cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Transferring or Changing your Phone Number

esproven
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Why when I change my phone number, I lose all my refer-a-friend rewards and reset back to $0 rewards? How to fix this? I've contacted CS agents 5 times and they are at a loss for words..

63 REPLIES 63

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious 

Depends on the device/operating system... Windows and Mac, for example, generally holds the only last Copy so you don't have to worry about running out of space since this is just a safety net - "Copy" your post as a backup, and once it posts successfully, then you're done!  if there's an error, you'd know right away and can Paste from the clipboard.  When it's time for your next post, just Copy again and it replaces what you had before.  🙂

imisstraveling
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

its liked to the account, it shouldn't go away. 

@BlueB 

How much info will a clipboard hold? Realize I have 16,000+ posts and a lot of them are long ones!😁

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious 

Okay, bit slow with life being so crazy lately, but as for copy and paste... it's an extra few seconds to tap-hold, then Select All, and then Copy.  You probably don't have to invest much time in copying to clipboard as opposed to rewriting an occasional post?  Just a thought!  🙂

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk 

I can positively confirm no text message is sent from pm when an account gets cancelled and deactivated. Only when an account is suspended via lost/stolen.

Take a look at the texts in the post I just created.

the text about friends referral are not reliable

I think when I have new referral, I got the text most the time but not 100%

I don't recall I saw text about losing friends

@darlicious wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk 

I can positively confirm no text message is sent from pm when an account gets cancelled and deactivated. Only when an account is suspended via lost/stolen.

Take a look at the texts in the post I just created.

@CountyDownIeUk 

@darlicious wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk 

No I don't think so....very weird glitch but nothing surprises me when strange things happen in accounts. I have tech team ticket looking into the disappearance of a referral's community reward after I suspended the account in late july ( lol....I know what happened to their friend referral....oops!)😞But where the community reward went......? The same place mine went 2 years ago.....?

I hear you....but for some reason I don't feel this OP is legit. 

Are you also saying...the ones you lose.....have no corresponding texts associated with the loss?

I keep losing referrals almost every month and will be posting about it soon. It is a thankless task to help PM get new customers and they don't provide adequate information. 

One thing I will mention is the lack of telling you what phone number is the loss associated to. 

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

@esproven 

We're sorry to hear your refer-a-friend reward went missing. Please let us take this away to investigate what happened. 

Sorry for the inconvenience! 

Thank you!

Jade 

@darlicious 

Why continued use of the pronoun,  "we"?

If one did not know better, one might presume one is a designate of public mobile.  Say it ain't so... 😬

Perhaps I ought to have expressed it a different way:  "it's good to see that some things always stay the same"

Have a great day!!!

@HALIMACS 

The only thing that changes on a regular basis around here is the community manager. As much as we want Jade_S to advance forward in her career we like her....it would be nice if one would just get a promotion within pm rather than telus poaching all the good ones away!

Oh my, @darlicious 

Good to know some things never change.

@CountyDownIeUk 

No I don't think so....very weird glitch but nothing surprises me when strange things happen in accounts. I have tech team ticket looking into the disappearance of a referral's community reward after I suspended the account in late july ( lol....I know what happened to their friend referral....oops!)😞But where the community reward went......? The same place mine went 2 years ago.....?

We saw some lark posts a few days...no substance....story changed.....kept in the conversation. Could this be the same person?

@ShawnC13

@HALIMACS 

To clarify.....first of all I avoid tagging pm management unless I think the issue is important enough to draw their attention to the thread. That way when I do tag them they take that notification seriously enough to read the thread and if necessary intervene either by contacting, directing etc....the CSA team on addressing the issue or by contacting the OP personally or addressing the issue to the community as a whole.

Jade_S in particular will acknowledge the tag by bravoing the post, posting in the thread, tagging the member or sending a private message or of course posting an announcement.

Tagging or messaging whomever becomes a bit of the boy who called wolf situation. Do as you may and see the results you recieve.....I'm just sharing what works for me and apparently works for pm management as its been very effective.

How else do you think I got a birthday surprise from Jade_S?🎁😁📷🎈

After I tagged Jade_S for the benefit of the OP and ease of sending a private message she was also tagged by @JK8 .

@esjliv  mentioned tagging senior CSA team members. This is a fruitless endeavour.

I am merely supplying anyone reading this thread with the basic protocol on how to escalate an issue when dealing with regular customer support is not working. But if you want to include a laundry list of pm employees to contact I think you should know by now how we feel about that and kitchen sinks!😃

I don't see why this is lounge worthy.....community board worthy....yes.🤔

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@esproven wrote:

I've sent a 7th message to a different CS agent saying "I request to have a senior CSA to adjust my Rewards." I'll let you know if resolved. Thanks

Can you take a screen shot and show us the replies that you have received??

STOP THE PRESSES !!!

🤣😂

@esproven wrote:

I've sent a 7th message to a different CS agent saying "I request to have a senior CSA to adjust my Rewards." I'll let you know if resolved. Thanks

Can you take a screen shot and show us the replies that you have received??

@softech wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

If you really think that is the way to go I can search for or ask @Anonymous for contact info of head office, the CEO, CFO and any other positions you think the OP should get in touch with to fix their glitch.

I am more interested with what was that complains about that need  to go all the way up to Telus CEO.... 🤔

Oh it was nothing worthy of too much interest, @softech 

Someone simply took something I had posted to an extent where it was never, ever meant to go.

I may request the Oracle responsible for "lounging out" parts of threads to intervene and consider moving out the last several posts since they really have little benefit to the OP's plight. 

@darlicious wrote:

If you really think that is the way to go I can search for or ask @Anonymous for contact info of head office, the CEO, CFO and any other positions you think the OP should get in touch with to fix their glitch.

I am more interested with what was that complains about that need  to go all the way up to Telus CEO.... 🤔

@darlicious wrote:

@HALIMACS @esjliv 

Over 3 hours ago I provided the OP the correct manager to contact and how to contact them. Then  provided additional info ( corrected by @ShawnC13 ) so the OP doesn't waste both their time...

@darlicious good for you. And more importantly, hopefully the OP.

...and other pm managemen's time messaging the wrong people when it was suggested to contact everyone in pm management.

Three people are 'everyone' in PM Management?

And, heaven forbid they get a message, read it, and forward it on appropriately. Management should be able to complete this task. 

And, obviously, OP already messaged the 'wrong' people, 5 times. 

What are you talking about here anyways?
esjliv_0-1636678265150.png

LOL

WOW! This missing $1 (?) is gonna cost PM!...

💪👀💥

Seriously @darlicious 

Funny how a simple suggestion gets everyone up in ire.

I could not care less who or how the OP gets their issue addressed.   I am not beholden to PM staff or employees (of for that matter anyone in this Community).

We are all just here to try to help folks who are frustrated and looking for answers.  Why do 'some' of us get up in arms if someone else answers with the slightest contradiction?

All that matters is that this OP gets the answers they deserve and if 5+ CSA's can't do that (presuming what they describe is accurate), then I think Public Mobile has bigger issues than whether a few PM staff members are inconvenienced by a customer looking for assistance.

@HALIMACS @esjliv 

Over 3 hours ago I provided the OP the correct manager to contact and how to contact them. Then  provided additional info ( corrected by @ShawnC13 ) so the OP doesn't waste both their time and other pm management's time messaging the wrong people when it was suggested to contact everyone in pm management.

@esjliv wrote:

@ShawnC13 @HALIMACS 

If I may, this is about the OP getting their lost Refer-a-Friend Rewards after changing their phone number, which sounds ridiculous really.

IF this was all the OP did (change phone number) and the referress are still active, AND 5 previous tickets basically said 'nothing we can do' - that is absurd. 

If tagging all known senior PM agents are the only way to have someone look at this seriously and provide help, or at least an explanation/reason, than so be it.

Exactly  @esjliv 

The ONLY reason I'd tag several PM staff in this case (seemingly to the chagrin of some) is because the OP states they had made several attempts to resolve their issue through the 'expected' and 'normal' channels.

I would never propose that an OP take this action for a simple inquiry the Community could answer or one which we know could otherwise be appropriately managed by an experienced and competent CSA.

@HALIMACS now it wasn't a presumption a list was provided and you said to still tag them all that is all.  I just know for myself that I have enough work assigned to me that I don't have time to be asked to go look at something someone else is assigned to do.  I am not saying that it is the same everywhere but from what I have seen of the labour shortages in my area everyone is already over-tasked. 

@ShawnC13 

Your reply to correct @darlicious staffer accountability roles and my initial reply were practically posted at the same time.

My response was in response to darlicious post - not in contradiction to or to minimize yours.

I hear you - it's tough out there for many and if you're overtasked that probably means you're a valuable asset wherever you work.   You can only do what you can do.

That still doesn't change what I would do if I were in the OP's position of having had reached out to several CSA's and seemingly not received a satisfactory answer.

As an Oracle - unless you already have, why not tag the appropriate PM staffer who might perhaps assist this customer.

@ShawnC13 @HALIMACS 

If I may, this is about the OP getting their lost Refer-a-Friend Rewards after changing their phone number, which sounds ridiculous really.

IF this was all the OP did (change phone number) and the referress are still active, AND 5 previous tickets basically said 'nothing we can do' - that is absurd. 

If tagging all known senior PM agents are the only way to have someone look at this seriously and provide help, or at least an explanation/reason, than so be it.

@HALIMACS wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@HALIMACS 

Yes but they each have specific duties:

• Jade_S : Community manager
  • David_H : Community technical issues
  • Melinda_H : Oracle Team

Regardless @darlicious , I'd still tag each of them with the inquiry.

3 sets of eyes may have a better outcome than 1

@HALIMACS, do you like getting contacted for something others are responsible for and you have your own workload to do as well?  Or if it was your responsibility would you like someone to contact someone else to take care of the issue?  There are reasons people have titles and responsibilities

Geez @ShawnC13 

Your response presumes that we all should know the specific duties and accountabilities and responsibilities of PM staff.

How would we know that?  Their titles and responsibilities are only displayed 'publicly' as PM following their username.

As for your specific question whether I'd like to be contacted - the answer is I have no issue whatsoever receiving any inquiry from a customer whether their inquiry is my area of responsibility or not.

I work as part of a team, and I'll make sure the appropriate person is tagged.

@HALIMACS now it wasn't a presumption a list was provided and you said to still tag them all that is all.  I just know for myself that I have enough work assigned to me that I don't have time to be asked to go look at something someone else is assigned to do.  I am not saying that it is the same everywhere but from what I have seen of the labour shortages in my area everyone is already over-tasked. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@HALIMACS wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@HALIMACS 

@HALIMACS, do you like getting contacted for something others are responsible for and you have your own workload to do as well?  Or if it was your responsibility would you like someone to contact someone else to take care of the issue?  There are reasons people have titles and responsibilities

Geez @ShawnC13 

Your response presumes that we all should know the specific duties and accountabilities and responsibilities of PM staff.

How would we know that?  Their titles and responsibilities are only displayed 'publicly' as PM following their username.

As for your specific question whether I'd like to be contacted - the answer is I have no issue whatsoever receiving any inquiry from a customer whether their inquiry is my area of responsibility or not.

I work as part of a team, and I'll make sure the appropriate person is tagged.

@HALIMACS wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@HALIMACS 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@darlicious wrote:

@HALIMACS 

Need Help? Let's chat.