cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Refer-A-Friend Reward Self Serve Display Weirdness

Hello friends,

Just wondering if anyone else is seeing some odd reporting for Refer A Friend?

I've currently referred both my fiancee and my boss and this is what I see on my Rewards page:

refer-a-friend.png

So it's only reporting one number and it's also showing $0 for rewards.  I'm perfectly fine with waiting for the UI issues to be corrected but wasn't sure if that's all this was or if there's bigger issues.

Anyone else seeing such oddities? Should I be reporting it to someone?

Cheers,

plen

Mayor / Maire

Re: Refer-A-Friend Reward Self Serve Display Weirdness

@plenarius Write to PM support with the phone number of the other person (the one that's not showing up at all). They'll look into both the missing referred number as well as the missing R-A-F credit.

FWIW, I've faced lots of problems with referrals myself. I passed on information about Public Mobile (and my phone number) to several people who live in the same building here. And I know atleast 2 of them (possibly even more) have, in fact signed up but I've not seen it appear in my self-serve. I don't want to be chasing after people to find out what their new phone number is, to have PM investigate. So I'm instead just choosing to give up the monthly credit for those 2 referrals.

As with several other things, I'm hoping PM systems will become flawless in this regard sooner rather than later...

@7789849803 Thanks for the feedback on your own experience. I wonder what the issue might be retaining that number through the activation process. 

Seeing as how I literally watched both of my referrals enter the information I know there was no user error.

I wish the referral system was not phone number based and rather just some code of sorts so I could promote PM to others who I may not wish have my phone number, heh.

I've forwarded my concerns to PM support as mentioned.

For those who may be curious, PM responded just now.

"After checking into your friends account, I have noticed that your phone number is already registered for the rewards. I suggest you wait for your next payment and see."

So it looks like it's just a display issue in the Rewards section of the Self Serve account.

Mayor / Maire

PM usually also sends out a text message notifying when a new user signs up using your referral. I have atleast 2 of these referrals missing from that as well. But it could be that it was just due to a temporary glitch during the time maintenance was going on - so hopefully it's already been fixed now.