cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral Missed renewal by a day, Lost my Referral credit

Nebula
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So in January 2018 my friend's credit card expired and she forgot to update the information.

She eventually did renew but by that time I lost my Refer a Friend reward. My plan renewed at the end of January, and again in April and then July. 

From July - Oct, I was finally able to get my reward back, only for it to disappear because of some technical issues (which was promptly fixed) I contacted the MODs and was told that her account was indeed active. After a week I get the following:

We have seen that subscriber has 2 referral accounts and has received RAF reward only for 1 referral. This is because the schedule of  1 referral account-xxxx has been failing every renewal (8 July & 6Oct) due to which subscriber's referring counter decremented by 1. This Refer-a-Friend reward counter of the subscriber will increment by 1 and will be set to 2 actual referral count upon next successful run of that referral-xxxx. This is as per business functionality of Refer-a-Friend reward counters. No issue observed from our end."

"Also, kindly note that the refer-a-friend reward is directly linked to your friend's payments and status. Their accounts should never go into the suspended state basically (not even for just a few hours or minutes) or else, you lose the reward and to get it back, they need to make at least 2 successfully 2 payments successively. If their payment date is after your renewal date, I am afraid that you will need to wait until the next one in order to get the reward back. "

So from what I gather from my communication with the MOD is that Publicmobile will NOT give me my reward even though my friend's account is currently ACTIVE. I am at a complete loss for words. I am really disappointed with Publicmobile and they way they are handling this. This company is trying to get out of paying out rewards even though the person I refered is still a customer. Now I wish I took the offer for Koodo... 

17 REPLIES 17

Marie-Sue
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It is not "just a phone" when you live in a remote community from where the closest pay phone is 5 hours drive away and you don't have neighbors. Some people have different needs, but you can go ahead and judge me all you want. 

I have a toddler to care for and need access to my phone, which I pay (when they take their payment) and have the right to have my service.

I really didn't think that it would take over 48 hours to have a reply. Now, I have learned my lesson. Never buy a service from a phone company that can not work at resolving issues in a timely manner. I will stick around with with carries that can actually provide some reasonable help. 

And using my new unlimited data phone's data to reply to you here. No computer can be hooked up on internet here as well.

Meh..

Marie-Sue

One would think they want to accomodate instead of asking more money for a service that I wouldn't use though 😕

@Marie-Sue wrote:

Thanks. I managed to unlock the phone, but now facing another issue. My new phone company just informed me that they can not transfer my phone number from public mobile to them.. It is my understanding that we have 90 days to transfer our phones , and this even if our phone is "suspended".. wonder if I will have to go through CCTS or CRTC on this one. 

@Marie-Sue

Like with any other Canadian cell phone carrier, your account needs to be active for a port to go through. 

The porting system is automated. If your Public Mobile account is in suspension your number is not accessible from another carrier and can't be ported.

Reactivate on the $10 plan and request the port again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marie-Sue, in order to transfer a number, the number MUST be ACTIVE with the previous provider.  If the account is in suspension, you cannot transfer it.  You can re-activate on the $10 plan, and then move it out.

Marie-Sue

Thanks. I managed to unlock the phone, but now facing another issue. My new phone company just informed me that they can not transfer my phone number from public mobile to them.. It is my understanding that we have 90 days to transfer our phones , and this even if our phone is "suspended".. wonder if I will have to go through CCTS or CRTC on this one. 

@Marie-Sue, as Public Mobile is a Telus owned company, you can take you phone to any. Telus or Koodo location and ask them to give you the unlock code.  If you have your new carrier SIM with you, that will make it even quicker.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marie-Sue wrote:

Hi moderator, I wrote you a message 4 hours ago, you posted this here 3 hours ago and did not reply to my urgent matter. So here I am, writing you here, asking yoiu something else beside my message. How come my phone is locked to you? I want my pohone unlocked asap, as I am changing carrier .. Actually, already signed in with another carrier, to find out that you have locked my previously unlocked phone. I really am not too happy with your service! 

So now you're trying to jump the queue. Wait your turn. Just because they've explained something here on this thread doesn't mean they're monitoring it.

It's just a phone. There are still pay phones. You can borrow someones phone. You can go into a store or something and borrow their phone. You can use a home phone. You can voice/video-phone someone on your computer. Fongo seems to be a go-to service around here. All kinds of options instead of setting your hair on fire.

Marie-Sue

Hi moderator, I wrote you a message 4 hours ago, you posted this here 3 hours ago and did not reply to my urgent matter. So here I am, writing you here, asking yoiu something else beside my message. How come my phone is locked to you? I want my pohone unlocked asap, as I am changing carrier .. Actually, already signed in with another carrier, to find out that you have locked my previously unlocked phone. I really am not too happy with your service! 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello everyone and thank you for all of your input. 

Actually, this customer did receive their credit when they notified us about the issue, however, that's about what we may do on our end. We also escalated the issue to our technicians so they may look into it. System-wise, the requirements are to be met (friends must pay on time their bill as the reward is directly linked to this fact) in order to ensure that there are no disruptions in the way the credits are applied automatically. 

Unfortunately, once disrupted, time needs to be allowed for the system to work again normally and apply the credit automatically; until then, if there are any discrepancies, the customer will need to notify us if on the renewal date, they did not receive the full credit as credits are applied on that day. 

Hopefully, this will help understand better the situation. 

Thank you! 

@slash407 wrote:

ya thats tough, i imagine they would just credit u. Because ur situation seems very honest, but it seems like the mods dont have the authority to manually overide anything, kinda sucks. Just my opinion i could b wrong

You are right in your statement saying you are wrong . The mods can make changes to accounts with credits to make sure people get what they are owed

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Nebula

@popping wrote:

@Nebula

I would send a private message to moderator explaining the fact that it is not your fault that PM computer unlink your friend's number to your account.  Request nicely to have your account credit with the missing amount.

They did that in the past but I'm tired of having to message them about the same issue. It wasn't about the number being unlinked to me account .It was about the fact that they do not give the credit unless the computer does it during renewal even if the account is active. From the last couple of messages it seemed like they did not plan on making things right. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Nebula

I would send a private message to moderator explaining the fact that it is not your fault that PM computer unlink your friend's number to your account.  Request nicely to have your account credit with the missing amount.

Nebula

@mimmo wrote:

This is the first I have heard of this policy.

@Alan_K are you able to clarify?  I do think recall seeing any rules similar to this the rewards rule page.

Thanks! I was trying to find a list of PM people to tag to see if they can shed some light on this and you did the job for me 🙂

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

This is the first I have heard of this policy.

@Alan_K are you able to clarify?  I do think recall seeing any rules similar to this the rewards rule page.

@Nebula wrote:

I have to wait 2 renewals, which happens every 90 days. That means $6. Yes it is not much, but its the priciple of the matter. It has happened since the end of January. And I feel it will keep happening.

"Correct me if I am wrong but if its not in the allocated time its not rightfully yours and its working as intended."

No where did it say that there is an allocated time when I signed up my friend. I knew that it had to be active for me to get the $3. That is all.

@NebulaIt sounds like you will still get the reward, you will just have to wait 30 days extra without a referral so in the end you miss $1? Which seems fair ... regardless of 1 day, 15 days or 29 days, Correct me if I am wrong but if its not in the allocated time its not rightfully yours and its working as intended. I don't think thats worth switching services.

reward and to get it back, they need to make at least 2 successfully 2 payments successively. If their payment date is after your renewal date, I am afraid that you will need to wait until the next one in order to get the reward back. "

Thats the unfortunate part about being on the 90 day plan. You get the benefit of a data bucket across 90 days but you can easily lose on the friend referral.

A renewal is considered your plan length, so if its a 90 plan, then its 1 renewal. I know this as I also have the 90 days plan, however if I lose the $1 or $2 on the 30 or 60 day renewal its still much worth it for me to still stay on the 90 day plan because my data is spread across 90 days. A HUGE advantage (for me)

But thats the way the system works. If its that much of a concern switch to a 30 day plan or explain to your friend to top off in advance to prevent their service from being disrupted.

Nebula

I have to wait 2 renewals, which happens every 90 days. That means $6. Yes it is not much, but its the priciple of the matter. It has happened since the end of January. And I feel it will keep happening.

"Correct me if I am wrong but if its not in the allocated time its not rightfully yours and its working as intended."

No where did it say that there is an allocated time when I signed up my friend. I knew that it had to be active for me to get the $3. That is all.

@NebulaIt sounds like you will still get the reward, you will just have to wait 30 days extra without a referral so in the end you miss $1? Which seems fair ... regardless of 1 day, 15 days or 29 days, Correct me if I am wrong but if its not in the allocated time its not rightfully yours and its working as intended. I don't think thats worth switching services.

reward and to get it back, they need to make at least 2 successfully 2 payments successively. If their payment date is after your renewal date, I am afraid that you will need to wait until the next one in order to get the reward back. "

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Nebula wrote:

So in January 2018 my friend's credit card expired and she forgot to update the information.

She eventually did renew but by that time I lost my Refer a Friend reward. My plan renewed at the end of January, and again in April and then July. 

From July - Oct, I was finally able to get my reward back, only for it to disappear because of some technical issues (which was promptly fixed) I contacted the MODs and was told that her account was indeed active. After a week I get the following:

We have seen that subscriber has 2 referral accounts and has received RAF reward only for 1 referral. This is because the schedule of  1 referral account-xxxx has been failing every renewal (8 July & 6Oct) due to which subscriber's referring counter decremented by 1. This Refer-a-Friend reward counter of the subscriber will increment by 1 and will be set to 2 actual referral count upon next successful run of that referral-xxxx. This is as per business functionality of Refer-a-Friend reward counters. No issue observed from our end."

"Also, kindly note that the refer-a-friend reward is directly linked to your friend's payments and status. Their accounts should never go into the suspended state basically (not even for just a few hours or minutes) or else, you lose the reward and to get it back, they need to make at least 2 successfully 2 payments successively. If their payment date is after your renewal date, I am afraid that you will need to wait until the next one in order to get the reward back. "

So from what I gather from my communication with the MOD is that Publicmobile will NOT give me my reward even though my friend's account is currently ACTIVE. I am at a complete loss for words. I am really disappointed with Publicmobile and they way they are handling this. This company is trying to get out of paying out rewards even though the person I refered is still a customer. Now I wish I took the offer for Koodo... 

Need Help? Let's chat.