cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a Friend

Eliza5
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello,

How do we know who has been referred as a friend on our accounts?

Eliza5

17 REPLIES 17

@Eliza5 wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know how the refer a friend reward works?  Is it a dollar every 30 days? Like the 1st 30 days it is $1 the 2nd 30 days it is $2 up to when?

Eliza5

I have merged these threads. It would help with the orgnization of this website if similar quetsions can be asked in the same thread. It'll actually be easier to find the answers that you're looking for.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

$1 refer-a-friend reward per 30days as long as your referee stay with PM.

There are 2 parts in refer-a-friend process:

1.  Get the referral

My approach is to prepare my friends what to expect with PM.  How PM system works.  How to not be afraid of seeing expired account status on early morning of a renewal date. I ask them to prepare for and accept that they may without mobile phone service up to 2 days or more if there are issue with their accounts.

2.  Then keeping it.

I provide my support after activation. I don't want my referees to feel that they are in this alone and switch to another provider.  My referees can ask me anything related to PM.  That is the reason why I am on this forum to learn the better way to solve a problem.  Find out what are the current PM glitches.

chenyonghuazi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For each friend you refered, you will get $1 off for each monthly payment. And you will get a one-time $10 discount on your next bill if you active a new line using a reference code from your friends.

@Eliza5 , refer a friend is the gift that keeps on giving, $1 per 30 days per referral as long as they stay a customer.  Make lots of friends and spread the word about this service.  

@Eliza5 You have $1 reward for each friend for your 30 day cycle. If you referred 1 friend, this is $1 off each month until the friend is active user. If 2 friends, it is $2 off and so on.

@Eliza5, for the refer a friend, it's $1 per month until they leave Public Mobile.

For the loyalty, it's $1 per year, then $2 for the second year, up to $5 for the 5th year.

@Eliza5 hi if you are doing the referring you will get 1 dollar every 30 days for each friend referred they will get 10 dollars one time

@Eliza5 for every friend you refer, you get$1 per 30 day cycle. Ie 1 friend $1, 5 friends $5.etc. See link on the refer a friend reward https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

Stay safe.

Eliza5

Hi,

Does anyone know how the refer a friend reward works?  Is it a dollar every 30 days? Like the 1st 30 days it is $1 the 2nd 30 days it is $2 up to when?

Eliza5

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mpcdesign  Yeah like if they ask a few questions about activating on the forum and you help them out. Then i would Private message them asking them if they need a ref-feral code. But 2 times out of 10 they don't need one or somebody else gave them theirs first.

@BearFBI, I wouldn't do this unless you have developed a good conversation with them. I know some members have done this and some other members when I first came on, asked if I needed a referral code. I can't be bothered with that, because I already get enough emails on my other email accounts. 

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mpcdesign I wouldn't even try to private message them endless they ask you. They would see your message as spam and report you. Its really hard to get people to use your ref-feral code endless their family. 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

And if you prefer, you could private message that user if they need a referral code. But, then there is nothing in it for them. 

When they had the $5 Sim card deal, you could have bought a few, and used that to enticed them to use your referral code. It's a great way to build up your referral rewards I guess. 

I tried swinging people to Public Mobile, but I kinda suck at sales I guess, because they all love the big three or already with Public Mobile!

@Eliza5, yeah don't post your referral code, that's definitely a no-no here in the community. Maybe it was okay once in the past, but no more it seems. 

The Oracles would get quite upset. They throw things at you. Remove photos, black-list you and.....

Try not to do this, it's considered bad community etiquette. 

dude65

Like the others have said....in your selfserve account and text, it will show the last 4numbers. From that its up to you to figure out who used it, but really it does not matter. For me, I really dont care who uses my referal code....just use it so i get a monthly reward as long as they are a PM customer. You can post your referral code almost anywhere....just not on the  PM community (here).

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

You would get a text message your referral code was used and you can check in self service too. Their last 4 digits of their phone number would show up under rewards.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Eliza5 from within your self service account, go to plans and add ons, Rewards and click on the arrow next to total rewards earned. You see the last 4 digits of the phone number of the referred friend.

20200410_090630.jpg

Stay safe 

Need Help? Let's chat.