cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Porting of rewards

I'm thinking of upgrading my current PM plan to a higher plan. Will my current reward discounts be carried forward to the new plan or will I have to start from the beginning. 

Oracle

Re: Porting of rewards

Changing plans does not affect your rewards. 

Oracle

@goombaman wrote:

I'm thinking of upgrading my current PM plan to a higher plan. Will my current reward discounts be carried forward to the new plan or will I have to start from the beginning. 

There are associated with your account and not just your plan.  They will move forward with you.  They will only be applied on a renewal date so if you are doing an immediate plan change you will need to pay the full price.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Rewards cannot be transferred. If you port out and back in, for the $10 off for 6 months, your rewards would be lost. 

Oracle

@TMS wrote:

Rewards cannot be transferred. If you port out and back in, for the $10 off for 6 months, your rewards would be lost. 

The OP isn't talking about porting out and back in just about changing to a higher priced plan.  So they will be able to keep their current rewards.  But you are also correct that if you port out you lose what is currently in your account.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@TMS wrote:

The OP isn't talking about porting out and back in just about changing to a higher priced plan.  So they will be able to keep their current rewards.  But you are also correct that if you port out you lose what is currently in your account.

I know. Smiley Happy

I’m anticipating someone asking this. 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That is correct. I am not porting out. I'm simply looking to get a better plan than the one I'm currently on but I don't want to lose the current discounts I'm getting for time of service and for bringing in friends and such.So thearetically if I'm paying $0 per month on a $20 plan would I get a $20 discount on a higher plan if I decided to upgrade

Oracle

@goombaman wrote:

That is correct. I am not porting out. I'm simply looking to get a better plan than the one I'm currently on but I don't want to lose the current discounts I'm getting for time of service and for bringing in friends and such.So thearetically if I'm paying $0 per month on a $20 plan would I get a $20 discount on a higher plan if I decided to upgrade

Yes you keep your referral credits, autopay credit, loyalty reward( if any) and any community rewards.

Mayor / Maire

@slash407 wrote:

is it best to wait for ur billing cycle to approach near end before switching to another plan to avoid any prorated issues

There are no prorated issues. There's no prorating.

The preferred method is to future date the plan change for your next renewal.

The other method is an immediate plan change. But you lose what is left of value of what you've already paid for. See no prorating.