cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer myself for 2nd and 3rd line

wilsoncheng
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I have my 1st line.

Now I want to add 2nd line for my daughter, and 3rd line for my son.

Can I refer myself as those 2 extra line will be under my name?

Or it MUST be under different name?

8 REPLIES 8

@Alk wrote:

My 1st line is already with Public Mobile, I have 2nd line with Fido which is also under my name (Same name as on 1st line), I want to port my Fido line to Public Mobile now. Will I get refer a friend reward amount on my 1st line if I do port Fido line to Public Mobile? If yes, so only thing I need to do is to keep a different email address for 2nd line (Fido) when signing up/ porting to Public Mobile, It doesn't matter If name and address is same for both lines, correct me if am wrong? 

Each new line needs to be setup with different e-mail addresses.  Referals are based on the phone number that you tell Public Mobile that refered you.  The name on the account makes no difference.

Alk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My 1st line is already with Public Mobile, I have 2nd line with Fido which is also under my name (Same name as on 1st line), I want to port my Fido line to Public Mobile now. Will I get refer a friend reward amount on my 1st line if I do port Fido line to Public Mobile? If yes, so only thing I need to do is to keep a different email address for 2nd line (Fido) when signing up/ porting to Public Mobile, It doesn't matter If name and address is same for both lines, correct me if am wrong? 

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Refer as much as you like, just have to use different emails

collin1215
@imm1304

Haha you have the better answer here. I didn't know about the + thing with Gmail. Going to try that when I have the chance

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Congrats on the first line, @wilsoncheng!  Welcome aboard.

The way PM is set up, it requires a separate email address for each line.  One phone line per account.  

To avoid using multiple email addresses, in gmail, anything after a "+" added to your gmail address still delivers the emails to the same inbox.  So, you can do yourEmail+son@gmail.com, yourEmail+daughter@gmail.com.. all of these will arrive to your gmail inbox.  

Its perfectly fine to use your number for referral reward on the 2nd and 3rd line.  And if you are  active in this forum, you will start getting community reward as well.  

collin1215
Yes, you need to create new accounts

wilsoncheng
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Oh, so for the refer to work, I must use different email for each line.

Correct?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
no problem. just put your phone number in the my friend refereed me. dont forget you will need a seperate email. if using gmail you can use the + trick ie email+1234@gmail.com
Need Help? Let's chat.