cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referal promo - Might be account specific

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Not sure if this will be sent to everyone or only account specific.

Received  text from 5198 which is disappointing as I just did a referral on the weekend.

For limited time refer someone and get $20 credit plus usual reward $10 credit for them $1 for you.They need to activate by September 23rd.

Only valid for - listed my cell number.

Maybe it will be sent to all of you or some of you. 

Not displaying in account so keep an eye on your texts maybe you'll get sent one to.

29 REPLIES 29

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Naik This will be put into your balance automatically - just need to wait.  Don't look in rewards. The rewards will only show the $1.

@Catherine_T 

Thank you for the clarification. I missed your follow up but thanks to @dabr  I've been brought up to speed.

@Naik 

The $20 bonus credit will be applied after the promotion ends on Sept 24th.

Naik
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got the text re $20 referral bonus. I opened new account for my son and used the referral code. It has been 5 days and no bonus in my account, whereas $10 shows in my sons account. What went wrong?

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

That's what I assumed from the last offer like this in may but the conditions of that offer were as follows:

To qualify for referral bonus, referer must be a customer as of May 14 and have not referred anyone to Public before. Referer's unique referral code must be used during referree's activation before May 31 2020 at 11:59PM ET. One $20 bonus for first referral per account. Offer is stackable with other promotions.The one-time $20 bonus will be automatically applied as a credit to eligible accounts by June 5 2020. This offer is subject to change without notice.

The conditions of this offer only bring you to the regular article on referrals in the help pages which leads me to believe it would be valid for more than one.

@Catherine_T 

Could you please clarify if this bonus $20 Referral credit is one time only or good for multiple referrals? Without prior knowledge of the similar may promotional offer and the link to the help articles one would assume it's good for multiple referrals.

The $20 referral bonus is one-time only. It's on top of the existing Refer-A-Friend reward of $1 per 30 days for each friend, as long as both remain active customers. The referee will get the one-time $10 reward per usual.

Hope this helps!

Catherine

@darlicious 

Catherine_T would be the one to ask for a final answer on this.

@computergeek541 

That's what I assumed from the last offer like this in may but the conditions of that offer were as follows:

To qualify for referral bonus, referer must be a customer as of May 14 and have not referred anyone to Public before. Referer's unique referral code must be used during referree's activation before May 31 2020 at 11:59PM ET. One $20 bonus for first referral per account. Offer is stackable with other promotions.The one-time $20 bonus will be automatically applied as a credit to eligible accounts by June 5 2020. This offer is subject to change without notice.

The conditions of this offer only bring you to the regular article on referrals in the help pages which leads me to believe it would be valid for more than one.

@Catherine_T 

Could you please clarify if this bonus $20 Referral credit is one time only or good for multiple referrals? Without prior knowledge of the similar may promotional offer and the link to the help articles one would assume it's good for multiple referrals.

@darlicious My understanding is one $20 credit per customer who is contacted by Public and refers someone else.

kimmytran

Thank you for your help.

@kimmytran 

You have until Sept 23rd to refer a friend and the $20 bonus credit will be applied to your account by Sept 24th. As per usual once you have successfully referred a friend you will get a text from pm once the activation goes thru ( after 9pm the text will arrive at noon et the next day) and your friend will recieve the $10 bonus credit within 72 hours.

@computergeek541 

Is this $20 bonus Referral credit limited to one? The text is not specific in this regard.

@kimmytran wrote:

I received this text message for a $20 credit when I refer a friend. I didn't see this promo in my online account near the "refer-a-friend" section. Will I be guaranteed this credit? How will I get this promo? Will it be applied to my next billing?

If you're eligible (which you are since you received the text message about it), you'lll receive the $20 credit automatically. Public Mobile likely didn't change the information in that box where it shows your referral code because this offer isn't available to everyone.

kimmytran

I received this text message for a $20 credit when I refer a friend. I didn't see this promo in my online account near the "refer-a-friend" section. Will I be guaranteed this credit? How will I get this promo? Will it be applied to my next billing?

dac13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@brettster99 wrote:

@dac13 

You could do what @darlicious @has suggested.

Another thing you could do is put your code on websites that allow it. Like Facebook or Reddit or Kijii. Also you could put your code in a website like this xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

edited by computergeek541:  website removed

@darlicious @brettster99  Thanks for the suggestions...

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dac13 

You could do what @darlicious @has suggested.

Another thing you could do is put your code on websites that allow it. Like Facebook or Reddit or Kijii. Also you could put your code in a website like this xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

edited by computergeek541:  website removed

@dac13 

C'mon you have three weeks to convince someone to switch. Get yourself a couple of $2.99 SIM cards and lurk outside a fido store.....

dac13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am unlucky since I just got this text message today but already referred someone on the weekend so missed out on this.  Sigh. 😞

Bethn

I got this.. Try as I might all of my friends are locked into contracts although in a year I have 2 people planning on switching over!

Pound
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Haven’t received it. A friend did. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

My main account just got this.

gwhitema
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Darn. I just reffered someone an hour ago.... i havent got the promo yet. Hopefully it glitches out and I somehow get the refferal promo. I gotts wait untill it gets applied....

@Jb456 

The bf just got this text but he has no referrals. I guess I better get hard at work and dig up a referral for him.

MikeNetOne

Well it is until the 23rd.  Maybe there will be another flash sale before then.  Who knows (well, aside from PM).

brettster99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541 @Jb456 

Well I’m unlucky then. I have only referred 2 people to PM in all my time with PM and didn’t receive this offer. All well maybe next time 

@Jb456 wrote:

@computergeek541  I know you said that. I referred more.

The free add-ons were certainly quite a mess.  If you got the text message about referring someone, hold Public Mobile to the offer. Unfortunately, from my understanding,  this is lmited to one $20 credit.  

@computergeek541  I know you said that. I referred more. Was just saying I did two in last 9 days you'd think I would excluded regardless of how many referrals I have (which is not many).

Would have been nice though if they did it with the flash deal this weekend. This just makes it frustrating like a slap in the face 😂

Oh well win some you loose some.

@Jb456 wrote:

@computergeek541  I have two in the last 9 days.

Screenshot_20200902_151742.jpg

So I guess chalk it up as another Public Mobile error like the their hiccup with the 1gig/1000 min , 5gig error 🤣🙄

Well.. .I did say "or referred a very low number" of new customers. I'm not sure how many people you've referred in total.

@computergeek541  I have two in the last 9 days.

Screenshot_20200902_151742.jpg

So I guess chalk it up as another Public Mobile error like the their hiccup with the 1gig/1000 min , 5gig error 🤣🙄

@Jb456 

This is targeted offer, aimed at some customers who have not referred anyone (or referred a very low number) of people to Public Mobile. Not everyone is eligible for this offer. The only way to know for sure of eligibility is if someone gets the text message from Public Mobile about this offer.

@esjliv  no problem.

Would be nice if Public Mobile makes these promos conincide with Flash sales 🙄😤

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Jb456 ,

Oooh, thanks for sharing. Will be on the lookout! 🙂

If anyone finds out if this is only certain areas or other conditions, please share.

Need Help? Let's chat.