cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a Friend Bug - Number entered does not belong to a valid public mobile subscriber

tylerp_105
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Everyone

New to public mobile.  I was with Rogers/Fido for about 14 years.  I set up the account today and all is great.  The only bug I ran into was during the registration when adding a refer a friend phone number.

A friend I work with who has been with Public I think for almost a year now referred me and offerred all the details I needed when asking about public.  I tried on the latest Chrome browser and Firefox and both gave me the error.  I then called him just to make sure I did not enter anything in wrong.

Well I had to enter "did not get referred" to finish the registration.  Is it possible for a mod to fix this and give credit to him.  I still have the screen capture of the account setup and error message.  I know this is a known issue and others have experienced it too.  I would like to give him a referral as he truly did.

Thanks Public team

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jozma wrote:

I am also running into the same issue and the wireless staff at Walmart mentioned to me that I can post my problem here and someone can help me add the person who referred me to PM

If you've already activated then you'll need moderator assistance. (speedy abtest)

Be aware that if you did activate in store that you will be eligible for the regular $10 refer-a-friend credit and the existing customer will get the $1/30 days.

(not the $25 credit for both)

jozma
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jozma- In order to correct a missing referral, you will need to send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to help you.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 8AM-Midnight(EST) & Sat/Sun 8AM-10:00PM(EST)

jozma
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am also running into the same issue and the wireless staff at Walmart mentioned to me that I can post my problem here and someone can help me add the person who referred me to PM

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @tylerp_105

Welcome to Public Mobile, 

I'm sorry to hear about this, is it possible to ask your friend to send us a private message with his Public Mobile phone number and his account info? we will take a look into this. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No problem @tylerp_105, everyone is new at some point! 🙂

When you mention someone prefixed by the @, that will trigger a line in their notification feed that someone has mentioned them, including a link to the thread (see Notifications upper right on the Community page). By a community member mentioning a moderator, the moderators get sort of a pre-screening that the issue likely needs their attention to resolve, allowing them to get to issues that need their attention quicker as they are not wading through other threads where they are not needed.

tylerp_105
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Jak

Thanks for the response and welcome.  I would like to ask about your message which points at a mod.  This kind of posting, does it notify a mod?  I saw it in a few threads and eventually one of the key members attends to the problem.

As a community member, does this kind of post help other users?  I am only asking for learning purpose.  Thanks

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @tylerp_105, welcome to Public Mobile!

@Shazia_K@Mary_M, can you help out?

Need Help? Let's chat.