cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer-a-Friend Rewards Not Applied

Philtastic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have 5 friends that I have referred but only 1 of them is counting toward my rewards. All 5 numbers are now showing up associated with my account (they weren't about a month ago even though all 5 had signed up months prior). I've read about others having problems with referral rewards. Can a mod help me with this?

10 REPLIES 10

kenobi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Had the same issue, and I think after a month it got resolved and I now have all my referrals back in the system. Hope it'll get updated to reflect the changes immediately soon.

sbreakin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank you Mary_M for the fast reply to my PM & putting in a fix request for my refer-a-friend rewards that got lost when my port was fixed a few weeks ago.

Background: A few weeks ago my complicated port issues was fixed (2 number changes needed) & all done in a few hours with little interuption of service (by Caroline- thx).  The only thing i noticed was the fix needed a new account & refer-a-friend rewards got lost in the move.  I waited while urgent issues were resolved & have noticed that repsonse times & MOD replies have been getting so much faster.  So after reading this thread, I thought I'd do a PM for the refer-a freind rewards (noted that it is 2 months until renewal) & amazingly enough I got a repsonse within hours (by Mary_M) & reference for the fix.  Wow excellent !!

It great to see so many fixes & solutions so quickly.

Thanks to all the MODs for hard wortk during the last 2 months, enjoy any holidays you get and I'm sure you all will be glad to get back to fast turn arounds & fixes which means few customer that had to wait and more normal conditions.

MoSmith05

Hi Mary, 

Thanks for your response. 

Just to understand this clearly, if I referred two friends, would my next billing cycle reflect 3*2=$6 for previous billing cycle (i.e. retroactive reward for current billing where I already paid in advance since this was my first billing cycle) plus 3*2=$6 for new billing cycle for a net total of $12; then moving forward it will be $6 per billing cycle? Or are referal rewards only paid for billing cycles moving forward so I should only expect a $6 reward in my next billing cycle? 

Thanks,

Mo

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @MoSmoth05,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

If you referred 2 friends, it takes effect as of your next bill cycle. Basically 2x3$=6$ should be applied as a credit on your next renewal. If you notice that your rewards don't properly reflect on your account, please private message me your phone number, as well as the 2 friend's you referred 🙂

I hope this helps,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

If you are missing referral rewards, please send a private message to any moderator; include your phone number as well as the numbers you referred.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

MoSmith05

I have the same issue. 

I referred two new friends. So theoritically, I should get 2x3=$6 for the next cycle, and $6 applied retroactively for the current billing cycle when the friends signed up. So I should see $12 for my refer a friend rewards for next month, but oddly, I only see $9. 

Tino_M
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have also invited four of my friends to join. But only two were counted. 

Philtastic

That's a good point but also why this is strange: I just had my next billing period as of Dec. 17. It took a few days after the 17th but my list of referrals is now updated but not the reward amount.

@ShawnC13 wrote:

It is a known glitch and I am sure it is being worked on.  I have more rewards then referrals and so do some others so there seems to be some glitches with the system.  I am sure they will get it all worked out very soon.

Actually, when does the refer a friend clock start?  Is it the moment they sign up or the following billing period?  Based on the as long as both are still customers rule, it would seem they need to lag billing by one period, in other words this billing period receives referral credits for the last billing period.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

It is a known glitch and I am sure it is being worked on.  I have more rewards then referrals and so do some others so there seems to be some glitches with the system.  I am sure they will get it all worked out very soon.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.