cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer friends question

japtic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

"you will earn $1 every 30 days for each friend you refer to Public Mobile who enters your phone number in the Referral box during activation. Plus, your friend will receive a one-time credit of $10."

I know this is what the web said. Today, called Walmart and asked them about activating 2 more SIM for my parents (Walmart here does not sell SIM anymore but activation in store only) and the guy told me that refered to friends only applies starting 2nd friend. 1st one only gives $10 and no monthly $1 reward.  My thoughts are this guy is wrong but just want to make sure.

Thank you for reading

7 REPLIES 7

@japticor a Public Mobile kiosks.. especially if they are offering incentives like more storage etc. I am tempted to sneak out early for lunch to check one out.

japtic

ya I am not going to activate them from Walmart,  going to do it myself. I already did mine myself. dont want to stand and do nothing and wait till they are done xD

@Bell3As with all things, ceveat emptor or buyer beware. Since Public Mobile encourages DIY, it is in the end up to the end user to discern whether the information is correct. I find the quality of retail staff varies... depending on the chain, the staff and workload. As long as you know what you want, I think Walmart is fine. I find their staff more lenient on things like giving away SIM cards because oversight is much more lax vs other stores like Wow! whether QA is more stringent. I think Walmart staff rather get the users through the activation process, rather than insisting on you have to pay $10 for a sim card.. at least that's what I've noticed, especially if there are 8 other people in the queue and only 1 staff. I don't think it is the staff's fault if the user screwed up thins like entering particulars like email / password wrong during sign up (How are they supposed to know?). In fact, I find Walmart staff have more patience than most, as a lot of people that go there might not have the technical aptitude to know what's going on.

However now with the kiosks they are giving away SIM cards and special deals?

The community discussion could still get things wrong, especially when it comes to things like the internals of Public Mobile (account suspension etc).. & device specific quirks especially if the person who reply doesn't have first hand experience. In the end, I find the Community could be useful if the poster posts as much pertinent information ie screenshots as possible. Communication is a 2 way street, as regular users we can only respond by what we can see (we don't have acess to your accounts and your phones) and by past experiences.

Bell3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I alway trust PM website and our community discussions. I also had bad experience with Walmart with PM activation. My suggestion is to you is to activate yourself using PM website. Hope you will buy a SIM card.

japtic

thank you for all the replies!

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@japtic He's wrong, it applies to every person who uses you as a reference from the time you open your account.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Walmart wireless rep is misinformed.

"It’s simple: you will earn $1 every 30 days for each friend you refer to Public Mobile who enters your phone number in the Referral box during activation. Plus, your friend will receive a one-time credit of $10. You’ll continue to earn Rewards on plan renewal dates as long as your friends remain active customers."

Read more here

Need Help? Let's chat.