cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer-a-Friend Reward 1GB free data

Al_C
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I refer a friend, I'll receive 1 GB of free data. I have 1 GB of data already on my current plan, can I then 'drop' the 1GB I pay for and keep the new free 1 GB? Haven't seen this question yet, sorry if this is a double. 

8 REPLIES 8

Yang_P

@wetcoaster

Thank you so much for the detailed explanations, I am pretty clear now. Yeah, would definitely refer my friend in. 

Yang_P

@ShawnC13

Thanks for your quick reply, very clear explanation. 

@Yang_P wrote:

@NDesai

I am currently on the 40 dollars 4GB plan and planning to refer my friend to the basic 20 dollars unlimited call plan. Would both of us get 1GB bonus data every 3 months? Or the bonus 1GB data is just a one-time thing? Thanks.

@Yang_P

No, this is a one time add-on, however it's yours until it's all used up, be that in one day or say 14months (random number).

Your 1GB would stay in your account until you're running out of your regular data to tide you over to your next renewal.

Your friend's 1GB would be their one time data bucket that the system is drawing from until it's used up (after that they can buy another one - that's what I do, using less than 100MB/30 days.)

@Yang_P, it is a one time bonus.  You would need to use up all of your plan data before you would even start using this addon.  Then when your plan renews  whatever is left of the bonus data carriesover until you need it again.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Yang_P

@NDesai

I am currently on the 40 dollars 4GB plan and planning to refer my friend to the basic 20 dollars unlimited call plan. Would both of us get 1GB bonus data every 3 months? Or the bonus 1GB data is just a one-time thing? Thanks.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Al_C As mentioned above, the 1 GB you have on your plan renews every time your plan renews. But the 1GB you get from referring someone is an add-on just like the 1GB add-on available to purchase for $30. This 1GB stays in your account until you use it all up. 

911onFire
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Al_C probably a good idea to keep your data, and get the referral one time bonus as a buffer (which carries over indefinitely until used up) when you run out of the 1gb/month.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Its a one time top up. which gets used when you run out of data on your current plan or if you have a plan that does not have data.   once it is used up then the addon is gone. 

To answer your question Yes you can remove data from your plan and go to te 25$ talk and  text plan. and use the data addon. but once it is all used up (you can get upto 5gb total) then your account will not have any data.

Need Help? Let's chat.