cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a friend reward just disappeared completely

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

My thread I opened last night somehow disappeared in nirvana. Here I try again.

My turn to open a thread with a glitch notice.

I have a 90 day plan up for renewal on January 13. In my account I had $3 referral reward.
Last renewal was October 16.

Yesterday, December 14 I got a text message that the rewards will be less on the next renewal because of inactivity of that referral.

Now the referral reward is $0 as it disappeared completely from my account.
I don’t really agree that the whole amount of $3 needs to be eliminated. I had that referral in part of October, November and part of December. So it would be fair to keep at least $2.
Had I had a 30 day plan, I would have gotten the $2.

October 16 – November 15 = $1
November 15 – December 14 = $1
December 14 – January 13 = $0

Was anyone else with a 90 day plan ever in the same situation?

I know what I have to do next (please no copy and paste instructions how to contact the mods).

8 REPLIES 8

@NDesai wrote:

@ute1978 wrote:

@Effort wrote:

Unfortunately that's how the cookie crumbles at the moment.

Well, it is what it is. For me it is just $3 but for someone with 10 referrals....

Unlikely, all 10 together would leave at the same time Smiley Indifferent

@NDesai@ute1978I lost 7 referrals during this last 90 day renewal...

@ute1978 wrote:

@Effort wrote:

Well, it is what it is. For me it is just $3 but for someone with 10 referrals....

Unlikely, all 10 together would leave at the same time Smiley Indifferent

ute1978

@Effort wrote:

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Unfortunately that's how the cookie crumbles at the moment. It's set to give rewards only when you renew, not when they renew.

In an ideal world, the latter would be more preferred because the former is out your power if they leave before your renewal date. There are pros and cons for both such as the person not renewing after one month and I don't get the referral bonus and etc.

@RobertQc I like how you think Smiley Happy

As you said, @ute1978 probably received extra $ when the referral was added. Even just 1 day before the renewal, the system gives full rewards. So the system does not calculate how long your referral stayed active for. As long as the referral is active on PM and your renewal occurs while your referral is active, you will get the rewards. 

@ute1978 wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

Rewards are not pro-rated.

For me 'pro-rated' means that an amount is credited for the exact days....I don't expect that. I thought it would just be fair to get the full 2 months he/she was with PM and paid for the service.

So it is a disadvantage of being on a 90 day plan. The risk of losing referral credits retroactively. It looks like I need to switch to a 30 day plan to get the reward credited for the months I have a referral.

@ute1978So you didn't read my entire post. It is not always a disadvantage. It may be an advantage. When the user first signed up you got extra money that was not rightfully yours just like they took away money when they left before your renewal. You may have got an extra $3 when they first signed up when you may have been entitled closer to $2 in the end.

Imagine, they sign up 1 day before your renewal, you now get $3 credit for them only being signed up for 1 day.

On a both a 30/90 day plan, you win when they first sign up by getting the renewal period rounding up. You lose on a 30/90 day plan when they round down.

All users on all plans experience both a rounding down and rounding up unless they got the sign up on the exact day of their renewal date.

30 days = +/-1

90 days = +/-3

ute1978

@RobertQc wrote:

Rewards are not pro-rated.

For me 'pro-rated' means that an amount is credited for the exact days....I don't expect that. I thought it would just be fair to get the full 2 months he/she was with PM and paid for the service.

So it is a disadvantage of being on a 90 day plan. The risk of losing referral credits retroactively. It looks like I need to switch to a 30 day plan to get the reward credited for the months I have a referral.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@ute1978 wrote:

My thread I opened last night somehow disappeared in nirvana. Here I try again.

My turn to open a thread with a glitch notice.

I have a 90 day plan up for renewal on January 13. In my account I had $3 referral reward.
Last renewal was October 16.

Yesterday, December 14 I got a text message that the rewards will be less on the next renewal because of inactivity of that referral.

Now the referral reward is $0 as it disappeared completely from my account.
I don’t really agree that the whole amount of $3 needs to be eliminated. I had that referral in part of October, November and part of December. So it would be fair to keep at least $2.
Had I had a 30 day plan, I would have gotten the $2.

October 16 – November 15 = $1
November 15 – December 14 = $1
December 14 – January 13 = $0

Was anyone else with a 90 day plan ever in the same situation?

I know what I have to do next (please no copy and paste instructions how to contact the mods).

@ute1978That happens to me all the time on the 90 day plan. My renewal was Dec14th and I lost a referral Dec13th and I lost the entire $3 but my referral was here for 89 days on this 90 day period lol...

However- it is fair, because it works both ways. I got a new referral December 11th, 3 days before my renewal yet I got an entire $3 for only have a referral for 3 days. Not trying to be rude, but you probably didn't mention the extra referral reward they would have given you from the date of your renewal to when they actually signed up. 

So its the luck of the draw based on what date they signed up and when you referral reward is and not favored in any particular way. Rewards are not pro-rated.

Need Help? Let's chat.