Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a Friend Reward

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Hi all!

My situation:

• I have a legacy/grandfathered plan
  • My account is currently inactive (since less than 90-days, I will reactivate it before this 90-days passes)

My question:

1. If a friend activates a new account and refers my number (while my account is inactive on a legacy plan);
  2. AND if, in the future (lets say in a year from now, for example), in change from my legacy plan to a regular plan;
  3. Will I receive the $1 monthly reward at that time? (I know that I am not eligible to rewards now with my legacy plan)

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

Follow-up question for you awesome community and mods @Mary_M:

I am still on legacy plan, and I'm thinking about changing to the new plans. I also have friends interested in joining. As I see it, I'll have to 1) change to a new plan; 2) Refer my friends; 3) Receive the refer-a-friend reward on my next renewal date.

My question: Is there a way to earn the refer-a-friend reward directly on my first month in the new plan?

Thanks as always!

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Great question. Great answer.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

You're welcome! At the moment, eligibility requirements will remain the same and I can't tell whether it will change or not. @Someone_here

If you activated prior to May 9th 2014, the loyalty reward is not retroactive and will not be applied upon the switch.

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Hi @Mary_M,

Thanks for your answer. Any hope for this to change?

@Mary_M wrote:

To clarify, refer a friend rewards are not retroactive. We can't really say as to why, it's just how the system works!

What if I joined before May 9, 2014?

@Mary_M wrote:
If a legacy customer activated their account after May 9, 2014, they will receive the loyalty reward once they switch over to a new plan.

Thanks!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @Someone_here,

Thank you for the question!

To clarify, refer a friend rewards are not retroactive. We can't really say as to why, it's just how the system works! If someone is referred after the legacy customer switches to a new plan, the reward will be applied.

If a legacy customer activated their account after May 9, 2014, they will receive the loyalty reward once they switch over to a new plan.

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Hi @Shazia_K,

What do you think of what Luddite is saying here?

I am wondering, why would a legacy customer be retroactively eligible to the Legacy Reward but not to the Refer a Friend reward?

I would love to refer friends to PM and eventually get the reward 🙂 For now my legacy plan is still the best for me, but I know that I will eventually change to a normal plan...

Thanks!

@Luddite wrote:

@Someone_here I have a slightly different take on your situation, as in "nothing ventured" nothing gained". So, after you switch to a 90 day plan send a private message to any moderator with your phone number, the referral phone number, and a polite (perhaps even groveling Robot LOL) explanation. In any case, my understanding is that you will be elligible for the loyalty reward immediately.

Why wait for spring, do it now! 💥

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shazia_K wrote (http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/rsxze77497/board/message?board.id=Announcements&message.i...😞

Any legacy customer moving to any pick and pay plan is eligible to all rewards

Fyi: if someone referred a friend while they were on a grandfathered plan (Legacy) then they are not eligible for that reward, even if the friend is still a Public Mobile customer.

@Someone_here I have a slightly different take on your situation, as in "nothing ventured" nothing gained". So, after you switch to a 90 day plan send a private message to any moderator with your phone number, the referral phone number, and a polite (perhaps even groveling Robot LOL) explanation. In any case, my understanding is that you will be elligible for the loyalty reward immediately.

Why wait for spring, do it now! 💥

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

What said above is true. You must be on 90 days non legacy plans to earn rewards. If your friend activates using your number, you will not get the rewards if in the future you get on an eligible plan. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I don't think you will qualify based on a future change.  Qualification is determined at the time the referred account is activated.

Need Help? Let's chat.