Did you mean: 

Refer-a-Friend Reward

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Updated on June 8, 2018

The Refer a Friend Reward

How does it work?

It’s simple: you will earn $1 every 30 days for each friend you refer to Public Mobile who enters your phone number in the Referral box during activation. Plus, your friend will receive a one-time credit of $10. You’ll continue to earn Rewards on plan renewal dates as long as your friends remain active customers. If you’re on a 90-day plan, this means you’ll earn $3 every 90 days for each friend.

How do I refer a friend?

When your friend is activating their SIM card, they will need to enter your 10-digit Public Mobile phone number. If your friend forgets to enter your number, we can’t manually apply the credit to your account, so make sure they do it right the first time! Below is what the referral field looks like:

Fig4.png

Who Can Earn Rewards?

To be eligible to earn Rewards, you must have:

1. A Rewards-eligible plan:

• All in-market plans as of January 27, 2015, with the exception of 10-day plans, are eligible for Rewards. Plans offered between May 9, 2014 and January 26, 2015 are not eligible.

2. An active account:

• Your account must be active and in good standing to earn and use Rewards. It cannot be in a suspended or deactivated status. For example: if you earn Rewards and immediately go into a suspended state because of a late payment, you will not be able to use your Rewards until you have made that payment.
  • Your Community account must use the same email address as your Self-Serve account in order to receive Community Rewards. 

Considerations for Rewards-ineligible Customers

Customers who are on a Legacy / Pioneer or 10-day plan not eligible for Rewards. If you are a Legacy / Pioneer customer and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, please note:

• Rewards will not be applied retroactively: Rewards will only be earned from the date you switched to an eligible plan.
  • Your tenure began when you first activated with Public Mobile. For instance, if you joined 3 years ago on a Legacy plan, and switch to a Rewards-eligible plan, your Loyalty Reward will begin at $3 per 30 days.
  • Referral Rewards are not retroactive. Only referrals made after switching to a Rewards-eligible plan will be counted.

How many Rewards can I earn?

You can earn up to your current plan value in Rewards, reducing it to $0. Once you reach the value of your plan, you will not be able to accumulate any further Rewards in that plan period, and you will not be able to save Rewards and apply them to future months.

Here’s an example of how you could get your plan down to $0:

1. You are on a $45, 30-day plan
  2. You have been with Public Mobile for 5 years
  3. You signed up for AutoPay
  4. You occasionally help others out in the Community
  5. You referred 36 friends to Public Mobile who are still active members

You will earn $5 in Loyalty Rewards + $2 in AutoPay Rewards + $2 Community Rewards + 36 referrals at $1/30 days. That’s $45 in total Rewards, and a sweet $0 plan!

When are Rewards applied to my account?

Here are some things you should keep in mind about our Rewards program:

• All earned Rewards are applied to your account on your plan renewal date, before your payment is processed.
  • There are exceptions to the above statement:
    • Community Rewards are reviewed between the 1st and 6th of every month, and applied to your account after the review period on your payment due date. If your payment due date is during the review period, your Rewards will be applied on your next payment due date.
    • If you’ve changed your plan prior to your current plan renewal date, you will receive your Reward credits after you have paid for the new plan, within approximately 24 hours. Rewards will be applied normally from then on.
    • If you set up AutoPay at activation, your first AutoPay reward will be automatically credited to your Self-Serve account after activation. After that, you will receive an AutoPay reward at each renewal date before payment is processed.
  • Based on the Rewards you have earned in your previous plan cycle, up to four different credits (one per Reward type) will be applied to your account the night of your payment due date.
  • If your account is deactivated and you have unused Rewards on it, those Rewards will be lost.

How do I know when I've earned Rewards?

Whenever a reward has been successfully applied to your account, we will send you a text message to let you know. To check the Rewards you’ve earned, log in to Self-Serve and check the ‘My Rewards’ section in the Overview Tab. You can also select the ‘My Rewards’ button and see all the Rewards you’ve earned since joining Public Mobile.

Below is an example of what you would see from the Overview tab, for a customer who has been with Public less than 1 year, and has no referrals:

Fig2.png

Below is an example of what the ‘My Rewards’ section looks like, for the same account:

Fig3.png

Other Reward Rules

• Public Mobile reserves the right to change all Rewards at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
  • The Community Reward offer is subject to the reservation rights of Moderation as described in the Community Terms of Service.
413 REPLIES 413

When I renewed my 90 day plan prior to the promo, I too had the issue of not seeing a friend referred.  In this case, my number was not accessible to my friend, and a support ticket was setup.  I have a feeling it was because of porting in my WIND number.

Anyways, I've been advised by the mod at the time, they setup the friend referral when the ticket was resolved.  I still don't see anything for it yet, but my next renewal is Sunday the 17th.  I expect to see something then.

jchau
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Got another response back from them today. 

I asked them why I don't see an extra line item for referrals under my rewards when I log into my account, the said: 

Normally you are going to have your reward in your next renewal date when the payment goes through. You can follow this link to see how the refer-a-friend program work.

I thought it is suppose to show up in My Rewards if it has been processed through..... so they haven't solved my problem yet? 

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Usually no, lately yes

brutus99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I am still missing one referral. I have spoken to a Mod and have a ticket # from 12 days ago. Does it usually take this long to get that fixed?

jchau

Finally got a response back from them about the Refer a Friend. They have asked me to confirm my account, and also the account that I have referred. 

I replied back to them within a few hours and they finally responsed back to confirm it will be applied to my account. 

I don't see it show up on my account yet so I am waiting for a response back to 24hrs? But sounds like once they reply back to you, they will get back to you relatively quickly? 

Rockdaddy22
Why not let them fix that when they get done with service issues first. I'm way more worried about people with no service issues.

yan86

I referred a few friends during the promo period but none has shown i believe, hope this will be fixed asap.

Rockdaddy22
To be honest, I hope they're dealing with people who have no service before dealing with referral issues. Can't those wait until things settle down a bit. I have some referral issues also. I'm not going to bother the mods for that right now. It's obviously your right to contact them, but a little empathy for no service issues goes a long way.

tknguyen
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Ct335i @nhanken (and everyone wondering lol) I sent an email on Nov 22, and just received an email back today! Yours will come soon 🙂

Ct335i
Same here .. I'm new customer to PM and I have sent a few email 2 weeks ago and the resent past week in regards to referral. Still no response of acknowledgement. Was not expecting this type of service.

nhanken
I have successfully referred my sister to join PM but I haven't received a message for Refer-A-Friend yet. Could any PM admin please help me thanks

Rockdaddy22
Unfortunately just keep waiting

jchau
I have referred a friend for the special promo and never got a text confirmation. I have emailed PM and also messaged a mod and never heard anything back. Any idea what i should do next?

Smellyk
Anyone know how much longer it would take for my refer-a-friend reward to show up on my account? I have referred a friend during the 4gb/$40 per month promo and I have yet to see their number show up on my reward list. My sister added our aunt with her number a few days ago and she got a text the day after. How can I confirm I will be getting the reward for the friend I referred? Is it likely to still be backlogged?

cookie780911

Part of my refer-a-friend reward hasn't gotten applied (only 1 out of 2 showed up in my account).

I private messaged a "PM" and a "Mod" last Wednesday but hasn't gotten any reply back yet.

Can anyone advice what I should do?

Thanks in advance!!

jeeva86
I never got any confirmation after successful referrals. I got text messages weeks after. I've also messaged the mods about which numbers I've referred, so maybe they triggered it. Not sure. In any case, I'm still waiting on one more referral to come through. I wouldn't worry about it too much and check back later since it won't be effective until the next autopay, which is 90d away.

jeeva86
Your referral won't be affected on when you port. I've referred both when I had my old number and my new number. In both scenarios, I've received the credit.

Nidoritos

I had my cousin use my number as a referral but I still don't see my referral reward in my account, neither have I received an email confirmation about it. I only see my auto pay reward of $6 for the 90-day plan.

Please help and thanks!

sirkdub
I was going to port my number once all my 7 referral rewards shows up in my account. Is it safe to port now or best to wait until my referrals shows up? Don't want to mess things up if it will.

marcnoel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
kav2001c:

I just went back and looked, and I actually responded to your post about that picture. I obviously didn't remember. Your pic didn't show numbers, but my account did today.

I wonder what else I've forgotten.

Janterry
Thank you so much for finally revealing how to see our referrals! Hallelujah!!! 😀

marcnoel
kav2001c:

Thanks. Unfortunately, I didn't see that post.

@marcnoel hey I did post screen shots like a month or 2 ago to show a new member...

@sirkdub normally referals show up in a couple of days

Most of us are on 90 day cycle so just check back in a couple weeks if not show up yet

It's possible some of your referals are not active yet Cat Wink until mods finish ports and provision errors

marcnoel
AS I LIVE AND BREATHE! This is the first time since I first joined PM last year in September that someone has revealed how to view numbers referred. As sirkdub said, on the Rewards page, there is a tiny arrow to the left of Total rewards earned. If you click on the arrow, it then points down, and a drop-down menu appears that shows the numbers I referred. I am utterly baffled why no one else has said anything about this over the past 14 months, considering that many others have inquired. This information should have been included in the very first post in this thread. All it says is "You’ll know how many active friends you have in your Self Serve account.", but it doesn't say where to find them. Sorry, Lachlan_M. If possible, you might want to go back and edit that post to include this critical point.

Sirkdub, I thank you from the bottom of my brain!

sirkdub
I have 7 referral rewards signed up. When I clicked on the tiny arrow it shows just four numbers right now. My referral rewards reads 3. This doesn't make sense. Shouldn't it read 4? Also how long should the system take to have all our referral rewards show up? The promo ended on Sunday and today is wed already so I thought all 7 of my referral rewards should show up by now. Help please!

imm1304

Hi @sara06!

Porting numbers wont affect the referral reward.  The phone numbers were used to link the referral to the account.   My own referral from before I ported is showing up.  

It may be taking some time for the rewards to show up.  If you click on My Rewards in selfserve, you will see Total Rewards earned.  There is a small arrow just to the left of this line.  Click it and details of each category of reward will show.  Have you looked there?  

sara06
I also referred 4 people. And I helped them set it up and entered my number in the registration. I signed up November 20 and after on the same day I set them up. I still don't see credits besides the dynamic auto pay. I just ported in my number today and all my referrals will be doing the same. Does that affect my referral?

nhanken
Hopefully one of the Mods will respond to you soon otherwise try to PM some other Mods just in case the one you've messaged is not available or on vacation.
Need Help? Let's chat.