cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: friend referred

Gee005
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received a text this text 

Public Mobile here. So sorry, your Refer a Friend reward will be less on your next payment as one of your friends has left us. See the details at https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca

But my friend hasn’t left public mobile so I’m confused 

12 REPLIES 12

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

does your referral disappeared from your my account referral page as well?

if it did and your referral is still renewing their plan on time then contact support. The message you received might be a glitch too as it happened in the past.

@Amoy wrote:

Need to speak to an agent for rewards not taken into account.

@Amoy   Sorry, PM support is all online

Are you checking for Friend's referral?

are you the one who just joined?  how long you have joined?  for the one who activated with a friend's referral code, it usually take 72 hours for the $10 to show up on the account as Available Fund.  

If it is 3 days already, you can open a ticket with PM to confirm:

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.
    Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.
  2.  Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Amoy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Need to speak to an agent.

@Anonymous 

Well you answered a question that would have been very helpful last year when there were many customers complaining that they had lost half of their referrals which was due to pm fixing the glitch. Few if any mentioned getting the text. So the determining factor between a legitimate loss and one that was justified would be receiving the text message.

As far as receiving the text message now if lost/stolen is enabled the $ amount and the phone number will disappear from the referrers reward section and will return once service is resumed. This does not  happen when a referral is suspended due to non payment rather the $1 reward is not applied during the referrals renewal. A referral whose account is cancelled and deactivated or ports out their number should trigger the text but I cannot say for sure as I have not lost any referrals in this manner.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious 

yeah something like that time in spring of 2020, but my dear friend all my respect,

for that OP question, i suggesting contact customer support to them only can check it in account and that person has to contact friend to make sure them is still Activated with PM,

and the CSA, they will told them to friend have to contact...

@Anonymous 

Did this occur about 18 months ago in the spring of 2020 when pm corrected referral glitch that had been paying out referral rewards for customers who had long left pm? If so I can certainly see why your advice would make a lot of sense.

But since this is very recent and the most plausible explanation is the use of lost/stolen feature it is still not advisable to suggest contacting customer support....yet....until the OP replies with a little more info. ( Did you receive the text message at the time? That's an important clue to a member who thinks a referral was erroneously removed during the time that pm made that mass correction.)

It's important to look at the bigger picture before suggesting contacting customer support. When looking at this as a searchable question what do we want a customer seeking an answer or a solution to take from a thread as their possible solution? In future relate your personal experience before you make the suggestion to contact customer support so that the OP or the customer has context before taking the next step. Once you explained why you gave your original answer it makes sense especially if as I have surmised that your loss of referral that was reinstated occurred during that particular time period that pm was making corrections.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

Maybe you have never received a text like this but I have received one on almost a monthly basis due to the bf constantly losing his phone and me having to suspend his service via lost/stolen until he (if) finds his phone. A CSA can do absolutely nothing to help the OP except to say one of his referrals does not have active service. It's a waste of time for both the OP and the CSA for a support ticket to be created for this question.

@darlicious 

i agree with you, but i have that issue a long time ago with PM, and when i'm asking my 3 friend why you left PM they say No we still like that service with PM, and then i contact to CSA, and them check it out and they say to me your friend has to contact to CSA to Confirm my friend they are take my code and after my friend contact to CSA and them check it out for them and they applied back to my account for them, but by my friend has to contact to PM, and all my friend has service working 100%, but they issue with system public mobile...

@Anonymous 

Maybe you have never received a text like this but I have received one on almost a monthly basis due to the bf constantly losing his phone and me having to suspend his service via lost/stolen until he (if) finds his phone. A CSA can do absolutely nothing to help the OP except to say one of his referrals does not have active service. It's a waste of time for both the OP and the CSA for a support ticket to be created for this question.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gee005 

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, if you can't see it or removed from your account and you know your friend is still with PM,

you have to Contact Customer Support Agent by  , Explain your issue to
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

@Gee005 

That means one of your referrals has suspended their service via lost/stolen. It could have been briefly or for longer. If one of the phone numbers is missing from the rewards section in your account then you know they are still suspended. If they reactivate before your renewal your rewards will not be affected. However their rewards will likely not be applied upon renewal because of a glitch when enabling lost/stolen. They will have to ask the CSA's to apply them manually.

@Gee005 wrote:

I received a text this text 

Public Mobile here. So sorry, your Refer a Friend reward will be less on your next payment as one of your friends has left us. See the details at https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca

But my friend hasn’t left public mobile so I’m confused 

I would suggest logging into your Self Serve account. Check the amount of your refer-a-friend reward and if it hasn't changed, you can ignore the text message.

Need Help? Let's chat.