Did you mean: 

Refer-a-Friend Reward

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Updated on June 8, 2018

The Refer a Friend Reward

How does it work?

It’s simple: you will earn $1 every 30 days for each friend you refer to Public Mobile who enters your phone number in the Referral box during activation. Plus, your friend will receive a one-time credit of $10. You’ll continue to earn Rewards on plan renewal dates as long as your friends remain active customers. If you’re on a 90-day plan, this means you’ll earn $3 every 90 days for each friend.

How do I refer a friend?

When your friend is activating their SIM card, they will need to enter your 10-digit Public Mobile phone number. If your friend forgets to enter your number, we can’t manually apply the credit to your account, so make sure they do it right the first time! Below is what the referral field looks like:

Fig4.png

Who Can Earn Rewards?

To be eligible to earn Rewards, you must have:

1. A Rewards-eligible plan:

• All in-market plans as of January 27, 2015, with the exception of 10-day plans, are eligible for Rewards. Plans offered between May 9, 2014 and January 26, 2015 are not eligible.

2. An active account:

• Your account must be active and in good standing to earn and use Rewards. It cannot be in a suspended or deactivated status. For example: if you earn Rewards and immediately go into a suspended state because of a late payment, you will not be able to use your Rewards until you have made that payment.
  • Your Community account must use the same email address as your Self-Serve account in order to receive Community Rewards. 

Considerations for Rewards-ineligible Customers

Customers who are on a Legacy / Pioneer or 10-day plan not eligible for Rewards. If you are a Legacy / Pioneer customer and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, please note:

• Rewards will not be applied retroactively: Rewards will only be earned from the date you switched to an eligible plan.
  • Your tenure began when you first activated with Public Mobile. For instance, if you joined 3 years ago on a Legacy plan, and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, your Loyalty Reward will begin at $3 per 30 days.
  • Referral Rewards are not retroactive. Only referrals made after switching to a Rewards-eligible plan will be counted.

How many Rewards can I earn?

You can earn up to your current plan value in Rewards, reducing it to $0. Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months.

Here’s an example of how you could get your plan down to $0:

1. You are on a $45, 30-day plan
  2. You have been with Public Mobile for 5 years
  3. You signed up for AutoPay
  4. You occasionally help others out in the Community
  5. You referred 36 friends to Public Mobile who are still active members

You will earn $5 in Loyalty Rewards + $2 in AutoPay Rewards + $2 Community Rewards + 36 referrals at $1/30 days. That’s $45 in total Rewards, and a sweet $0 plan!

When are Rewards applied to my account?

Here are some things you should keep in mind about our Rewards program:

• All earned Rewards are applied to your account on your plan renewal date, before your payment is processed.
  • There are exceptions to the above statement:
    • Community Rewards are reviewed between the 1st and 6th of every month, and applied to your account after the review period on your payment due date. If your payment due date is during the review period, your Rewards will be applied on your next payment due date.
    • If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.
    • If you set up AutoPay at activation, your first AutoPay reward will be automatically credited to your Self-Serve account after activation. After that, you will receive an AutoPay reward at each renewal date before payment is processed.
  • Based on the Rewards you have earned in your previous plan cycle, up to four different credits (one per Reward type) will be applied to your account the night of your payment due date.
  • If your account is deactivated and you have unused Rewards on it, those Rewards will be lost.

How do I know when I've earned Rewards?

Whenever a reward has been successfully applied to your account, we will send you a text message to let you know. To check the Rewards you’ve earned, log in to Self-Serve and check the ‘My Rewards’ section in the Overview Tab. You can also select the ‘My Rewards’ button and see all the Rewards you’ve earned since joining Public Mobile.

Below is an example of what you would see from the Overview tab, for a customer who has been with Public less than 1 year, and has no referrals:

Fig2.png

Below is an example of what the ‘My Rewards’ section looks like, for the same account:

Fig3.png

Other Reward Rules

• Public Mobile reserves the right to change all Rewards at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
  • The Community Reward offer is subject to the reservation rights of Moderation as described in the Community Terms of Service.
413 REPLIES 413

@ellisd I have 8 active referals never gotten a txt once

(I also had some prior refers who since left Public, at least 3 by my count, as I said once leaving they notify right away)

The numbers are also not shown in account section (I posted this to mods many times)

My refer credits are there but no record where they come from (actually, my sister-in-laws account is same, she has no numbers listed at all)

See? Drop down box for numbers is non-existant

refers.jpg

ellisd
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@kav2001c,

You do receive a text when someone signs up. I have received one for every single person that I have referred. If they did not receive a text, chances are the person either didn't put in their phone number for the referral or they put in a wrong number.

The other person can check their account to see what phone numbers have used yours for a referral.

marcnoel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
I have received the following text message four times after referring people:

"Public Mobile here. Congratulations! You have successfully referred a friend. If on a Rewards-eligible plan, see the Rewards tab in your Self Serve account."

@marihui it never tells you. Not once.

You only get a message when a friend leaves

marihui
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
How long after a friend activates their sI'm and refer you should you recieve a text saying "congratulations! You have successfully referred a friend..."

My friend signed up last week but I have yet to recieve confirmation. Also, where can we go to see the list of active numbers that are our referals? I've read in the thread that it's under our rewards tab but I do not see it.

ellisd

Do you mean the summary of how many rewards you have already received? This won't update until your next renewal with how many rewards you earned during that time. So if you have $6 worth of referrals, this value will go from 0 to $6 after you get the rewards from said referrals.

DaVibe

From - 100

Public Mobile here.  So sorry, your Refer a Friend reward will be less on your next payment as one of your friends has left us.  See the details in Self Serve.

Having the same issue.  I BELIEVE the refer a friend is actually still applied (as I see a $3 credit under rewards) however in the colourful summary on the rewards page, it shows $0 in rewards, which reminds me of the message (above) that I received.

Could an admin look into this one for me?  Thanks in advance!

*EDIT* Solved in another post, TY

pooberry88

I got the same text a few mins ago Cat Sad Apparently it does this if your friend referred you on the new number and then ported in their old. Should fix itself shortly.

Spoiler

fwys
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hello,

I received this message:

Public Mobile here. So sorry, your Refer a Friend reward will be less on your next payment as one of your friends has left us. See the details in Self Serve.

The problem is, I referred my husband and he just switched over from rogers yesterday. He is still active but it says that he left. I go to my account and I can't find his number anywhere. Any idea why the refer a friend didn't work? Thanks, I appreciate the help.

Webslinger

Hi,

How long does it take before the friend referral reward shows up on your account?

Edit: Just appears to take a few hours.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

You're welcome, @pooberry88, and welcome to our awesome PM community!  

pooberry88

Thank You Mary_M Smiley LOL

pooberry88

Thanks for the sim cards imm1304 Smiley Very Happy

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @pooberry88

As discussed yesterday, a ticket has been opened.

Please refer to my private messages from yesterday 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pooberry88, keep note of the phone numbers you referred and send that info, along with your public mobile number as the referrer to Mary/Shazia/Saray.. whoever of the 3 is around and they will be happy to set this up for you.  

yuanqi118
Maybe your number has just been activated and it has been not added in the system!

pooberry88

I actived PM yesterday and refered two friends. When my friends enter my number as a referral they keep getting "The number entered does not belong to a valid Public Mobile Subscriber" Have to private message a mod to get it fix. Have about 8 more friends using me as a referral this weekend Smiley Sad

mjs

when you sign up, it will ask you if you have been referred. if yes, then you need to provide the public mobile phone number of the person who referred you. 

in this situation, since you have not signed up yet, then it wouldn't work because you wouldn't have a public mobile number/ account yet. I guess when you sign up and activate your account, you can enter your friend's public mobile number (a kinda reverse situation). I hope this helps.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @tskitz

Thank you for referring your friend to us, 

He needs to give an active Public Mobile phone number in the activation form and because you don't have an active account yet he will not be able to add you. 

You will be able to add his phone number in your activation form and he will be getting the reward. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

tskitz

My friend is signing up for an account before me but I referred him - Can he add me as his referral after he signs up? @Shazia_K

markjanzen

any word on the 2 way referral mentioned on this forum? now would be a perfect time to have it because of the great $40 promo plan...a referral link would be perfect in this situation..

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @anguyen

As @Scaredy mentioned, did they add your number in the activation form? if they forgot to add it or did not add it, it won't be possible for us to manually add it for you.

I'm sorry about this, 

Thanks, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Scaredy

They should've entered your phone number as a referral when they signed up, but if they didn't do that, @Mary_M or @Shazia_K should be able to help.

anguyen
Hello.
I have same refer a friend , his account is active now
Where can I go to claim reward.Please advise
Thanks

Anyone have any updates on this?

Scaredy

They've said they plan to do links eventually, but for now, it's just phone number.

vanessapage

Is there a way to refer people by having them click a link or do they have to enter my phone number when they sign up?

Scaredy

They've indicated over in this thread that they intend to revamp the referral program to provide a one-time data bonus to the recipient. 

TroyDaBes
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

We got a new plans and changes. I wonder if Public Mobile change the way the refer a friend program work? Or is it still the same one where the referrer is the only who will benefit?

Janterry
I can't see the section you speak of that shows the numbers of the people I've referred? I've tried all sections of the self-serve and can't find them, ugh.
Need Help? Let's chat.