cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer-A-Friend reward got removed due to a PM glitch

UFO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I referred my mother to PM approx 4 months ago and I have been getting $1 reward every 30 days.  However, due to a recent glitch in PM system (based on what I read in the forum), my mother's account got deactivated due to insufficient payment even though she signed up for autopay.

Because her account got deactivated for a day, the "Refer-a-friend" credit was removed from my account.  I am not sure if PM can actually fix this since they kept telling people that 'refer a friend' reward can't be added back to the account subsequently.  But it is quite unfair for me to lose this credit since my mom didn't forget to pay, it is just autopay didn't work due to a PM glitch.  The credit card on her file was valid, and she used this exact same credit card to 'manually' make a payment as soon as she figured out that her account got deactivated.

Does anyone else has similar situation?

6 REPLIES 6

UFO

Thought I should tell everyone what happened after.  So i emailed the Mod and told them my situation.  Mod replied 2 days later saying that they have sent a ticket to Telus to fix it.  Approx 3 days after, my 'refer a friend' reward was fixed.

So it worked! If you have similar issues, please contact the mods and they will help you.

dumbdobie1

Thanked you too buddy. I wish you the best of luck 🙂

UFO

And i forgot to say thanks! Smiley Very Happy

UFO

I have contacted the mod yesterday and I am still waiting for a reponse from them.  

As of now, the credit hasn't been added back to my account "automatically" as some other posts have suggested.  

dumbdobie1

I can see someone losing their discount if the referral account is cancelled. But if its just temporarily suspended and reactivated then yes you deserve the rewards. Contact the mods and they should be able to fix it up for you. Hopefully Telus will fix the system

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@UFO wrote:

I referred my mother to PM approx 4 months ago and I have been getting $1 reward every 30 days.  However, due to a recent glitch in PM system (based on what I read in the forum), my mother's account got deactivated due to insufficient payment even though she signed up for autopay.

Because her account got deactivated for a day, the "Refer-a-friend" credit was removed from my account.  I am not sure if PM can actually fix this since they kept telling people that 'refer a friend' reward can't be added back to the account subsequently.  But it is quite unfair for me to lose this credit since my mom didn't forget to pay, it is just autopay didn't work due to a PM glitch.  The credit card on her file was valid, and she used this exact same credit card to 'manually' make a payment as soon as she figured out that her account got deactivated.

Does anyone else has similar situation?

@UFOThey will fix this if you contact the moderator team directly and give your mothers number and explain. The issue is sometimes it does not automatically "re-add" it self, there are quite a few "glitches" here at public mobile but the discount is rightfully yours.

Although it will probably take then quite a few days to get back to you, they will fix this.

I suggest sending a message to the moderator team. Click this to send them a message. Remember to give a full description of your issue with as much detail and include your name, account number and/or phone number and pin number so they don’t send you a message back asking for more details.

Need Help? Let's chat.