlinked to me account .It was about the fact that they do not give the credit unless the computer does it during renewal even if the account is active. From the last couple of messages it seemed like they did not plan on making things right. 

Oracle

Re: Referral Missed renewal by a day, Lost my Referral credit


@slash407 wrote:

ya thats tough, i imagine they would just credit u. Because ur situation seems very honest, but it seems like the mods dont have the authority to manually overide anything, kinda sucks. Just my opinion i could b wrong


You are right in your statement saying you are wrong . The mods can make changes to accounts with credits to make sure people get what they are owed


* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Moderator

Re: Referral Missed renewal by a day, Lost my Referral credit

Hello everyone and thank you for all of your input. 

 

Actually, this customer did receive their credit when they notified us about the issue, however, that's about what we may do on our end. We also escalated the issue to our technicians so they may look into it. System-wise, the requirements are to be met (friends must pay on time their bill as the reward is directly linked to this fact) in order to ensure that there are no disruptions in the way the credits are applied automatically. 

 

Unfortunately, once disrupted, time needs to be allowed for the system to work again normally and apply the credit automatically; until then, if there are any discrepancies, the customer will need to notify us if on the renewal date, they did not receive the full credit as credits are applied on that day. 

 

Hopefully, this will help understand better the situation. 

 

Thank you!