Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a friend

Vandivashti9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I refer a friend?

4 REPLIES 4

@Vandivashti9 

As @popping mentioned giving out your referral code is the easy part. Getting them to switch and stay is the hard part but it doesn't have to be.....if your friend or family member is motivated to save money, computer savvy and a DIY kind of guy or gal then they will take to public mobile like a fish to water. If not then it will take some guidance and coaching by you for them to decide to take on the type of service model pm offers.

Don't despair! When I switched a year ago I was a technologically challenged flip phone user. I now help manage 10 of the accounts I referred and weirdly enough have become my friends go to cell phone troubleshooter person. I took on the challenge of the crash course public mobile community college degree in all things related to public mobile and your cell phone. The community was up to the challenge that is me as well. Stick around, ask questions, search topics, read threads and posts, reply, bravo, award a solution. You will learn a lot, be able to effectively manage your account, be able to refer just about anyone and you will probably earn a community reward too...it might only be a buck or two but it all goes towards lowering your bill.

BTW....I have two accounts the first cost $0 after 60 days and the second $0 after one year. Set your goal and the community will help you achieve it. Welcome to public mobile.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Vandivashti9 

Getting someone to use your refer-a-friend is the easy part.  You need to prepare your friend to stay with PM forever.  You don't want them to stay for couple of months and left because they are confused and cannot get their service restored.

Before your friends activation, you need to tell them that PM does not have call center.  All support is done online.  After activation, your support when they have problem with their service. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Vandivashti9 hi you go into your self serve account and use the unique referral code on your main page 

@Vandivashti9 wrote:

How do I refer a friend?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vandivashti9 wrote:

How do I refer a friend?

Log in to your self-serve. Upper right area there's a box talking about referring a friend. In there is your code. Give your friend your code and they enter that in when they activate a SIM. There is also a way to send your friend a link that is the activation screen with your code pre-filled.

Be sure about Oh's and zero's etc.

Need Help? Let's chat.