cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer myself reward ?

Sergio88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I get a second phone can I refer myself ?

Two numbers, two accounts.

16 REPLIES 16

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Sergio88

That shouldn't be a problem. We have the same arrangement going on here. However, only the one account which refers the other continues to get the referral reward each month afterwards.

@ohitora wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@ohitora wrote:

LOL this  @will13am just can't help himself and it's a bit had not to smile - he has to post just for the sake of posting LOL. cut and pasting his latest just to post comment below LOL

@will13am  hit the hammer on the nail "self promoting"

@ohitoraYou seem like the kind of person that a police officer pulls over for a headlight burned out just to give you a warning to get it fixed, you end up being so rude and troll the cop and wonder why you end up getting 16 tickets.  

This is a community support forum and is one of the most helpful people I have ever seen on the internet.

Your character example is unfair - I simply have a problem with people who are ignorant, abusive and vindictive. This person keeps on posting and posting and seems to be using this forum for social past time and does waste time by studuying others posts and bravos  and more. It seems that I can not get aay from his silly posts.  I fully expect his vendictive character will most likely start proceeding to ban me from PM that he has already threatened to do. 

I am just getting up to speed on your situation. Like that person you are talking about, you also keep posting and posting. 

I suggest to drop the post, use the forum the way it was intended and take in to considerstion that the way you have been using the Bravo and Solved Solution looks very conspicuous to most all here. 

No one wants to call your character or integrity in to question but in an open discussion you must always condsider other individuals point of view. 

Lets let this go and all play fair!

ohitora
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@RobertQc wrote:

@ohitora wrote:

LOL this  @will13am just can't help himself and it's a bit had not to smile - he has to post just for the sake of posting LOL. cut and pasting his latest just to post comment below LOL

@ohitoraYou seem like the kind of person that a police officer pulls over for a headlight burned out just to give you a warning to get it fixed, you end up being so rude and troll the cop and wonder why you end up getting 16 tickets.  

This is a community support forum and is one of the most helpful people I have ever seen on the internet.

Your character example is unfair - I simply have a problem with people who are ignorant, abusive and vindictive. This person keeps on posting and posting and seems to be using this forum for social past time and does waste time by studuying others posts and bravos  and more. It seems that I can not get aay from his silly posts.  I fully expect his vendictive character will most likely start proceeding to ban me from PM that he has already threatened to do. 

@ohitora wrote:

This is a community support forum and @will13am is one of the most helpful people I have ever seen on the internet.

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@ohitora wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

@Sergio88 wrote:

Ok thanks,

Actually, the first is for me and the second one is for my wife but I pay for both.

No issue there, but as @cappaj pointed out it, you need to use a different email address. Which you have to anyways as it is your login.

However beware - it seems that even though they would be seperate  paid accounts you would get in trouble if you BRAVO each other -- I'm speaking from experience.

@ohitoraI don't think this is really fair to say. As they really were not seperate based on how they were used. I think there was a difference with your 4 accounts, between the 4 accounts you gave each other 100's of bavo's back and forth for so many posts that were made like clock work. Not to mention most of the posts were not bravo worthy (in my opinion) and you were even marking solutions to your other accounts that made no sense. Plus you actually skipped giving bravo's to the members between your posts that actually posted good information. It was pretty obvious even to a newbie like myself.

If I sign up my brother or husband to an account, and becomes a helpful community member I would see no problem with giving him an equal amount of bravo's where credit is due as other helpful members where it is deserved. I think it becomes a difficult subject to give everyone else bravo's and not your friend or family member just because you know each other. But when you specifically give 100's and only to your own accounts, it shines like a spotlight during a power outage.

@will13am wrote:
@Sergio88 wrote:

Different email, ok good to know, thanks.

If I answer my own question in the community do I get reward ? Smiley LOL

Many have attempted the self promotion thing.  Results end in tragedy.  There are better ways to earn a buck. 

@Dunkgirl, this member is just trolling.  Too bad there is no ignore option in this forum.  BTW, I am a lot more handy with a wrench.  I usually hit my thumb rather than the nail. 

ohitora

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@ohitora wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

@Sergio88 wrote:

Ok thanks,

Actually, the first is for me and the second one is for my wife but I pay for both.

No issue there, but as @cappaj pointed out it, you need to use a different email address. Which you have to anyways as it is your login.

However beware - it seems that even though they would be seperate  paid accounts you would get in trouble if you BRAVO each other -- I'm speaking from experience.

@ohitoraI don't think this is really fair to say. As they really were not seperate based on how they were used. I think there was a difference with your 4 accounts, between the 4 accounts you gave each other 100's of bavo's back and forth for so many posts that were made like clock work. Not to mention most of the posts were not bravo worthy (in my opinion) and you were even marking solutions to your other accounts that made no sense. Plus you actually skipped giving bravo's to the members between your posts that actually posted good information. It was pretty obvious even to a newbie like myself.

If I sign up my brother or husband to an account, and becomes a helpful community member I would see no problem with giving him an equal amount of bravo's where credit is due as other helpful members where it is deserved. I think it becomes a difficult subject to give everyone else bravo's and not your friend or family member just because you know each other. But when you specifically give 100's and only to your own accounts, it shines like a spotlight during a power outage.

@will13am wrote:
@Sergio88 wrote:

Many have attempted the self promotion thing.  Results end in tragedy.  There are better ways to earn a buck. 

Yes we fully agree but meant no harm - however in our defense we were not aware that giving BRAVOs to each others paid and active accounts was illegal. In our opinions each others posts deserved the BRAVO.  Furthermore an Oracle was way too naive as to our innocent past time and kept on feeding us posts that we would respond to. Getting back to my "beware" even though an Oracle may not think it worthy -- in my opinion it is a very legitimate warning because where is it written as to how many BRAVOs are acceptable?

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ohitora wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

@Sergio88 wrote:

Ok thanks,

@will13am wrote:
@Sergio88 wrote:

ohitora

@krazykiwi wrote:

@Sergio88 wrote:

Ok thanks,

@Sergio88 wrote:

Sergio88

Sure, I can wait a week or two for the next promo. I also have to order sim card.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sergio88 wrote:

That would be un-written-rule frowned upon 🙂

Sergio88

cappaj

@Sergio88 wrote:

Ok thanks,

Depending on how much of a rush you're in - it's been a while since PM ran the $25 refer-a-friend promo, I wouldn't be surprised if they roll it out again in the next week or two. That's purely a guess on my part! But if you're self-referring, it could mean $50 in referral rewards between your two accounts, vs. just the regular $10 that'd go into your wife's account.

@Sergio88 wrote:

Ok thanks,

Sergio88

Ok thanks,

cappaj

@Sergio88 wrote:

If I get a second phone can I refer myself ?

Two numbers, two accounts.

Yep! Except it has to be two numbers, two accounts (each account needs its own email address I think).

Need Help? Let's chat.