cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral Code Used: Credit Not Showing

PandemicMonkey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone,

I just activated a new SIM with public mobile and am 100% confident that I correctly applied a referral code. However, I do not see the one-time credit showing up anywhere in my account. Additionally, my credit card was just charged the full amount (plan price + tax).

What am I missing? Does the one-time credit get applied in the 2nd month?

Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13

Theknight
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It should appear in your account after 72 hours. If not then contact one of the moderators , they will be happy to help 

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@PandemicMonkey 

If the friend that referred you logs into their self serve account they should see the $1 credit for referring you already in their account. It happens almost instantly. If it is there, the referal process is working properly and your $10 credit should arrive within 72 hours. It will then be there to help pay for your second month. 

If you just activated between Dec 20 and yesterday you should also be getting a credit equal to your first payment as there was a promo making your "Second Month Free". If so you will have credits left over to help with the plan renewal the following month. 

AE_Collector 

@Ashellyan wrote:

please send me accound number to my email.

That's random but moderators don't send e-mails to customers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ashellyan wrote:

Look in all your email inboxes to find the welcome email from here. The account # should be in the To (to you).

Or depending on why you're asking here...log in to your self-serve and it's in the upper right corner-ish area.

Ashellyan

@Ashellyan wrote:

Ashellyan

@PandemicMonkey  Just had to say awesome user name! Gave me my big laugh of the day!

Daps
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

With public mobile, you always pay full price for the chosen plan when you activate.

Any credits earned will kick in before for your first renewal.

In the case of the $10 referral credit, it can take up to 3 days. Usually it's added to your account the next day.

PandemicMonkey

Appreciate your clear and detailed response @totalUser. That makes sense - was expecting to see some sort of note indicating that the referral was successful even if it wouldn't be processed until later

PandemicMonkey

thanks for your help @cavemantoronto! Will see if my friend got it.

@totalUser wrote:

Hi @PandemicMonkey 

You will get credit for autopay so your next bill will be $4 less.

Your referral credit may take up to 72 hours

Welcome to pm:)

After that you will get $2 credit couple of minutes before renewal. It is actually in the small print, kinda catch 22 you have to be subscribed to get it, before making your first payment you are not subscribed so it comes to your account on the form of credit the first time. If you don't get it tomorrow or if you don't get your referral credit in 3 days (so if you're account balance is not $12) contactmoderators.

Keep your friend's referral code you will need to give it to moderators if referral credit doesn't come.

Cheers

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@PandemicMonkey wrote:

Hello everyone,

I just activated a new SIM with public mobile and am 100% confident that I correctly applied a referral code. However, I do not see the one-time credit showing up anywhere in my account. Additionally, my credit card was just charged the full amount (plan price + tax).

What am I missing? Does the one-time credit get applied in the 2nd month?

Thanks!

How long ago did you activate. Ask your friend if they received reward for referring you.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @PandemicMonkey 

You will get credit for autopay so your next bill will be $4 less.

Your referral credit may take up to 72 hours

Welcome to pm:)

Need Help? Let's chat.