cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer-A-Friend for 90 days plan

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hello Public Mobile Community, does anyone know the reward for refer-a-friend 90 days plan? As I referred my friend in May 8, 2018 I get $3 credit but my 90 days plan renew in July 27. Today I got a text message from PM says my rewards won't count because my friend account is inactivation on July 7, 2018. And I checked my account it deducted $3 credit. So for 90 days plan when you referred a friend your friend has to stay with PM until your renewal date to get $3 credit, is that correct? I won't even get a partial of the rewards?

12 REPLIES 12

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous wrote:

@sandpublic wrote:

@PFR wrote:

What about a 30 day plan lost my 2 refer a friend rewards. Called both and they are active with payments up to date. What’s up?

By any chance were they legacy accounts?

@sandpublic  - I don't think that would be possible.  The only way to be a referer for someone with a legacy plan would be to be on a legacy plan yourself.  If that were the case, the poster would never have been eligible fore rewards.

Ok, good to know thanks for letting me know.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sandpublic wrote:

@PFR wrote:

What about a 30 day plan lost my 2 refer a friend rewards. Called both and they are active with payments up to date. What’s up?

@sandpublic  - I don't think that would be possible.  The only way to be a referer for someone with a legacy plan would be to be on a legacy plan yourself.  If that were the case, the poster would never have been eligible fore rewards.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@PFR wrote:

@PFR  a écrit :

Contact the moderator here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437and explain what happened. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PFR  - If the people you referred are still active with PM, but are no longer showing up in your account, then you will need to contact the moderator team and ask them to investigate.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 8AM-Midnight(EST) & Sat/Sun 8AM-10:00PM(EST)

PFR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

JFF
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

It's a 90 day plan, one referral credit per period. If you have 30 day plan, you would receive $1 per period and total $2 so far. So 30 day plan might be better to secure your rewards. ☺

@Someone_here wrote:

@meocon, you can try messaging the mods to explain the situation and maybe get a manuel credit, but I don't know if they will do it.

Here is technically how the payments of the refer-a-friend rewards works in the system:

1) As soon as your friend activate their account, you see the reward appearing in your selfserve. Either $1 or $3, depending on your plan lenght. You can also see their number added in the referral list in your selfserve, and you usually (but not always) receive a text telling you you have a new referral.

2) As soon as your friend account becomes inactive, the reward displayed in the "My rewards" section is removed. You may also receive a text (but again, it is not always happening) telling you you lost a referral. Your friend's number stays in your referral list for another 90 days (until their account is deleted/completely deactivated), since they could reactivate their account anytime and you would get the reward back.

In these two situation, the reward is only showing in the "My rewards" section, and not in your "Available Credits".

3) On the day of the renewal of your plan, rewards displayed at that time are credited to your account (in "Available credits"), and then a little later your new plan is charged to your account, reducing first the amount of "Available credits" down to $0, and then charging your credit card (if autopay is activated) for any missing dollars.

So in the end, if your friend became active for a month (for example) and then didn't renew their plan, and if this happens in the middle of your 90 day plan, you won't get any reward (even if in theory you should get $1).

Thanks for saving me a boat load of time.  I could not say it any better.  This is exactly how the system behaves.  I was half way through a 90 day cycle when the Koodo migration in February/March significantly impaired my referrals.  Every other day I was getting notifications that I was losing referrals.  Even though the terms are clear about earning $1 per 30, I don't recall any mention that until the reward is distributed in a 90 plan.  It's like a "paper profit" in the investment account.  Easy come, easy go.  I suppose this is one of the perils in having a 90 day plan.  

It would be nice to know officially, how they intend the credit to work for 90 day plans.  Personally, I am not going to split hairs over what would be an inevitably.  This just makes you more hungry to rebuild the referrals.  As Arnold puts it, the customers will be back!

@meocon, you can try messaging the mods to explain the situation and maybe get a manuel credit, but I don't know if they will do it.

Here is technically how the payments of the refer-a-friend rewards works in the system:

1) As soon as your friend activate their account, you see the reward appearing in your selfserve. Either $1 or $3, depending on your plan lenght. You can also see their number added in the referral list in your selfserve, and you usually (but not always) receive a text telling you you have a new referral.

2) As soon as your friend account becomes inactive, the reward displayed in the "My rewards" section is removed. You may also receive a text (but again, it is not always happening) telling you you lost a referral. Your friend's number stays in your referral list for another 90 days (until their account is deleted/completely deactivated), since they could reactivate their account anytime and you would get the reward back.

In these two situation, the reward is only showing in the "My rewards" section, and not in your "Available Credits".

3) On the day of the renewal of your plan, rewards displayed at that time are credited to your account (in "Available credits"), and then a little later your new plan is charged to your account, reducing first the amount of "Available credits" down to $0, and then charging your credit card (if autopay is activated) for any missing dollars.

So in the end, if your friend became active for a month (for example) and then didn't renew their plan, and if this happens in the middle of your 90 day plan, you won't get any reward (even if in theory you should get $1).

JL9
Mayor / Maire

It could be an all or nothing condition 

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RobertQc but in my case I don't even get $1 credit 🙂

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@meocon wrote:

Hello Public Mobile Community, does anyone know the reward for refer-a-friend 90 days plan? As I referred my friend in May 8, 2018 I get $3 credit but my 90 days plan renew in July 27. Today I got a text message from PM says my rewards won't count because my friend account is inactivation on July 7, 2018. And I checked my account it deducted $3 credit. So for 90 days plan when you referred a friend your friend has to stay with PM until your renewal date to get $3 credit, is that correct? I won't even get a partial of the rewards?

I would be interested to know the final answer on this too. You should get $2 IMO because of this https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/Refer-a-Friend-Reward/m-p/411#M4

PER 30 DAYS. May 8th to July 7th was 60 days, maybe 59 depending on how they count it. So you should either get $1 or $2. It says "per 30 days" not "per plan term"

@Lachlan_M@ wrote

The Refer a Friend Reward

How does it work?

It’s simple: you will earn $1 every 30 days for each friend you refer to Public Mobil

Need Help? Let's chat.