cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a friend question.

TheStarkest
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi! My friend received the $10 balance and I didnt, I only got the $1 discount. Am I supposed to get the $10 too? 

7 REPLIES 7

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@TheStarkest if the referral doesn't meet the eligibility requirements, then no you won't get any additional credits.  So if activated outside of the prom time period, and not activating a plan that meets the requirement then only your friend will get a $10 credit.  You'll only get the $1 on going referral credit.

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Only the person you referred will get the $10 discount, you will receive 1$ every month as long as the customer is with PM.

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@TheStarkestI think you are referring to below. Look at start date and plan required. 

Hey Community,

From September 23th until September 30th, 2019, you and your friend can each get an extra $10 credit (on top of the regular Referral perks) when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online. Plus, for each referral, you will receive an entry into a lucky draw for a chance to win 1 of 3 pairs of Cineplex General Admission Tickets, so we can take you and a friend to catch a flick that you love.

You

Your friend

• $1 off your payment every 30 days for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile  
  • *New* Extra $10 one-time credit
  • $10 one-time credit
  • *New* Extra $10 one-time credit

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a $25/mo plan or higher during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion. Learn more about Referral Codes HERE
  3. The extra one-time $10 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Purchase a Public Mobile SIM card. (Find a store)
  2. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on a $25/mo plan or higher at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  3. Enter your active Public Mobile referral code on the referral page during the activation process. The one-time $10 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

@TheStarkest wrote:

He actually activated it on Aug 29 using my code, and he just told me that he noticed he got a $10 balance (assuming he just checked his account just right now). But for me, I didnt get the $10 reward

You're not supposed to. That $10 is normally only for the new referred customer.

@TheStarkestYou won't get the $10 reward.. only $1 per month as long as your friend is still have an active account.

TheStarkest
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

He actually activated it on Aug 29 using my code, and he just told me that he noticed he got a $10 balance (assuming he just checked his account just right now). But for me, I didnt get the $10 reward

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@TheStarkestIt depends when your friend activated the account, for you to get the $10 your friend had to had activated between after September 23. (yesterday).

Public Mobile deals are time sensitive.. have to be strike just at the right time.

Need Help? Let's chat.