cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: initial activation of Public cards on specific Devices

mhr1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey! 

I tried to initiate my sim card on multiple devices, however, some of those didn,t work.

It either gave me a network PUK code needed which I was wondering where to get (from Public?

Another diversion, was to enter the IMEI code and check compatibility before (* hint: devices are Telus supported?)

Thanks for your inputs.

6 REPLIES 6

@mhr1 wrote:

Sounds a good idea! 

It was provided by Virgin on a previous plan.

But, I believe they unlocked it,on expiry date.

Thinking of giving them a call,,, I,ll update you if that worked?

Thanks for hinting that!

Yes let us know what was the solution..it will help some other clients one other day...Smiley Happy

mhr1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sounds a good idea! 

It was provided by Virgin on a previous plan.

But, I believe they unlocked it,on expiry date.

Thinking of giving them a call,,, I,ll update you if that worked?

Thanks for hinting that!

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@mhr1 wrote:

Hey! 

I tried to initiate my sim card on multiple devices, however, some of those didn,t work.

It either gave me a network PUK code needed which I was wondering where to get (from Public?

Another diversion, was to enter the IMEI code and check compatibility before (* hint: devices are Telus supported?)

Thanks for your inputs.

The device which doesn't work that's probably because your device is not unlocked. You need to contact the old company to unlock it and it's free. Did you check the compatibility here..willmyphonework.net?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mhr1  contact the original provider/network of the phone and ask them for the unlock code.

That message Likley means the phone is locked to the old provider 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mhr1 wrote:

Hey! 

Thanks for your inputs.

Sounds like it's still locked to the previous provider. Who was it with last? Did you check willmyphonework.net? Although not all makes and models are listed.

If Samsung then they might be able to do something for you.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try contacting a moderator to get the puk code.

Moserator can be reached at 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.