Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Refer-a-Friend Reward

@marihui it never tells you. Not once.

You only get a message when a friend leaves

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have received the following text message four times after referring people:

"Public Mobile here. Congratulations! You have successfully referred a friend. If on a Rewards-eligible plan, see the Rewards tab in your Self Serve account."
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@kav2001c,

You do receive a text when someone signs up. I have received one for every single person that I have referred. If they did not receive a text, chances are the person either didn't put in their phone number for the referral or they put in a wrong number.

The other person can check their account to see what phone numbers have used yours for a referral.

Mayor / Maire

@ellisd I have 8 active referals never gotten a txt once

(I also had some prior refers who since left Public, at least 3 by my count, as I said once leaving they notify right away)

The numbers are also not shown in account section (I posted this to mods many times)

My refer credits are there but no record where they come from (actually, my sister-in-laws account is same, she has no numbers listed at all)

See? Drop down box for numbers is non-existant

refers.jpg

The very first post in this thread is by Lachlan_M, on 1/8/15. Near the beginning of that post is a chart entitled "How much can you earn?" Below it is a section entitled "Other things you need to know:" The third point in that section says, "You’ll know how many active friends you have in your Self Serve account." I have queried about this since last year, and no one has been able to tell me where to find my referrals in my account. I have since learned to keep track of my referrals (names and numbers), then just ensure I get credit for them when my plan renews by listing the active referrals to Customer Service a few weeks before renewal. This ensures that we are both on the same page regarding rewards and amount owing. So far, it is working.
Mayor / Maire

@marcnoel I posted the screenshot above

There is (supposed to be) a drop down arrow, when you click it opens showing your referred numbers 

As you can tell the system has bugs and often does not work though

Sorry, I don't see your screenshot. I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't viewable on mobile. Regardless, I would like to see my referrals in my acount, too.

Never mind. Although it appeared as a blank picture in the thumbnail, clicking on it opened the correct, full-size image. Thank you for that.
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So far, my referrals seem to be working, but I have since ported my TELUS number over to my PM account. Is my referral number now my TELUS phone number, or still the original (but inaccessible) PM phone number?

@Mary_M

Mayor / Maire

Hey @traycer,

Use your ported number from now on for referring others to PM. General rule of thumb is to use your current public mobile number.. wherever it came from doesn't matter.. its your PM number now.

It works just fine for me in the same situation, i.e. Telus ported number used on PM for referrals.