Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pssssst Hey YOU!!

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Spoiler
Looks like June community rewards may have been posted to accounts.  Who has some of the new rewards levels?!?!?!?!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

48 REPLIES 48

Double_J
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@stonechucker Do you seriously wait on standby to see if you get rewards deposited into your account?

lstokes

Oh and another quick thing. Because we deal with Chatr, for all those using the service because of credit or privacy issues, we can unlock Chatr phones at the store by logging into the customers account. I did this the other day when I switched a customer over to PM. Also, if you are on the LD Extras rewards program, it's an easy way to earn visits by buying voucjers. Just an insiders tip.

Cheers,

Liam

lstokes

So first off, we partner with Telus in general. So we do Telus, Koodo, and now Public. We also do Chatr but Publics's plans are way better. Second, we definitely do get some heads up with regards to changes and I'd be more than happy share any/all when I get them. As for the rules of activating, we are absolutely aloud to sell sims without activation. Of course, we would love it if the customer activates in store but if they don't want to, there is nothing from Public saying we can't. Unfortunately I assume Walmart does this because of commission. I am not aloud to publically talk about LD commission one way or another so posting on a forum wouldn't be good idea. Hope this clears stuff up. Let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,

Liam

@lstokes wrote:

@ShawnC13, I actually used to work at the one downtown Victoria. I currently work at one in Calgary for the summer anyways. So we will be selling SIM cards, vouchers, and do activations for customers as well. I've done a few activations already and it takes like 5 minutes to do one so thats awesome. In Victoria, the downtown store is definitely the busiest so they are usually at little more up to date with new products. Hope to see you there one day when I'm back there!

Cheers,

Liam

Awesome to have you here as an employee of a retail store that is now partnered with PM. 

A few question for you if you have some time to answer: Do you get commission for activating? How does PM notify you regarding new changes or an upcoming deals? Are there any guidelines given by PM that you have to follow? 

The reason i want to know is because in the past some Walmart reps denied customers to get a sim only, and they make their own rules such as customers cannot purchase only a sim without requiring to activate in store. 

Thanks

lstokes

@ShawnC13, I actually used to work at the one downtown Victoria. I currently work at one in Calgary for the summer anyways. So we will be selling SIM cards, vouchers, and do activations for customers as well. I've done a few activations already and it takes like 5 minutes to do one so thats awesome. In Victoria, the downtown store is definitely the busiest so they are usually at little more up to date with new products. Hope to see you there one day when I'm back there!

Cheers,

Liam

@lstokes wrote:

Just signed up for Public! Super happy so far. I figured since I now sell the service (London Drugs) I should be apart of this community! It really surpises me how activate and dedicated the people here are! I'm so glad to be apart of it!

Cheers,

Liam

Where abouts is the London Drugs that you work at I  am in VIctoria and plan on checking out the stores to see who  has them.  Do you guys just sell sims are do you activate like Walmart does?So gald to see an employee of one of the retail locations being  proactive and participating!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

lstokes

Just signed up for Public! Super happy so far. I figured since I now sell the service (London Drugs) I should be apart of this community! It really surpises me how activate and dedicated the people here are! I'm so glad to be apart of it!

Cheers,

Liam

I seem to recall the 10th and 11th lately.  So, it’s coming.

@MacMe wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

I have none posted at this time.  I know I’ve been less active this past month, but $0 rewards?

Maybe PM is trying to fix the missing rewards for some users, that's why there is no official announcement yet. 

@MacMe wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

I have none posted at this time.  I know I’ve been less active this past month, but $0 rewards?

Maybe PM is trying to fix the missing rewards for some users, that's why there is no official announcement yet. 

Not impossible that they're looking into it, but we wouldn't have seen the annoucement yet anyway.  The rewards were in the accounts on July 7th.  I can't ever remember Public Mobile making the community rewards annoucement on a weekend.

@ute1978 wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

Nothing for me either. I guess the cheaters made their way up in the ranking.

We already reported, but for some reason their investigation is taking a long time. If "cheaters" somehow make their way to the rankings, we will report again, probably with a more aggressive tone this time as it's not fair to everyone. 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MacMe wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

The announcements most often come one or two days after the rewards show up in accounts, and not usually on a weekend.  I think Brooke works mostly on weekdays. 

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stonechucker wrote:

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stonechucker wrote:

Nothing for me either. I guess the cheaters made their way up in the ranking.

@ohitora wrote:

Like I posted before - we should all BRAVO each others posts because after all we are all users and not management.

Once again you are using your other accounts to bravo your own post. You are lucky that you are still alive in this community. We will see how long it will last. 

@stonechucker wrote:

Well, it’s now 10 minutes into Sunday morning, and still no rewards for me.

if I don’t qualify, that’s cool.  But it does seem strange when I’ve been in the previous $7 and $4 rewards since fall of 2916, on a regular basis.

oh well.  I’ve always said, and I still mean whole heartedly, I enjoy helping out, and will continue to do so.

2916...you must have a Delorean. Maybe the community rewards will be reflected then 😉

@ohitora wrote:

Like I posted before - we should all BRAVO each others posts because after all we are all users and not management.

What good would that do?  Bravo bad responses or incorrect info defeats the whole purpose of rewarding helpful people

ohitora

@stonechucker wrote:

if I don’t qualify, that’s cool.  But it does seem strange when I’ve been in the previous $7 and $4 rewards since fall of 2916, on a regular basis.

oh well.  I’ve always said, and I still mean whole heartedly, I enjoy helping out, and will continue to do so.

You should do a follow-up once the official announcement is made.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

If it really matters, the updates to user accounts should be implemented after the announcement.  Systematically, the announcements have always came second.

That's exactly what I was thinking earlier.  Something can't expect to be kept secret if Public has added to rewards to everyone's accounts.  The only problem with putting the rewards in our accounts after the annoucement would be people would then start wondering why they haven't received them yet.  But I guess people would get used to it.

Obviously the announcement can include a statement that rewards will be added to customer accounts within a prescribed time.  Regardless, those with anxiety disorder will still rant about why rewards have not been received.  

@SD08 wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

Then I have an idea!!!

Let's make a master topic, sticky it and keep all disscussions there. If we see any new post, simply merge it. 

@NDesai

I think Oracles should be given the ability to create stickied topics.  That was one of my recommendations to PM when I went for the feedback interview in May. 

Edit:  Or have you been given this ability already?  Cat Happy

No, we can't sticky topics. All we can do is request to the team to have it stickied. 

Thanks for that recommendation.

SD08

@NDesai wrote:

Then I have an idea!!!

Let's make a master topic, sticky it and keep all disscussions there. If we see any new post, simply merge it. 

@NDesai

I think Oracles should be given the ability to create stickied topics.  That was one of my recommendations to PM when I went for the feedback interview in May. 

Edit:  Or have you been given this ability already?  Cat Happy

SD08

@stonechucker wrote:

@stonechucker

You definitely should have gotten at least the 5% reward.  That's what I received, and I know you were more active than I was for June.

@stonechucker Probably you are too active, the oracle played with you. Smiley Happy

Honestly I never checked the announcement thread to see if it had been updated I started the thread so people could check and see the new reward levels. Again as stated it isn't a secret.  The surprise at announcement time is to see who made what level and congratulate them there

Lol #easykiller #calmyourtits 😂🤣

@will13am wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

Just couldn't wait eh....

What like releasing a new promo before it is announced here?  How is this any different, the rewards are posted to our accounts which would make it a more official statement than something read on redflag.

Perhaps, you could've disscussed this here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/A-letter-from-Dave-to-the-Community-Int...

It was just a heads up. And I posted so no one else does. Community rewards announcement is expected every month, so I am not sure why we can't wait for the official announcement. Many thing disscussed here seems like awaiting for the announcement/badges.

Blame it on the kid in everyone.  Think Christmas time.  If it really mattered, the official announcement can be advanced.  Bah humbug.  Smiley Sad

No, no.  If anyone, it's ok to put this one on me as blurted it out in the Annoucement thread about a half day earlier.  So, no need to blame Shawn.   I posted my findings in that thread because it's the first month of the new reward system and was kind of wondering what everyone thought about the new amounts and to talk about what we should be expecting from now on with these rewards. 

My belief is that if Public Mobile didn't want people talking about the rewards before the announcement, they shouldn't be posting them in our accounts until after the announcement.  I  would also be very surprised if many who care enough to be discussing the community rewards wouldn't  already be checking around this time of month anyway.   At least for me, when I posted it about it in Dave's annoucement thread, I figured that if someone really didn't want to know about any earned rewards before the official annoucement, he or she wouldn't be reading in a topic about the community rewards.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

What like releasing a new promo before it is announced here?  How is this any different, the rewards are posted to our accounts which would make it a more official statement than something read on redflag.

Perhaps, you could've disscussed this here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/A-letter-from-Dave-to-the-Community-Int...

It was just a heads up. And I posted so no one else does. Community rewards announcement is expected every month, so I am not sure why we can't wait for the official announcement. Many thing disscussed here seems like awaiting for the announcement/badges.

Blame it on the kid in everyone.  Think Christmas time.  If it really mattered, the official announcement can be advanced.  Bah humbug.  Smiley Sad

No, no.  If anyone, it's ok to put this one on me as blurted it out in the Annoucement thread about a half day earlier.  So, no need to blame Shawn.   I posted my findings in that thread because it's the first month of the new reward system and was kind of wondering what everyone thought about the new amounts and to talk about what we should be expecting from now on with these rewards. 

My belief is that if Public Mobile didn't want people talking about the rewards before the announcement, they shouldn't be posting them in our accounts until after the announcement.  I  would also be very surprised if many who care enough to be discussing the community rewards wouldn't  already be checking around this time of month anyway.   At least for me, when I posted it about it in Dave's annoucement thread, I figured that if someone really didn't want to know about any earned rewards before the official annoucement, he or she wouldn't be reading in a topic about the community rewards.

TBH, this is much ado about nothing.  Nobody did anything wrong.  This isn't the first time somebody started a thread about rewards being handed out before the official announcement.  This won't be the last.  The fact that this is the first time with the new reward levels changes nothing.  There's no secret that we are to expect the new reward levels to be applied.  There's nothing wrong with reporting about a user's account.  If it really matters, the updates to user accounts should be implemented after the announcement.  Systematically, the announcements have always came second.

Then I have an idea!!!

@will13am wrote:

If it really matters, the updates to user accounts should be implemented after the announcement.  Systematically, the announcements have always came second.

That's exactly what I was thinking earlier.  Something can't expect to be kept secret if Public has added to rewards to everyone's accounts.  The only problem with putting the rewards in our accounts after the annoucement would be people would then start wondering why they haven't received them yet.  But I guess people would get used to it.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

TBH, this is much ado about nothing.  Nobody did anything wrong.  The fact that this is the first time with the new reward levels changes nothing.  There's no secret that we are to expect the new reward levels to be applied.  There's nothing wrong with reporting about a user's account.  If it really matters, the updates to user accounts should be implemented after the announcement.  Systematically, the announcements have always came second.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

Totally agree, and i think it was a right decision to keep the discussions in that thread instead of starting a new one. 

With this type of early and sort of annoucement like topic, people celebrate early and they totally should, but they celebrate again for the same thing when the official announcement goes live. So my point here is, why not just wait a couple days?

Need Help? Let's chat.